AWARD: Sunshine Blogger

Thank you to Stephanie’s Novel Fiction for the nomination for the Sunshine Blogger. We just connected a few weeks ago, but I love popping over to her site… and we’ve got a couple of great conversations going in a short time.  Go check out her site, as well as the answers to her questions at the end of this post – a way to get to know her too!

The Rules:

1. Thank the person/persons that nominated you and link back to their blog.

2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.

3. Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.

4. List the rules and display the award

sunshineblogger

QUESTIONS SHE ASKED TO ME

• What is your favorite book from childhood/young adulthood?

• If you were given $50 right now to spend on books, what books would you buy?
    • Origin by Dan Brown
    • A Column of Fire by Ken Follett
    • The House at Riverton by Kate Morton

•  What’s your favorite thing to do in the summertime?
    • Vacation to the mountains or hide from the sun!

• Name one book that you really disliked reading or an author whose work you can’t stand?
    • The White Bone by Barbara Gowdy… don’t make me remember it, please! Go see my review if you need to know more.

•  If you could meet any literary character, who would it be and why?
    • Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter. She embodies all the things I love!

• What are you currently watching on tv (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc (that you would recommend?
    • Grace and Frankie, Younger, Young & Hungry, How To Get Away With Murder, Kimmy Schmidt, Great British Baking Show, Falcon Crest, Scandal, Modern Family, The Real O’Neals, SNL, Schitt’s Creek, Downward Dog, Mom, Life in Pieces, Who Do You Think You Are?

• If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
    • Time Travel

•  When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
    • Teacher, Architect or Writer

• What’s the weirdest or most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
    • I tend not to eat things unless I know what they are, but I have tried frog’s legs. They were OK, nothing to write home about! 😛

• Which character in a book do you think is most like you?
    • In about 25 years, Qwill from the “Cat Who” book series! LOL

MY NOMINEES

Bel @ RoadsBelTraveled

PatriciaFairweatherRomero

KatiesCottageBooks

OrangutanLibrarian

Patty @ MoonshineCorner

BeaFreitas

Sarahylockwood

Valerie’s Musings

BookStalkerBlog

PanicAtTheBookStore

Fictionophile

QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES TO ANSWER

1. Where were you when you realized what career you wanted to pursue? Explain.
  2. What age do you want to live to, and why?
  3. What book character most annoys you? Explain it.
  4. What are your least and your most favorite of the 50 states? Explain.
  5. Where do you go when you need to feel comfortable, and why?
  6. What book do you most want to see made into a movie? Explain.
  7. What is your favorite type of weather? Explain.
  8. What past life do you wish you had, and why?
  9. Which president would you want to meet? Explain.
  10. How did you find out about WordPress? Details please… 🙂
  11. Where are you when you draft your blog posts? Explain!

Thank you very much for this award nomination. And I look forward to seeing everyone’s answers and feedback… have a great day full of sunshine!

-Jay

QUESTIONS STEPHANIE ANSWERED

(leaving these in for you to get to know her)

1. Read or Write? Definitely, read!
  2. Favorite Book Series? Oh, this is a tough one since there are so many excellent ones. But, I guess I would have to say, Harry Potter since I reread them whenever I get a chance. There’s just something so wondrously magical about the world and characters J.K. Rowling created that I never tire of rereading the series.
  3. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Oh, I would read! I already stay awake every night until 2 am or later reading now that school is out and only sleep 4 to 5 hrs a night just so I can read as much as I can over the summer !!
  4. What is the most annoying habit that other people have? Interrupting someone when they’re talking.
  5. Are you usually early or late? I’m notoriously late, which is pretty bad since I’ve been known to show up right as I need to be unlocking my classroom doors for my lectures. Apparently, I have a reputation for it, so my students, new and old, all seem used to it and like to tease me about it whenever they can.
  6. What book universe would you most like to in? Definitely Harry Potter’s world and be a Professor at Hogwarts. I eagerly await my letter from Hogwarts every day!
  7. What age do you wish you could permanently be? Umm…tough one! My favorite age had to be 26 for some reason but I don’t want to say that age because I didn’t have my gorgeous daughter until I was 32…so I guess 32 it is!! Not too old or young 😊
  8. Where is the most interesting place you’ve been? I traveled all over Europe after high school, so I’ve visited lots of interesting places, but I think that the Lavender fields in Provence, France is simply one of the most gorgeos places that I have ever seen.
  9. What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but just haven’t gotten around to it? Scuba diving!!
  10. What one thing do you really want but can’t afford? Oh, this is easy. I grew up with horses and would love to have a stable full of them! I miss riding every day, and my daughter adores horses and is just learning to ride. But, I  can’t afford to upkeep several horses or even one!
  11. What city would you most like to live in? Hmmm, I’ve completely fallen in love with Charleston, S.C. and plan to move there once I finish my Ph.D. next semester. I love the thought of living in a city full of such rich history and being right by the beach. Plus, the food is amazing!

