Blog: A Book Bucket List

Link Posted on Updated on

As I was looking through a few new sites this morning, I came across a brilliant idea. We all have our “To Be Read” list on Goodreads. We all have our favorite authors and genres. But how many of us have our very own “Book Bucket List?” I cannot claim to be the creator of this very cool idea, as I found it on a new online friend’s page: Laura @ thebookcorps.  She’s got a fun site, full of book reviews, blog postings and great ideas. Go take a look to see more. I’m thankful to her for posting her own “bucket list” and being OK with me borrowing her idea!

book.jpg

I’m not exactly sure how this works, so I’m going to make up my own rules. Today, I’ve started it with the top 12 books I want to read: 1 for every month in the next year, including a link to the book on Goodreads. I’ve also included the two books from 2017 that would have been on the list if I hadn’t already read them. I will keep adding to this page as I find new books that I absolutely must read. And when I cross one off the list, I’ll literally cross it off this list (see below) and provide a link to my book review. Without any further ado, below is my official “Book Bucket List” for everyone to see and monitor progress with this initial post, but the permanent page where I will track each update is located here:  Book Bucket List

1. Arden, Katherine — The Bear and the Nightingale
  10. McKinlay, Jenn — A Likely Story
  11. Morton, Kate — The Distant Hours
  12. Morton, Kate — The Lake House
  13. Mosse, Kate — Citadel
  14. Reichert, Amy E. — The Simplicity of Cider

About Me

I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com, you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare! Each month, I will post a summary of a trip I’ve taken somewhere in the world. I’ll cover the transportation, hotel, restaurants, activities, who, what, when, where and why… and let you decide for yourself if it’s a trip worth taking.

Feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Tell me what you think. Note: All content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.

27 thoughts on “Blog: A Book Bucket List

Judy Hudgins said:
    May 17, 2017 at 1:13 PM

Bear and Nightingale…excellent and a look at Russian folktales, Court of Thorns and Roses, also good. Dragonfly in Amber…long, but worth it. Of course, then you have about 12 more books of equal length to go through plus the TV series (which is pretty good). Two, three and four are also on my to-read list.

May 17, 2017 at 1:16 PM

I didn’t realize it until you called out a few, but many of the ones on my list or major epic book series or lengthy books. I think I have an addiction to lengthy books. 🙂 We share some similar book interests tho!

readrantrockandroll said:
    May 17, 2017 at 1:28 PM

Love Outlander and The Bear and the Nightingale! Great books, James!

nildamacedopaulino said:
    May 17, 2017 at 1:29 PM

Nice ❤ ❤ ❤

susandyer1962 said:
    May 17, 2017 at 1:54 PM

Good luck Jay! I bet you knock the rest off in two months!!

May 17, 2017 at 2:07 PM

Court of Thorns and Roses — book 1 is good but the following 2 books are better so make sure you read them all! Dragonfly in Amber is long as hell but also good and the TV show is FANTASTIC! Six of Crows is on my TBR list eventually, hahaha

May 17, 2017 at 3:34 PM

Oh good idea! I notice most of yours are tomes which are part of series! I think mine would be aswell! I’ve read Dragonfly in Amber, I read it last year, a mammoth read but so good. I red to move on to the next one in the series but honestly the size is daunting which says something given most the books I read are huge!

May 17, 2017 at 3:38 PM

We totally understand one another there. By usually the lengthy books are the amazing ones!

Valerie @ Valerie's Musings said:
    May 17, 2017 at 4:37 PM

This is a really great idea!! It makes sense to have a Book Bucket List on top of one’s “regular” Bucket List. 🙂

I also want to read “The Bear and the Nightingale”, “Into the Water”, and “A Likely Story”. I think I’d probably add some children/teen lit to mine as there’s a few books in those genres that I’ve wanted to read for a while and haven’t gotten to because of reading other titles for review.

May 17, 2017 at 4:42 PM

Good choices! You should definitely add this to your page so you can track your bucket books (or “bookets” as someone on Goodreads said!).

thebookcorps said:
    May 17, 2017 at 7:39 PM

Great choices! Hope you get to read them all – thanks so much for crediting me, that’s so sweet 😀

Sassy Brit (Reviewer) said:
    May 18, 2017 at 6:06 AM

Currently reading: Hawkins, Paula — Into the Water – so far so good! Great idea by the way. Like 1001 books to read before you die ;D

May 18, 2017 at 6:24 AM

1001…. that’s achievable. Lol. Glad you are enjoying that book. I’m hoping for July to read it.

May 19, 2017 at 4:02 PM

I’ve read The Lake House and The Citadel; you (knowing you as I feel I do) you will like them both.

May 19, 2017 at 4:04 PM

Citadel is sitting on the bookshelf now… and I desperately want to start it, but I have 3 NetGalley reads in the next 2 weeks to get thru first.

TAG: Goodreads Books #2 « this-is-my-truth-now said:
    May 20, 2017 at 6:15 PM

[…] submitted requests for on NetGalley. And I recently started my “Book Bucket List.” Check the post out by clicking here. It has 12 books (one per month for a year) that I hope to read… then add a new one as each […]

Bella G. Bear said:
    May 30, 2017 at 8:51 AM

I like the structure you brought into your reading bucket list. That would probably make it much easier to actuallt read the book instead of one of the thousands of other great books around.

I had one book on my normal bucket list. That was to read ‘the city of dreaming books’ by Walter Moers in German, it’s original languague and I managed, multiple times already 😀 It is such a great book.

May 30, 2017 at 8:52 AM

Thank you! I’m trying to keep things manageable but not always easy! Interesting book. All in German… wow. That’s kinda cool. Thx for the share.

Bella G. Bear said:
        May 30, 2017 at 3:59 PM

no managing things is not easy… yeah, but a part of his books is also translated in English if you are interested! I can certainly recommend them

May 30, 2017 at 4:04 PM

good to know, thanks!

[…] The Book Bucket List post where I list the 12 books I must read this year in case I die. You can see it here. […]

A Bucket of Books | papower said:
    June 9, 2017 at 4:03 PM

[…] guarantee they sites will provide spoiler alerts where needed. Happy reading, and thanks to Jay in NYC for the […]