TAG: Would You Rather – Books

Thank you to Sheri at  for tagging me in the “Would you rather?” book tag. I enjoy getting to know people via these tags, and you should look at Sheri’s site. It’s full of TV, books and movies… it’s organized really well, pretty to look at and has lots of fun content. Check out this post of hers… you might like the pics! 😛

wouldyourather

Would you rather…

Have an unlimited money for Ebooks, or a 5,000 dollar B&N giftcard?

Unlimited money for eBooks. While I prefer reading a physical book, I could ignore that if I had unlimited funds for online purchases… right? My reading thirst is unquenchable.

Meet any deceased poet, or J.K. Rowling?

I love poetry, but I’d rather meet Ms. Rowling… to talk about her imagination, struggles, recommendations… to hear funny stories about publishing and her characters… to see the things she regrets.

Write the world’s most famous book, or visit the world of your favorite book for one day?

Easy. Write the world’s most famous book… Because I have too many favorite books with amazing worlds to choose from. I couldn’t just pick one.

Choose Morelli or Ranger?  (Insert characters from your favorite fictional love triangle.)

Yikes…. this could be a lot of people, but there seem to only be two with triangles I can vividly recall at the moment… Hannah Swensen needs to choose between Mike and Norman in Joanne Fluke’s Lake Eden series, and eventually a third person enters the picture to complicate it even more from what I understand; I’m a few books behind. Stephanie has to choose between Ranger and Joe Morelli in Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum bounty hunter series. Ranger represents danger, darkness and wild. I’d have to go with Ranger on this one. I’m so quiet and normal, I need danger to shock my system every so often.

Experience Hogwarts in a very realistic and accurate virtual reality, or travel around the world for a year, at no cost.

Oh… tough, but easy at the same time. I love Harry Potter, but I’d be so disappointed to give it up after the realistic experience. If it were forever, I’d choose Harry Potter. If it were temporary, then I’d have to go with the year-long travel opportunity at no cost, assuming I could pick the locations and accommodations. If someone else is picking them, and I might not get such great places, then I’d be back to Harry Potter. See why it’s so tough???

rather 2.jpg

I Tag:

Absolutely everyone on my follower list. I want to see all the answers. I am greedy today. I may have to add some questions to this list next time… I’ve got a few interesting ones to share at some point!

About Me

I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com, you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare! Each month, I will post a summary of a trip I’ve taken somewhere in the world. I’ll cover the transportation, hotel, restaurants, activities, who, what, when, where and why… and let you decide for yourself if it’s a trip worth taking. Feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Tell me what you think. Note: All content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.

15 thoughts on “TAG: Would You Rather – Books

May 26, 2017 at 3:54 PM

Love those answers! I will do this at some point! I’m a bit behind with tags at the moment but I will get there!

May 26, 2017 at 3:57 PM

1. I’m with you. Unlimited ebook money hands down. You had me at unlimited books. I don’t care how they come to me if it’s forever.
    2. I’d pick the deceased poet. I’d love to meet William Shakespeare. Rowling is cool but Shakespeare is dope.
    3. Hands down I would visit the world. Some of them take place in space and that’s so cool!
    4. I haven’t read that series yet so I can’t comment. But I do want to say that I DESPISE love triangles. Few ppl can write them well enough.
    5. Travel around the world. Technically it doesn’t say which world though so I could see Hogwarts during my travels… Yeah?
    Cool tag James!

May 26, 2017 at 3:59 PM

Yes to #5… you could totally include Hogwarts. Very smart thinking!

As for triangles, I agree. Very few do it well.

Shakespeare would be cool… might have to re-think my answer!

Mama Cass said:
    May 26, 2017 at 8:16 PM

Very cool answers James. I could just say ditto. At the risk of sounding stupid, I don’t understand “tagging”. Could you explain to me as if I were an old lady? (Cuz I am) I tried googling it but it’s still over my head. Apologies.

May 26, 2017 at 8:29 PM

Thank you. I am glad we have similar thoughts on the questions! As for tagging… totally understand. I had to figure it out too. So… I’m happy to break it down. And no need to apologize. 🙂

It’s basically a way to pass the questions to someone else to answer. Normally Rhee tagger would name 5 or 10 specific people in their post. Then those people are suppose to answer the questions too on their own website. And it continues like a cycle to keep everyone getting to know one another thru the questions so that it is a bit like a game of “telephone”. You could change the questions but you don’t have to. Rather than name people, I offered it up to anyone who wants to answer the questions to participate. So you can respond and post it on your site with those questions and your own answers or you can just skip it if you would rather not participate.

It seems more complicated than it really is. All is tech geeks! At is simplest form, it’s just doing the same thing I did but on your site and naming people you want to participate.

Does that help?

Mama Cass said:
        May 26, 2017 at 8:37 PM

You are now my hero. Yes, thank you for your explanation. Sounds like a lot of fun. So I would respond to you on your site, copy and paste the same on my site and go from there.

May 26, 2017 at 8:40 PM

That would do it! If you know how to link between the sites, you could just write the new post on your site and only reference mine, instead of doing it twice. But if you haven’t linked posts before, then I’d skip that piece and just respond on mine and then put a new post on yours. Then your followers would see it too.

Mama Cass said:
    May 26, 2017 at 9:16 PM

Linking?? That sounds intriguing. Thanks so much for your help James.

May 26, 2017 at 9:19 PM

When you are ready to link posts, let me know!

Mama Cass said:
        May 26, 2017 at 9:51 PM

Ok kind sir, I have my response ready in a draft.

May 27, 2017 at 6:32 AM

Excellent!

Mama Cass said:
        May 27, 2017 at 7:51 AM

Would you rather…

Have an unlimited money for Ebooks, or a 5,000 dollar B&N giftcard?

Unlimited money for eBooks. Although if it was 5,000 for a locally owned bookstore, it would be a harder decision. But still go for the ebooks

Meet any deceased poet, or J.K. Rowling?

Maya Angelou. I love J.K., think she’s brilliant but Maya’s words have gotten me through my darkest days.

Easy. Write the world’s most famous book… Because (like my friend James said, I have too many favorite books with amazing worlds to choose from. Hogwarts or NYC 2059? SS Enterprise or Selma?

Ranger. Mysterious bad boy.

Hogwarts. Then I could go anywhere with foo powder

I Tag:

Absolutely everyone on my follower list. I want to see all the answers.

May 27, 2017 at 8:14 AM

Oh the powder from Harry Potter… that would be awesome. Love the answers! 🙂

Blogger Tag: Would You Rather | BrizzleLass Books said:
    June 11, 2017 at 12:06 PM

[…] saw this tag over at This is my Truth Now and knew it was one I wanted to take part in, Jay had done an open tag so I thought what the hell […]