AWARD: One Lovely Blogger

I want to thank Avid Observer @ What Living Taught Me for nominating me for this award. We connected earlier in the month and have been having lots of fun chatting across different topics. You should check out the site to see all the great content for the wonderful things in life.

one-lovely-blog-award-badge1

Rules:

• Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in their post.
  • They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
  • Must add 7 facts about themselves.
  • Nominate 15 people to do the award!

Seven fun and interesting facts about me:

1. I taught kids how to bowl when I was a teenager. I worked in a bowling alley after school and on weekends, learning how to run the machines, the front desk, the kitchen, the bar (when I was a bit older!) and running all the bowling leagues.
  2. I love horror movies, books and TV shows. I sometimes get a little scared, but it’s the best feeling in the world. I know I’m alive!
  3. I write short stories, poetry, family dramas and mysteries. If you ever want to beta read or provide feedback, let me know.
  4. I can add numbers really quickly in my head… sometimes it hurts!
  5. I am an only child.
  6. I prefer cold weather. I don’t like to sweat unless I’m engaging in some form of exercise. Then it’s OK… temporarily… otherwise, bring on the cool weather, baby!
  7. I hate vegetables but I love lima beans. Very weird. Anyone else like that?

My 15 Nominees:

About Me

I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com, you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare! Each month, I will post a summary of a trip I’ve taken somewhere in the world. I’ll cover the transportation, hotel, restaurants, activities, who, what, when, where and why… and let you decide for yourself if it’s a trip worth taking. Feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Tell me what you think.

29 thoughts on “AWARD: One Lovely Blogger

Carissa Reads It All said:
    May 29, 2017 at 1:05 PM

Thanks for the shout 🙂 I’ll have to get to this soon.

jennanicolee said:
    May 29, 2017 at 1:09 PM

I love lima beans! I have the exact same feel with horror. It scares me but I still watch/read it…such a weird phenomenon ha-ha! I also love the cold. We get SO much snow so it’s lots of fun. And it gets cold enough to skate on the canal which is nice. Fall is my favourite though 🙂

Vuelve a Empezar said:
    May 29, 2017 at 1:28 PM

Gracias

May 29, 2017 at 1:34 PM

You’re weird. Lima beans are gross. Haha. I’ll take you up on being a beta reader! Curious to see your works.

May 29, 2017 at 2:01 PM

That would be awesome! I’ll touch base with you this week about it. 🙂

May 29, 2017 at 3:43 PM

As for my writing… that would be great. So… I can take any sort of constructive criticism, even if you rip it to pieces! The book I’m currently shopping with literary agents (as of the last month or so) is called Watching a Glass Shatter. It can be reached at https://theglassfamily.wordpress.com/

I have 3 chapters posted. It’s got a summary and some character bios. If you want to take a look at that stuff, you can see if it’s even something you’d want to read a few chapters of. Then we could go from there.

May 29, 2017 at 3:45 PM

Okay. I’ll check it out. I just finished an ARC so I have some free minutes 😊

May 29, 2017 at 3:49 PM

be brutal! thx.

Avid Observer said:
    May 29, 2017 at 2:04 PM

Congrats!! 🙂
    Horror/thriller I’ve watched many but honestly they don’t scare me either :D.

[…] things to attend to. If you would like to see his responses to the One Lovely Blogger Award, click here! Thank you […]

Jo-Ann said:
    May 29, 2017 at 2:53 PM

Lima beans? Really?! LOL Congratulations on the award, Jay. I’d love to see your writing!

Jo-Ann

May 29, 2017 at 3:37 PM

Yes! They taste good. Not like dirt. Mushrooms and Eggplant taste like dirt. At least to me. LOL

For some reason, WP unfollowed you the last few days. I had to refollow you this morning, in case you saw a new mention of it. Not sure what happened.

Jo-Ann said:
        May 29, 2017 at 5:08 PM

I noticed that! Thanks for refollowing 🙂 I was having an issue with the whole wordpress.com vs self-hosted. I had both accounts and I think a lot of my comments directed people to the non-active blog. Took me a while to figure it out but it should be good now.

May 29, 2017 at 5:11 PM

Ouch. At least we’re back in touch!

May 29, 2017 at 3:39 PM

Jo-Ann said:
        May 29, 2017 at 5:10 PM

OMG! I will definitely check this out! How on earth do you have the time to write when you read/review/blog so much! You have a clone, don’t you 😉

Thanks again for thinking of me James. I’m totally with you in regards to loving horror in books, movies, and tv.😊

dray0308 said:
    May 29, 2017 at 3:26 PM

Thank you for the nomination!
    Danny

May 29, 2017 at 3:36 PM

Wow I wish there was someone who taught us to bowl when I was a kid! I won the booby prize for lowest score at my friends Christmas party bowl every year for ten years until they stopped having bowling parties and my humiliation was given a break! To date my highest score is 69! 😂

May 29, 2017 at 3:40 PM

Oh no! That’s too funny (the part about the score)… not the humiliation. I LOVED that job. 🙂

Stephanie said:
    May 29, 2017 at 9:36 PM

Thanks for the nod James! I’ll definitely get to it this week! Lima beans are yummy, especially the ones freshly grown in my dad’s garden..delicious! I do like other veggies though like dirt tasting mushrooms 🙂 I’m with you on the cold weather! I hate the heat, ugh! Give me fall all year round, and I would be happy…nice 45-55 degrees year round would be perfect. I love to read suspense and horror, but I can’t watch horror at all! Then I actually do have really bad nightmares. I don’t know what the difference is between reading and watching, but it’s literally terrifying!

May 29, 2017 at 10:29 PM

Eww mushrooms. 45 is perfect weather! And you are welcome. I look forward to the responses, when you have time. No rush!

Stephanie said:
        May 29, 2017 at 10:53 PM

That’s what everyone in my family says about mushrooms, lol! Oh, and that they’re slimy..ick! I only get to eat them at restaurants, so I do whenever I can! We don’t get many 45 degree days in NC, so I’m more used to 60+ degree fall temps. Or even 80+degree days in winter, which feels really odd if it happens on Christmas Day! We lived in Philly for 5 yrs, and I enjoyed the temps but not the snow ❄❄❄ It was too much for my Southern blood, lol!

[…] better (He’s a nice, funny guy!), the answers to his One Lovely Blogger Award are right here-just click on the link!! […]