30 thoughts on “AWARD: Sunshine Blogger

Panic At The Bookstore said:
    May 24, 2017 at 1:05 PM

Yay thanks for tagging us! We’ve already done the tag but your questions are pretty interesting so I just might do it. Great tag-Avi:)

May 24, 2017 at 1:09 PM

Oh cool, congrats for the past! Looking forward to seeing if you do answer them. I try to come up with different Q’s! Thx.

susandyer1962 said:
    May 24, 2017 at 1:10 PM

Frog legs? Ewww!! I’m skipping The White Bone after reading your review! Lol

Congratulations!!

thelivingbooktree said:
    May 24, 2017 at 1:45 PM

Fun to read your answers! 😀 Really liked Ken Follets Pillars of the Earth book but I haven´t read others…yet!

May 24, 2017 at 1:55 PM

World Without End was better than Pillars in my opinion. But Night Over Water, a non series book, is the best.

thelivingbooktree said:
        May 25, 2017 at 2:25 AM

Liked the characters much more in Pillars so I liked that book more then World Without End.

May 25, 2017 at 6:23 AM

I wonder what will happen in Columns of Fire. 🙂

thelivingbooktree said:
        May 25, 2017 at 7:02 AM

Yeah can´t wait to read you review of it later when you read it 😛

AWARD: SUNSHINE BLOGGER – Moohnshine's Corner said:
    May 24, 2017 at 2:20 PM

[…] AWARD: Sunshine Blogger […]

May 24, 2017 at 3:38 PM

Great answers. I thought frogs legs tasted like chewy chicken, but I agree nothing to write home about!

Stephanie said:
    May 24, 2017 at 3:45 PM

Thanks for participating 🙂 I loved your answers! Ken Follett is such a great author although I need to read more of his books than I have. I imagine that when I do get to actually teach at Hogwarts one day that I will be the epitome of Professor McGonagall although much younger, lol, so wonderful choice!. And thanks for including my question/answers at the bottom!

May 24, 2017 at 3:48 PM

You are welcome. I think it helps give everyone a sense of who the previous tagger was… in case they can’t easily click to your website at that moment. They see some answers, know if you’d click and then decide to go check you out, too! Have you read “Night Over Water” by Follett? Best one. Not a series either.

Stephanie said:
        May 24, 2017 at 4:10 PM

That is a very good reason! Too bad I didn’t think of that for my tagger! No, I haven’t read that one. I tend to get caught up in reading anything that is a series! Another one for my TBR list, lol!

May 24, 2017 at 4:38 PM

Wracking up those awards I see! 😉 Congratulations again James!!

May 24, 2017 at 4:49 PM

Thanks. Been a big week for some reason! 🙂

May 24, 2017 at 4:50 PM

The reason is because you’re awesome and very influential in the blogging world! 😁

May 24, 2017 at 4:51 PM

You are TOO kind. I am just throwing it stuff from my crazy head. But thank you.

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    May 24, 2017 at 9:33 PM

Professor McGonagall is the best!! And time travel would be an awesome power to have!! Thanks so much for the nomination!

susandyer1962 said:
    May 25, 2017 at 5:59 PM

Brat!! I have so much to read already and the HP books are really big!! Lol

susandyer1962 said:
    May 25, 2017 at 9:55 PM

Speaking on brats!! Hahaha

May 26, 2017 at 12:19 PM

I tried frog legs once. I was younger and we went to this new restaurant and they didn’t have anything I liked because I was a picky eater(still am actually) anyways my mom saw the frog legs and was like here’s some chicken tenders you can eat so we put a couple on my plate. After we had already put them on my plate a man that was standing behind us told us they were frog legs. I already had them on my plate so I was like I guess I will try them. To me they just tasted like chicken so I ate them.

May 26, 2017 at 2:00 PM

Yes, chicken… good point. It’s more just knowing what you’re eating and seeing it… and thinking… um…. can I do this? At least you tried them. Thanks for the share!

May 26, 2017 at 2:25 PM

Yeah I normally wouldn’t have done that because I am not big on trying.m new things like that but it was already on my plate and there was nothing else I would eat. While I did try it back then and liked it I have never ate it again LOL!!

Liebster Award #2 said: