TAG: This-Is-My-Truth-Now

As it seems I’ve gotten acclimated to the life of a blogger, and learned all about tags and awards, I thought I’d create my own tag. My blog is all about revealing the truth, discovering myself, being open and fair in all my book reviews and learning as much as possible about all the people I interact with on here.

{Aside: I assume I am allowed to do that, right? And if not, well then send the IWP (InterWeb Police) in my direction.}

So… I’m calling this the “This-Is-My-Truth-Now” or “ThisIsMyTruthNow” tag, and it will be all about telling the truth — my own version of truth or dare… are you scared? Nervous? Jealous that I’m so cool I created my own tag? I know… all in a day’s work.  NOT!  It’s meant to be fun. So here we go…

cropped-ryder_snow

The Challenge Questions

1. You’re on your way to a birthday dinner that your friends have thrown for you. When you arrive, your favorite author is having dinner by himself or herself and asks you to sit with them, before you even see your friends or they see you. You have two choices: (1) You can sit with the author but can’t tell your friends that you’ve abandoned them for three hours, or (2) Meet your friends and lose the only chance you’ll ever have to talk with the author. Pick one or the other — no exceptions or communication to your friends to tell them about the author — and explain why.
    • Meet my friends. I would love to meet the author, but I’d feel guilty over abandoning my friends when they showed up for a birthday dinner.
  2. You’ve got an opportunity to spend a few hours alone “in your bedroom” with a character from any book you’ve previously read. The character tells you that (s)he would like to lock the door and spend some alone time with you. What book and character is it, and do you decide to enter the room and lock the door, or tell them you aren’t interested?
    • Yes, I choose to lock the door. And these days… it would probably be Jamie Fraser from Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander simply due to the accent.
  3. If you could turn any male character from one of your favorite books into a female character (or change a female into a male) in the book or book series, which one and why?
    • I’d like to see a male version of Lisbeth Salander from Steig Larsson’s Millenium series – The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. And it’s because of the tattoos, the danger and the wild side that I could only imagine! No clue who the guy is below, but that’s who I’d picture for a male Lisebth.
  4. What blogger currently on your follower’s list (meaning they follow you too) do you admire the most and why?
    • Right now, I’ve got some super respect for Rae Longest because she reads every one of my posts and engages in really strong dialogue, revealing a lot about herself and how she and I are similar and different at the same time. I have this connection with a few online bloggers, but Rae and I already jokingly refer to each other as great aunt and nephew, even tho we’re not related.
  5. If you could change any one decision your favorite book character made, what would it be and why?
    • I would stop June Reid from Bill Clegg’s “Did You Ever Have a Family” from running away when her family is killed in the accident. It sets her off on a path that leads to a horrible period in her life and hurts one of my favorite characters, Lydia Morey.
  6. If you could pick 1 character from a book and 1 character from a TV show you watch (that is NOT based on a book) to be in a relationship together, who would you choose, and why?
    • Stephanie Plum from Janet Evanovich’s “One for the Money” book series with Ross Geller from Friends. To see their conversation over “we were on a break” would just be hilarious! And their facial expressions… yikes.
  7. It’s your last day on Earth. As you are about to cross that final finish line, a mysterious shadow appears, giving you a choice: (1) You can go move forward to whatever comes next for you [based on your own spiritual or religious beliefs], or (2) you can become a character in a book series and exist permanently doing whatever that author chooses to do with you in the book. Which do you choose, and if it’s option 2, reveal the book and author.
    • I think I’d have to go with Option 1 only because I wouldn’t want to mess with whatever fate had in store for me. But if for some reason I ever chose Option 2, I’d let Ken Follett put me in any of his books in any way he felt appropriate.
  8. If you could steal a pet from someone in any book you’ve read, but had to replace it with a friend’s pet (meaning they wouldn’t ever see their pet again), would you do it?  If so, explain the who and why.
    • I’d love to meet Koko from the “Cat Who” books so we could solve crimes together. But I’d never take someone else’s pet away. Are you crazy? LOL
  9. If you could turn someone from your real life into a character from a book, who from your life, who in the book and why?
    • I’d like to see my friend Michael (he’s just hilarious and has no filter when it comes to things he says) into a character in a Dr. Seuss book for adults. I think people would buy it ten times over. He can make you laugh no matter where you are or what’s happening in your life — and he has no boundaries. I’ve lost my shorts in public because of him, he will say things in cab that make you embarrassed, then jump out at a light and run away. Several bartenders have given us free shots just to get him to stop from being so lively. Total ridiculous fun.
  10. Post a picture of the cover of a book you read in 2000 and the book you are currently reading now. (Note: if you weren’t alive in 2000, pick the first book you ever read and tell everyone what year it was from).
    • Currently Reading
      •  You (You, #1)
    • 2000 Read
      • Catering to Nobody (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #1)
  11. Your favorite character (under 18) needs a place to stay for 3 months and asks you if (s)he could stay in your spare room (yes, you have one for the sake of this question). Who is it and what is the reason (s)he needs to stay with you?
    • I would adopt Liesl from Markus Zusak’s “The Book Thief,” as she needs a place to stay to escape from the Nazis. And since I am German, they would have trusted me, and the treasured book would still be part of our lives.
  12. Which of the 365 Daily Challenge posts most describes you? To see them all, you can go here. (Note: This is the question each person can change when they tag their own nominees)
    • They are all me, so I really can’t participate in my own questions, now can I?

