Thank you to Stephanie’s Novel Fiction for the nomination for the Sunshine Blogger. We just connected a few weeks ago, but I love popping over to her site… and we’ve got a couple of great conversations going in a short time. Go check out her site, as well as the answers to her questions at the end of this post – a way to get to know her too!
1. Thank the person/persons that nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.
3. Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
4. List the rules and display the award
QUESTIONS SHE ASKED TO ME
- What is your favorite book from childhood/young adulthood?
- I adored Flowers in the Attic by VC Andrews and want to re-read it again.
- If you were given $50 right now to spend on books, what books would you buy?
- Origin by Dan Brown
- A Column of Fire by Ken Follett
- The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
- What’s your favorite thing to do in the summertime?
- Vacation to the mountains or hide from the sun!
- Name one book that you really disliked reading or an author whose work you can’t stand?
- The White Bone by Barbara Gowdy… don’t make me remember it, please! Go see my review if you need to know more.
- If you could meet any literary character, who would it be and why?
- Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter. She embodies all the things I love!
- What are you currently watching on tv (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc (that you would recommend?
- Grace and Frankie, Younger, Young & Hungry, How To Get Away With Murder, Kimmy Schmidt, Great British Baking Show, Falcon Crest, Scandal, Modern Family, The Real O’Neals, SNL, Schitt’s Creek, Downward Dog, Mom, Life in Pieces, Who Do You Think You Are?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- Time Travel
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- Teacher, Architect or Writer
- Which book has left the most lasting impression on you?
- The Philosopher’s Apprentice by James Morrow
- What’s the weirdest or most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
- I tend not to eat things unless I know what they are, but I have tried frog’s legs. They were OK, nothing to write home about! 😛
- Which character in a book do you think is most like you?
- In about 25 years, Qwill from the “Cat Who” book series! LOL
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES TO ANSWER
- Where were you when you realized what career you wanted to pursue? Explain.
- What age do you want to live to, and why?
- What book character most annoys you? Explain it.
- What are your least and your most favorite of the 50 states? Explain.
- Where do you go when you need to feel comfortable, and why?
- What book do you most want to see made into a movie? Explain.
- What is your favorite type of weather? Explain.
- What past life do you wish you had, and why?
- Which president would you want to meet? Explain.
- How did you find out about WordPress? Details please… 🙂
- Where are you when you draft your blog posts? Explain!
Thank you very much for this award nomination. And I look forward to seeing everyone’s answers and feedback… have a great day full of sunshine!
QUESTIONS STEPHANIE ANSWERED
(leaving these in for you to get to know her)
- Read or Write? Definitely, read!
- Favorite Book Series? Oh, this is a tough one since there are so many excellent ones. But, I guess I would have to say, Harry Potter since I reread them whenever I get a chance. There’s just something so wondrously magical about the world and characters J.K. Rowling created that I never tire of rereading the series.
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Oh, I would read! I already stay awake every night until 2 am or later reading now that school is out and only sleep 4 to 5 hrs a night just so I can read as much as I can over the summer !!
- What is the most annoying habit that other people have? Interrupting someone when they’re talking.
- Are you usually early or late? I’m notoriously late, which is pretty bad since I’ve been known to show up right as I need to be unlocking my classroom doors for my lectures. Apparently, I have a reputation for it, so my students, new and old, all seem used to it and like to tease me about it whenever they can.
- What book universe would you most like to in? Definitely Harry Potter’s world and be a Professor at Hogwarts. I eagerly await my letter from Hogwarts every day!
- What age do you wish you could permanently be? Umm…tough one! My favorite age had to be 26 for some reason but I don’t want to say that age because I didn’t have my gorgeous daughter until I was 32…so I guess 32 it is!! Not too old or young
- Where is the most interesting place you’ve been? I traveled all over Europe after high school, so I’ve visited lots of interesting places, but I think that the Lavender fields in Provence, France is simply one of the most gorgeos places that I have ever seen.
- What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but just haven’t gotten around to it? Scuba diving!!
- What one thing do you really want but can’t afford? Oh, this is easy. I grew up with horses and would love to have a stable full of them! I miss riding every day, and my daughter adores horses and is just learning to ride. But, I can’t afford to upkeep several horses or even one!
- What city would you most like to live in? Hmmm, I’ve completely fallen in love with Charleston, S.C. and plan to move there once I finish my Ph.D. next semester. I love the thought of living in a city full of such rich history and being right by the beach. Plus, the food is amazing!