Blog: Midweek Meltdown – A Moment of Clarity, Liebster and WP Angst!

Hello Friends!

I’m either having early-onset “he’s lost his mind” syndrome, someone’s deleted a few posts or WordPress is just messing with me today for its own evil pleasure.  I thought I’d share my mini-meltdown from today. I try not to post silly notes like this one, but I’ve spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out what went wrong and that’s a lot of lost time.

meltdown

I read all the posts from people I follow this morning when I woke up — around 400 of them — and then took care of my normal routine. I went back to start drafts for anything I had to respond to or answer, and all of a sudden, it was like 50 new messages showed up from earlier in the morning that I had not previously read. And 1 message disappeared. Who stole it!??!?!

WordPress: Are you trying to take advantage of this rainy day and turn my mini-meltdown into a massive-meltdown. I can only have one of those year, and I’m holding off for the end of year holiday season when tourists takeover midtown and I can’t go anywhere!!! (I love tourists and my friends who come visit NYC, but oh my… when they hold hands and block the entire sidewalk, screaming on cell phones and just stand there not moving anywhere…  #@$#@$@#… some of us live here and have to commute and use the sidewalks to get to stores and subways and…. oh… gotta stop… meltdown temperature increasing)…

Phew… avoided the meltdown. Thank you, glass #2 of a lovely French Sancerre at 3:55 in the afternoon.

Disappearing Message: I KNOW I saw a post this morning where I was nominated for  a blogging award (Liebster Award, I believe). I went back around lunch-time to thank the person and respond, and realized it was gone. Disappeared. I searched 400+ posts twice today, and it’s just been sucked up into a vortex. Where??????

If you nominated me, please send me the link to the message, as I can’t find it and don’t want you to think I am ignoring you… and it wasn’t a ping-back, as I checked my notifications. Oh… WordPress… I’ve been so good to you, why are you messing with me. Taking things away. Sending them back at different times. Changing what I see on my iPhone versus laptop. It’s so unfair. I’ve been so generous to you… why???????????

Maybe it’s not you, WordPress. Maybe it’s me?  Too many juice boxes today?

About Me

I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com, you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare! Each month, I will post a summary of a trip I’ve taken somewhere in the world. I’ll cover the transportation, hotel, restaurants, activities, who, what, when, where and why… and let you decide for yourself if it’s a trip worth taking.

29 thoughts on “Blog: Midweek Meltdown – A Moment of Clarity, Liebster and WP Angst!

May 30, 2017 at 3:05 PM

James your memes are amazing, lol. I’m almost done reading chapter 1 of your book btw. Holding my comments for after I read chapter 2

Patty said:
    May 30, 2017 at 3:06 PM

Too funny. You had me cracking up with this one. Love your post. 🙂

May 30, 2017 at 3:08 PM

HeHe! Thanks. Hopefully it all ends well and someone tells me where that missing post went!

nzfnmblog said:
    May 30, 2017 at 3:13 PM

I have had a few comments disappear on me but never a whole post! Hope whoever nominated you reads this lol

May 30, 2017 at 3:24 PM

Oh dear! I’ve had a bad day of epic proportions but you just made me laugh so as sorry as I am about your missing post and I genuinely am I am very pleased you wrote this. 😂

May 30, 2017 at 3:25 PM

I’m so sorry you had a bad day! But I am happy to serve as a moment of hilarity to give you a little respite. 🙂

Lelia T said:
    May 30, 2017 at 6:17 PM
    Lelia T said:
    May 30, 2017 at 6:19 PM

Or maybe you were nominated twice?

May 30, 2017 at 6:20 PM

Yes! I saw a second nomination come in overnight. But I totally appreciate you searching for the original one. Perhaps I imagined it! LOL

Jo-Ann said:
    May 30, 2017 at 9:07 PM

Oh, Jay…I feel for ya! I can totally relate! Sometimes WordPress just does weird stuff.

May 31, 2017 at 6:21 AM

Phew. Not just me!