The Rules

1. Create your own new post and call it “Tag: This-Is-My-Truth-Now” and be sure to include in your tags the words — without quotes — “ThisIsMyTruthNow Tag”
  2. Include these rules when you copy/paste to your own post.
  3. Be sure to thank the person that tagged you and include their responses at the bottom of your post, so someone can get to know them too. Tell everyone something interesting about the person who tagged you.
  4. Include a link to my original post mentioning this blog so we can see how many people choose to play along. Link to cut/paste is:  ThisIsMyTruthNow
  5. Choose 12 bloggers to tag and include a link to their latest post, so others can check them out and meet new people.
  6. Answer all 12 questions in The Challenge Questions section, but replace the 12th question with your own new one around telling the truth or revealing something interesting about yourself — you can leave the existing if you can’t think of something.
  7. Be sure to copy/paste the “Truth or Dare” section at the end of this post. It’s important to the challenge — so you better carefully read it!
  8. If you’ve haven’t been tagged, but you want to play along, you can totally jump on in and post responses to the tag on your blog.

tagger.jpg

8. PoojaG
  9. hsimone
  10. Stephanie
  11. BrizzleLass
  12. Book Princess Reviews

truthordare

TRUTH OR DARE: Oh, did I forget to tell you the last part of the ThisIsMyTruthNow tag? If you choose not to accept the tag, you have to follow through on whatever dare the person who tags you chooses — for my nominees, if you choose not to do this tag, your dare is to re-read [within the next 30 days] the book that has the lowest rating of all the books you’ve read in the last five (5) years. And if you don’t read it again, you’ll be cursed with bad book reads for the next five (5) years. HaHaHaHaHa!

character.jpg

Where’s my love?

About Me

I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com, you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare! Each month, I will post a summary of a trip I’ve taken somewhere in the world. I’ll cover the transportation, hotel, restaurants, activities, who, what, when, where and why… and let you decide for yourself if it’s a trip worth taking.

Feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Tell me what you think. Note: All content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.

60 thoughts on “TAG: This-Is-My-Truth-Now

May 31, 2017 at 5:46 PM

Oh my gosh hahaha. Curse of the bad books OH NO!!! I’ll be doing this tag for sure tomorrow. I need to think about a couple of those questions. Fun stuff!!!! Congrats on your first tag 😀

May 31, 2017 at 5:49 PM

Yeah. I’m evil like that.

May 31, 2017 at 5:58 PM

I like you brand of evil especially when there’s books involved. I don’t get tagged in to many probably because I’m not a review blog but you and orangutan are letting into your inner circles! 😀

May 31, 2017 at 6:06 PM

hahaahha

frankielovely said:
    May 31, 2017 at 6:11 PM

AHH! No bad book ju ju for me!
    And there is no way Im reading Hush Hush again 😛
    Thanks James! This tag looks really fun ❤

May 31, 2017 at 6:32 PM

Very true! No bad ju ju. It was fun when I answered the questions myself. A little tougher than I expected. Thx!

PatriciaFairweatherRomero said:
    May 31, 2017 at 6:25 PM

Now that is one I would do😊

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    May 31, 2017 at 8:55 PM

Hehe love these questions- so inventive! Gonna be hard to do a book I read in 2000 cos I was so young, but I’ll have a good think!! Thank you so much for tagging me 😀

susandyer1962 said:
    May 31, 2017 at 10:16 PM

2000 uh, I’m old you know?? Not sure if I can remember back that far!! I was in my 30’s then……Wow now in deep even older! Hahaha

Thank you for nominating me!! I have quite a few of these to do now!!

