I’ve decided to post every week noting the progress I’ve made while working on a new cozy mystery series. And so… today’s status for the week ending Friday, November 4th, 2016…
- We have a tentative book title! “Killed by an Academic Curve Ball” first release in the College Campus Murder Mystery series.
- We have an outline! Each chapter has a summary with the key actions, locations and characters prioritized.
- We have a timeline! The events leading up to the murder, the murder and the subsequent actions have been put onto a timeline marking the start and end time for each important character (victim, sleuth, killer, suspects and red herrings).
- We have a second murder just to make it even more fun! And it’s got its own timeline.
- We have 3 side stories! Need to keep everyone’s attention focused on the murders but we all love to have a little distraction now and again.
- We have little nuggets dropped for future books in the series! Need to think ahead and build out in intricate little web.
With all that said, I guess next week will be all about detailed character descriptions, full of background, physicality, motivations, personality traits and a few key actions that will make you either love them or hate them. See here for a few early descriptions…
But first comes the weekend and a little break. Enjoy!