Jo-Ann said:
        May 31, 2017 at 9:12 PM

I didn’t get a opportunity to comment earlier, but I was thinking about your lost award…So last week I had tagged a bunch of my followers for the liebster award and I didn’t get one response or even a visit. Weird, huh? My gut told me something was really wrong…Anyhoo…to make a long story short, I ended up deleting my wordpress.com account, which was inactive anyway. But I lost a bunch of followers *cries*. So then, you had to refollow me, remember? I wonder if a pingback came up but it was from last week, so that’s why you can’t find it?

May 31, 2017 at 9:24 PM

That’s a really good point. I didn’t catch the name of the blog as I was just scrolling thru quickly and planned to go back. No one else has stood up over it, so that may be the answer! I almost tagged you on a few today, but figured that would drop too much at once. But you should participate.

Jo-Ann said:
        May 31, 2017 at 9:30 PM

Will do! I like your new tag, I’ll give that a go 🙂 I’ve been a bit slow with my posting lately…the whole wordpress thing last week threw me all off!

May 31, 2017 at 9:53 PM

I totally understand. It’ll come together! No pressure.

Stephanie said:
    May 30, 2017 at 11:50 PM

I’m sorry you had a bad day with Word Press, but your post made me laugh…the memes are amazing! I need several “juice boxes” like that when my kids get out of school next week! I do think WP must have been a bit demonic yesterday though! Or, I was losing my mind as well since I did the Where in the World tag post earlier in the day, and it just showed up on my blog right before midnight, lol! I spent time looking for that one too…and I knew I had written it. I hope you found your missing Liebster post! And a better day with WP today 🙂

May 31, 2017 at 6:24 AM

I’m glad you found it! Still on the hunt for mine. Might just have to give up.

A juice box a day will keep the kids away… and maybe reading on their own? So they aren’t too far!

Stephanie said:
        May 31, 2017 at 8:45 AM

Sorry yours is still lost! Mine just mysteriously popped up after I stopped looking for it, so that might be the trick!!

Oh, my oldest has a job so will be working 40 hrs this summer, yay! And a serious girlfriend to occupy him the rest of the time 😮 ( possibly scary but he’s over 18, so what am I going to do??)

My 16 yr old starts his very first job in 3 weeks, after we come back from our 2 weeks vacay at the beach, so that’s him settled, thank God since that means he and his sister won’t argue over absolutely nothing at odd times. And he’s a reader or Xbox fiend depending on his mood. Although we do have an in ground pool, so that occupies all of them all summer! ☉☉ It’s when they decide to invite the neighborhood to hang out that I really need the juice boxes, lol.

My daughter is really getting into reading chapter books independently, so I’m hoping between the library and the books she’s getting on the 17th for her 7th b-day, she’ll be good for summer! Woohoo!

May 31, 2017 at 9:02 AM

Ok, I’ll stop searching today. Let’s see if someone responds and tells me they nominated me. If not… oh well… I let it go.

Hope those juice boxes work out this summer.

Awesome on the youngest for reading!

Starting a first job is a big step. Very cool.

The oldest… sounds like he’ll be leaving you alone given everything else he’s got going on.

This might work out for ya!

Stephanie said:
        May 31, 2017 at 9:35 AM

It may randomly appear…if not, then you did all you could! WP is just being odd.

Yes, I think an 18 yr old girl is more appealing than me anymore unless it’s for food, lol. It makes me a bit sad, but they do have to grow up.

Oh yes, I’m excited over his 1st job! It’s in a coffee house/cafe/French bakery. I’m going to have him bring home coffee, baguettes, scones, etc when I’m in the mood. Much better than juice boxes, lol.

I’m thrilled she wants to read..her brothers didn’t want to read for fun at this age, lol. She’s a girl after my own heart even if she wasn’t mine ❤❤

May 31, 2017 at 9:38 AM

LOL juice boxes and baked goods Now THAT is a good diet

Stephanie said:
        May 31, 2017 at 10:03 AM

Lol, they have famous white chocolate baguettes that are fantastic with an espresso! I’ll save the juice boxes for when half of the neighborhood thinks my house is their house! Migraine time…

Books, Vertigo and Tea said:
    May 31, 2017 at 2:39 PM

WP is cracked out. I am having a ton of issues. It will not let me read through my whole feed and keeps placing everyone in spam 😛

June 1, 2017 at 4:21 AM

You’ve had a frustrating morning, poor baby…