TAG: Listicle Books – Top 5 Non-Human Creatures

I’ve been tagged by Orangutan Librarian for the Listicle Books Top 5 Non-Human Creatures. As I am just a beginner in the science fiction and fantasy genres, I had to go with some simple ones I know well…

I’m so glad I didn’t have to do the one prior to this one:  5 Books You’ll Never Be Caught in Public with…. But you should go check out Orangutan Librarian’s post in the link above, as well as check the full site out. You’ll find random thoughts, satire and humor, book / movie conversions and tons of book reviews. I always have fun there while popping around, checking out the latest posts and books.

listicle

Rules:

• Create your own listicle tag, using the prompt from the person who tagged you.
  • Tag the creator of the post (not-so-modern-girl!) so that she can read all your brilliant posts and see how the joy of listicles is being spread.-
  • Nominate as many people as you want!
  • Set those 5 people the subject/prompt of their listicle post!

Top 5 Non-Human Creatures:

• #1 – Dobby the House Elf from the J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter book series
    • I suppose he may be part human, but I’m not sure where a house elf would exactly fit in. Either case, he’s not 100% human, so I’m going with him. I love how he wants to do the right thing, but he’s trapped to always listen to his master. But when Harry tricks Lucius Malfoy into handing Dobby his freedom, it’s amazing and deserved.

elf

• #2 – Aslan the Lion from C.S. Lewis’ Chronicles of Narnia book series
    • The lion is always king of the jungle, but when this lion gives up his life to protect the children, you know he’s worthy of your love.

aslan

• #3 – The Grand High Witch from Roald Dahl’s The Witches book
    • This witch may be part-human, but when she transforms, she’s not at all what you think she is… a nasty old rat! And when she dies into a melting little puddle, it’s fantastic.

witch

• #4 – Charlotte the Spider from E.B. White’s Charlotte’s Web book
    • While Wilbur the Pig might be the center of attention, it’s Charlotte who does all the work and unfortunately dies in the end. Her sacrifice makes her my heroine.

charlotte

• #5 – Flying Monkeys from L. Frank Baum’s Wizard of Oz book series
    • In honor of Orangutan, I choose this classic little beast who loves to torture their prey, but we later learn is more than just a monkey. At one point, they could even talk!

monkey

My Nominees:

The following five (5) people must choose the top 5 “best friend” characters you love in all the books you’ve ever read… and respond with those (if you want to participate — you don’t have to!!!)

About Me

I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com, you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare! Each month, I will post a summary of a trip I’ve taken somewhere in the world. I’ll cover the transportation, hotel, restaurants, activities, who, what, when, where and why… and let you decide for yourself if it’s a trip worth taking. Feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Tell me what you think. Note: All content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.

22 thoughts on “TAG: Listicle Books – Top 5 Non-Human Creatures

May 30, 2017 at 5:39 PM

Oooh Charlotte is a good one!!! As for yours my number one hands down would be Cookie from the Charley Davidson series. My best friend and I try to emulate it as best as possible even though we have a long distance friendship! Haha

May 30, 2017 at 5:39 PM

I almost tagged you back to keep it going… LOL

May 30, 2017 at 5:43 PM

Hahahaha I would have done it too! There’s no question at this point whether or not I’ll do your tags!

May 30, 2017 at 5:44 PM

Ha! I have 3 of 5 objects you tasked me with… should have that one done tomorrow!

And I’ve started a brand new tag I’m calling “ThisIsMyTruth” since that’s my site name… and I have some really fun things ready to go later in the week for everyone!

May 30, 2017 at 5:45 PM

Sounds good to me! Make sure to tag me 😉 I’m excited to see what objects you came up with!

May 30, 2017 at 5:46 PM

Definitely. As for the objects… I’m trying to pick things that aren’t so obvious… hopefully ignoring LOTR, HP and HG. Too many easy ones there.

May 30, 2017 at 5:47 PM

Hahaha this is true. I believe in you!

May 30, 2017 at 6:53 PM

Thank you!

Birdie said:
    May 30, 2017 at 5:43 PM

The Grand High Witch is a great choice! She still creeps me out.

hsimone said:
    May 31, 2017 at 12:15 AM

Awesome choices! I loved how Dobby made your list – he’s the best! 🙂

May 31, 2017 at 6:43 AM

Thanks! Yes… debated if he was considered part human or not! LOL

Tiana (The Book Raven) said:
    May 31, 2017 at 12:46 AM

The monkeys from wizard of oz and Charlotte are my favorites!! I miss reading about these character so much!!

Sassy Brit (Reviewer) said:
    May 31, 2017 at 5:37 AM

Ha! Great post! My initial thoughts were for Dr Who and StarWars characters but then more sprung to mind – what a choice!

[…] Nel and I have known (online) each other for a few months… and she loves pushing me to try new genres for both TV shows and books. Fantasy is my weak area, so she is introducing me to new books and characters. In return, I torture her with posts about cat books all the time. Just kidding! Her blog and website are fantastic. She has thought-provoking content, great conversational pieces and lots of strong perspectives. You definitely want to poke around by clicking the “Reactionary Tales” link above, which will show you her answers to the Listicle Tag that she had to answer: Top 5 non-human creatures! I also have to do that one because I was tagged there too…  you can see my responses here. […]

Books, Vertigo and Tea said:
    May 31, 2017 at 2:56 PM

Oh you have some great ones! Would Hobbits count 😉 I have bookmarked it. Thank you for the nomination 🙂

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    May 31, 2017 at 8:51 PM

Yay Dobby!! I was hoping someone would pick him!! And Aslan- this keeps getting better and better! hehe Grand High Witch is so wonderful (even if she is gross and horrible) hahahaha thank you so much for honouring me with that flying monkey, much appreciated 😉 Love your answers here- brilliant!!