365 Challenge: Day 63 – A to Z Foods

A to Z Foods: A list of 26 foods that I either love or hate, one for each letter, a challenge posed to any readers who would like to participate. Maybe it’s the foods your mom made you when you were a kid… oh… Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers out there! xoxo

ATOZfood

As a follow-up to last week’s fears from A to Z, this week we’re focusing on the foods we either love or absolutely hate (whichever you prefer), continuing the trend of the seventh day, ending the week on Sunday, as a list (we know I love them) of sorts that provides more in depth knowledge about me.

Rules

1. Pick something that starts with that letter and add it to your own list. Don’t think about it… just come up with a couple ideas in under five seconds and choose the best of the bunch.
  2. It can be a hate or love, but not a specific restaurant or brand! I chose 13 things I loved and 13 things I hated. I’m all for equal opportunity!
  3. This week it’s foods you either love or hate… but next week will be something else. Add in any extra comments if you need to explain.
  4. It’s a fun game, but if you are nominated and DO NOT want to participate, you don’t have to. Just ignore it! Totally OK.
  5. You may not have been nominated, but you can totally participate by following these rules.
  6. Post it as a reply on the person’s blog where you found it. Also post it on your own blog as a new post.
  7. Should we use a tag so we can see all the responses? Suggestions… AtoZFood
  8. This may not go anywhere if there is no participation other than me. And that’s OK. The 365 Daily Challenge was about me to start, so I cannot expect or force anyone else.
  9. Have fun and get to know your online friends. Tell us when you post your 26 items.  Thanks!

A to Z Foods I Love or Hate

V – Veal (love)

W – Watercress (hate)

X – Xylitol gum (hate)

Y – Yogurt (love)

Z – Zucchini (hate)

People You Are Tagging

NO ONE! Anyone who wants to participate should… But someone has to… I don’t want to feel like the guy in the video below!

I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.

The goal: Knowledge. Acceptance. Understanding. Optimization. Happiness. Help. For myself. For others. And if all else fails, humor. When I’m finished in one year, I hope to have more answers about the future and what I will do with the remainder of my life. All aspects to be considered. It’s not just about a career, hobbies, residence, activities, efforts, et al. It’s meant to be a comprehensive study and reflection from an ordinary man. Not a doctor. Not a therapist. Not a friend. Not an encyclopedia full of prior research. Just pure thought, a blogged journal with true honesty.

Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post.

12 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 63 – A to Z Foods

May 14, 2017 at 7:24 AM

Oooh I’m doing this one! I have to think about X foods now haha

Mama always Said – Reactionary Tales said:
    May 14, 2017 at 8:43 AM

[…] you want to try this challenge out, click here for the […]

susandyer1962 said:
    May 14, 2017 at 9:00 AM

Awesome list! But I love liverwurst!! Lol

Sassy Brit (Reviewer) said:
    May 15, 2017 at 7:35 AM

Oh sounds fun!

Abhijit said:
    May 15, 2017 at 9:39 PM

Wow… This is creative!! 😅

May 16, 2017 at 5:59 AM

I couldn’t come up with a food for each letter, but here are my responses to YOUR list: avocado–hate/beans–I like them but they don’t like me. I eat them for protein or at Mexican restaurants/cake–I am an expert, creative cake baker/doughnuts–like but don’t indulge very often/eggs–love/frog legs–only had them once at a restaurant the evening of the junior-senior high school prom/grapefruit–like but can’t eat, interferes with my high blood pressure meds/hot dogs–I eat turkey or chicken hot dogs, charred in a pan in a little olive oil, like eating them over an open fire/ice cream–You haven’t eaten ice cream until you’ve tried Texas’ Bluebell Ice Cream from “the little creamery in Brennham, Texas and sold all over the state/jelly beans–indulge only at Easter for tradition’s sake/kale–grew some in my flower bed,it was very pretty but I didn’t like the taste until I found a recipe for kale chips, which were better than potato chips/liverwurst–never tried it, too nasty/nutells–tried it once, didn’t see what the fuss was all about, peanut butter is fine/octopus–had it once at a restaurant; it was crispy and crunchy, sensations I like, but then it got chewy and tough, so I spit it into my napkin/pickles–love them/quiche–love it, make a good one/red cabbage–like it only raw in cole slaw or salads/ sushi–hate it, refuse to eat raw fish/tartare–same/unagi eel–never heard of it much less tried it/ veal–only if lightly breaded and cooked through but tender/watercress–hate it, tastes like water; why bother?/xylitol gum–never heard of it but give you an A+ for creativity/yogurt–love it, especially with a little granola sprinkled on top and stirred in/zucchini–You haven’t lived until you’ve had my zucchini dessert bread. As a side dish or in soups and stews, I hate it.
    This was fun. Thanks for taking the time to read my nonsense!

May 16, 2017 at 7:09 AM

So many things to comment on here… but I love reading things like this about people’s interests and reactions to things. I’ll go with my top 3 reactions to your list: That is the perfect response to octopus – spit it out! I’d actually try the zucchini read as the flavor would be hidden, and I believe it makes the bread a lot more moist, so worth a try. And I vaguely remember you mentioning something about cakes in the past. I love to eat cake. But I limit myself since it is not always good for you. I torture myself watching the Great British Baking show these days….