Welcome to the My Life in Books Tag
I was not tagged by anyone but I found this tag on someone’s site and thought it was cool. I started tracing it back to the original creator, but after about 10 degrees of separation, I felt like Alice in Wonderland… so I stopped. I give full credit to the original creator, whoever you are, plus the great blogs I stumbled across: Blame Chocolate, Books In Her Eyes, MELTINGPOTSANDOTHERCALAMITIES, icebreaker694, jessicamarie493, THRICE READ.
As for the rules, I’m a bit fuzzy. I assume you pick books for the letters of your name that have some significance to them. What I’m not sure about is… should I explain why it was chosen? Otherwise, some readers may think I’ve got a crazy life!
1. Find a book for each of your initials!
- J – J is for Judgment by Sue Grafton
- A – And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
- M – Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare
- E – The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
- S – The Secret History by Donna Tartt
2. Count your age along your bookshelf: What book is it?
- The Return of the King by JRR Tolkien
3. Pick a book set in your city/country!
- NYC – The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. Pick a book that represents a destination you’d love to travel to!
- Scotland – Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
5. Pick a book that’s your favorite color!
- Black – Bodas de Sangre by Federico Garcia Lorca
6. Which book do you have the fondest memories of?
- The Philosopher’s Apprentice by James Morrow
7. Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?
- The White Bone by Barbara Gowdy
8. Which book in your TBR pile will give you the biggest accomplishment when you finish it?
- Fall of Giants (Century Trilogy #1) by Ken Follett
That’s it. Hope you enjoyed! Be sure to try out this tag for yourself. It was really fun and easy!
Who do I tag?
Everyone who is following me, of course! 😛
I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Each week, I will post a summary of a trip I’ve taken somewhere in the world. I’ll cover the transportation, hotel, restaurants, activities, who, what, when, where and why… and let you decide for yourself if it’s a trip worth taking.
Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com, you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare!
Feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Tell me what you think. Note: All content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.