AWARD: MYSTERY BLOGGER

Link Posted on

I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Roda via her blog at GrowingSelf. We connected a few weeks ago and I’m still exploring all the amazing content on her site. She has fantastic photographs and a really cool approach to documenting everything going on in her life. Please find a few minutes to stop by her blog and say hello.

mystery.jpg

What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“The “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion” ~ Okoto Enigma.

How Does It Work:

• Put the award logo/image on your blog
  • List the rules
  • Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
  • Mention the creator of the award
  • Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
  • Nominate up to 10 people
  • Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
  • Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
  • Share a link to your best post(s)

mys.jpg

3 Facts about Jay:

• My initial major in college was English Education, as I wanted to be a middle school English teacher. Then I decided, if I want my own kids, I couldn’t teach other students all day long and then come home to my own, so… I switched to English and added in several minors: Communication, Spanish, Business and Writing. I’m very diverse. Then what do I do… get a job in technology for 17+ years. And I don’t have any kids.  What????
  • I keep my food separated on my plate. If two things touch, I usually can’t eat it, unless it’s a dish cooked together, e.g. shrimp and grits or chicken and waffles. Those are totally fine combinations!!!
  • I am not a fan of vegetables. I can eat most of them raw, but if you cook them… I so won’t eat them. Except eggplant and mushrooms. Those were put on the planet to kill me.

Rona’s Questions:

1) Are you a city mouse or a country mouse?

• I live in NYC, but if I had to pick a place to settle, it would be the country.

2) What is your Superpower?

• I can read quickly. I can add numbers pretty fast. I tend to guess people’s secrets.

3) Who is your role model?

• I don’t have one. 😦  I find things I like and want to add to my own personality from many different people, but I’ve yet to find a single person that I’d want to emulate 100%.

4) What Star Wars character would you be?

• I’d want to be Han Solo.

5) What is one word that describes YOU?

• Introspective

blog.jpg

My Nominations:

I am not going to select any specific names other than the last 5 people who commented on my blog… after doing several challenges, I’ve decided to offer it up to anyone who wants to participate… as it’s meant to be fun and social. So, the last 5 are:

E. Michael Helms, writer

Lashaan (Bookidote)

susandyer1962

lifeofangela

therobinsnest2017

Jay’s Questions:
1) What other country would you choose to live in?
2) Would you clone yourself if you could?
3) Where can you usually be found on a Saturday at 10pm?
4) What was your scariest dream?
5) Who surprises you more often than you’d expect?

Jay’s Favorite Post
I think it’s the 365 Daily Challenge intro… got the whole thing going!

I appreciate everyone who reads my blog, and especially those who comment and provide interactive conversation. I’d tag you all, but I don’t want to overwhelm you.  Thank you.

mystery

20 thoughts on “AWARD: MYSTERY BLOGGER

May 23, 2017 at 3:44 PM

Not a fan of veggies…noooo! My goal will be to change this, once I can get back in the kitchen and start posting recipes again!😜

May 23, 2017 at 3:45 PM

Ha! Nope… I can eat a few that are cooked, but ugh… when they are mushy or wet… my mouth just gets a sour twist to it!

May 23, 2017 at 3:46 PM

Roasting is the key! I would not eat a mushy veggie if you paid me! They should be crunchy!

May 23, 2017 at 3:48 PM

Crunchy with flavor may work. But there’s no exceptions with mushrooms or eggplants. I’ve tried ’em tons of way and all I ever taste is dirt. I’ll chance most others. 😛

May 23, 2017 at 3:49 PM

😂 eggplant is tricky

May 23, 2017 at 3:50 PM

By the way, have you read the Land of Stories series? It is one of my favorites in the realm of Children’s Lit. My students and children loved it!!!

May 23, 2017 at 3:52 PM

No… I vaguely recall something about it, but I’ll have to look that one up.

May 23, 2017 at 3:54 PM

Author Chris Colfer
        Children’s literature has always been a passion. Teaching elementary education for over 20 years fed my passion. This series is probably in the top five of my all-time favorites!

May 23, 2017 at 3:56 PM

Oh, that’s where I remember hearing about them. He’s in his mid-20s, I believe, right? The actor from Glee… I do need to get my hands on one to sample it. I miss teaching!

May 23, 2017 at 4:07 PM

Yes…he is extremely talented!!

E. Michael Helms, writer said:
    May 23, 2017 at 4:03 PM

Congratulations, and well deserved! –Michael

Five Questions?

1) What other country would you choose to live in?–Tahiti (French Polynesia)
    2) Would you clone yourself if you could?–I wouldn’t dare do that to the world.
    3) Where can you usually be found on a Saturday at 10pm?–I’m a homebody, so…
    4) What was your scariest dream?–Having my tonsils out at five. I followed a cackling witch on a broom through a black & white tunnel.
    5) Who surprises you more often than you’d expect?–The voice in my head.

May 23, 2017 at 4:12 PM

Ha! Love the answers for #2 and #5. Very humorous. 4 was pretty good too, but that was also scary.

May 23, 2017 at 4:50 PM

Congrats James on another award!!!

inspirationpie said:
    May 23, 2017 at 8:56 PM

Congrats,Jay! You do have an awesome blog…it’s totally deserved 🙂
    1) What other country would you choose to live in? France.
    2) Would you clone yourself if you could? You betcha!
    3) Where can you usually be found on a Saturday at 10pm? On my sofa.
    4) What was your scariest dream? Being late and unable to move.
    5) Who surprises you more often than you’d expect? My kids.

Jo-Ann

May 24, 2017 at 6:34 AM

Thank you! France is a good call. England is my first, but Spain or France would be second.

inspirationpie said:
        May 24, 2017 at 8:31 AM

Funny, I actually wrote England and then backspaced and put in France. We were in England two years ago and LOVED it. I mean, I could live there, no problem. We stayed in Glastonbury, which is quite a contrast to London. Still very busy but it had the quaint village feel.

I changed it to France because I figured the weather would be warmer, and sunnier, too 🙂 Haha and I would be able to make use of those French lessons, right?

May 24, 2017 at 8:34 AM

Definitely true, if you speak French. It would make you feel more part of the country. I’ve been to Paris for a week, but I would love to hit the countryside or the mountains in France. In England, it would be the Cotswolds for me.

May 24, 2017 at 6:20 AM

Congrats on another nomination for an award it is well deserved. I don’t like my food to be touching either but I will still eat it if it does usually I just always try to make sure nothing touches!!

May 24, 2017 at 6:36 AM

I like having more people to share the food thing with! Feels more normal now. :). And thank you!