A to Z Favorites: A list of 26 things that I hate, one for each letter, a challenge posed to any readers who would like to participate
As a follow-up to last week’s favorite things from A to Z, this week we’re focusing on our LEAST favorite things, continuing the trend of the seventh day, ending the week on Sunday, as a list (we know I love them) of sorts that provides more in depth knowledge about me.
Oh, But I love both!
- Pick something that starts with that letter and add it to your own list. Don’t think about it… just come up with a couple ideas in under five seconds and choose the best of the bunch.
- It can be a thing or place, but not a named person. We don’t want anyone to feel left out!
- This week it’s your LEAST favorite things… but next week will be something else. Add in any extra comments if you need to explain.
- Nominate 5 people at the bottom of your post that you want to re-post with their 26 items. Pick at random – no favorites!
- It’s a fun game, but if you are nominated and DO NOT want to participate, you don’t have to. Just ignore it! Totally OK.
- You may not have been nominated, but you can totally participate by following these rules.
- Post it as a reply on the person’s blog where you found it. Also post it on your own blog as a new post.
- Should we use a tag so we can see all the responses? Suggestions…
- This may not go anywhere if there is no participation other than me. And that’s OK. The 365 Daily Challenge was about me to start, so I cannot expect or force anyone else.
- Have fun and get to know your online friends. Tell us when you post your 26 items. Thanks!
My A to Z LEAST Favorite Things
A – Arguments
B – Bedbugs (never had them, but friends have… not pretty!)
C – Cancer (too many loved ones have died)
D – Death
E – Eggplant (tastes like dirt)
F – Fake plants (I abhor them… won’t let them into my home… only real ones)
G – Grinding my teeth (can’t seem to stop myself lately)
H – Heat (just when it’s too hot in the summer)
I – Illness (who likes being sick?)
J – Jellyfish (they sting)
K – Killers
L – Loudness
M – Mushrooms (taste worse than dirt)
N – Nonsense (when people do stupid things on purpose, I get annoyed!)
O – Octopus (tastes like rubber)
P – Pretenders (just be real people)
Q – Quid Pro Quo (that saying annoys me, just a fancy way of saying “can you do me a favor?”)
R – Reality TV show (those people drive me crazy)
S – Stealing (it’s not very nice, is it?)
T – Tickled (I absolutely can’t stand being tickled… feel so unprotected)
U – U-Turns (I much prefer using a traffic circle… easier)
V – Vandalism
W – Wasps
X – Xerox (this was a hard one… I like the company, but I hate when people say “I’ll make a xerox.” Just say “I’ll make a copy.”)
Y – Yelling
Z – Zilch (ugh… the word sounds awful. Just say “zero.”)
People You Are Tagging
About Me & the “365 Daily Challenge”
I’m Jay. I am 40 and live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.
The goal: Knowledge. Acceptance. Understanding. Optimization. Happiness. Help. For myself. For others. And if all else fails, humor. When I’m finished in one year, I hope to have more answers about the future and what I will do with the remainder of my life. All aspects to be considered. It’s not just about a career, hobbies, residence, activities, efforts, et al. It’s meant to be a comprehensive study and reflection from an ordinary man. Not a doctor. Not a therapist. Not a friend. Not an encyclopedia full of prior research. Just pure thought, a blogged journal with true honesty.
Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post.