May 31, 2017 at 10:47 PM

Lol. It’s only 17 Years ago. Ha. You can do it! I had to look up on Goodreads to be honest. It’s a rough guess for me.

susandyer1962 said:
        May 31, 2017 at 10:50 PM

Only??? I only had one kid back then!! Now he is 30!! That was so look long ago!! Haha

Goodreads was around back then??? I joined in 2008…….

May 31, 2017 at 10:53 PM

I joined in 2012. I added everything I could remember reading and the rough month and year. Sometimes just Year.

You can approximate the book. Guess work is ok too !

frankielovely said:
    May 31, 2017 at 10:20 PM

My answer to your #12
    “Generous”

Honestly, choosing a positive attribute was pretty hard for me because I despise compliments and I get really awkward when discussing myself in a positive way. Ugh I know it’s dumb.

Something that I have been accused of being many times by others is “generous”. I have to admit that given the evidence and viewing myself from an outward perspective … it is an accurate description of me. I am usually overly generous, literally willing to do anything for anyone! And often times I am generous to a fault. I don’t even think about it, I just act, and give, sometimes more than I even have. Making other people happy makes me happy and fulfilled.

June 1, 2017 at 7:31 AM

Thank you for sharing. Eh… not dumb, just something to figure out how to be OK with perhaps in limited doses. I get it being awkward. I am mostly the same way, but then I realize it’s just part of being honest and real, to tell someone why they are good at something or you like something about them. Being generous is good, but it sounds like you may need to practice being generous to yourself a little more often so that you are not always just doing for others.

Pearl said:
    May 31, 2017 at 11:12 PM

You seem to be an avid reader, James. I don’t know if you are into books about time travel, but I certainly am. I am currently in the process of writing a post to my blog identifying books I have found that relate to time travel. What began as a list of less than 20 books that i was personally familiar with, has now grown to a list of over 160 novels. As I have continued to do internet research, I have become aware of more and more books in the time travel genre. I have also found that there are sequels to some of my favorite time travel novels of which I was not previously aware. An excellent example of that is H.G. Wells’ famous novel – The Time Machine. I have discovered that there are at least five sequels to that novel, one of which I recently finished reading – The Time Ships by Stephen Baxter. Anyway, I thought I would give you a heads-up. I appreciate the fact that you seem to be following posts on my blog quite regularly.

June 1, 2017 at 7:33 AM

Hi. I appreciate it. That’s quite a project you’ve got for yourself if you’re up to 160 already. Are you posting all at once or as you go? Time travel is really interesting, and there is a lot of directions it could go in. The Time Machine is one of my favorite stories. I haven’t heard of The Time Ships but will take a look at it this weekend. I do poke around other blogs and read most posts. Sometimes I skim if it’s not of interest, or I will read it all if it matches with something I am familiar on or over. As for the search engine questions we talked about earlier in the month… I’m not sure I know how to make that happen. As you long as you consistently tag with your identity / site identity, it may show up a lot more.

Pearl said:
        June 1, 2017 at 8:43 AM

As I said, Stephen Baxter wrote The Time Ships which is a direct sequel to Wells’ Time Machine. It was authorized by Wells’ estate and written some 100 years after the original. Other “sequels” I have now heard of, but have not yet read, are …

The Time Machine – A Sequel; by David Hayden
        The Truth About Weena; by David J. Lake
        The Man Who Loved Morlocks; by David J. Lake
        Time Machine II; By George Pal (the director of the original movie) and Joe Morhaim
        The Hertford Manuscript; by Richard Cowper

As far as the post goes, I am going to wait until I have at least included a brief synopsis of each book before I post it. I want to give readers an idea of what each book is about so they might make a better decision on whether to give it a try and read it. I may be about halfway through that so I have a ways to go.

If you’re interested now, please send me your email and I can send you just the raw list of books that I have compiled. My email is rkoehler1952@gmail.com.

Kristin said:
    June 1, 2017 at 12:12 AM

Oooo! Id totally steal my neighbor’s yappy dog that chases and growls and threatens to bite with almost any fictional pet!

June 1, 2017 at 7:34 AM

Yikes, sounds like a good reason!

Kristin said:
        June 1, 2017 at 7:41 AM

Ugh, it’s an awful dog! My husband reported them to animal control and that turned the neighbors into total jerkwads. They stomped into my yard demanding I keep my kids out of their yard even though my kids don’t go into their yard…ever. Plus they bought goats and chickens that at my garden. Trampled all my flowers and got on my car. They let them roam the neighborhood as if this is a farmyard instead of a development. Crazy! I would love to sell my house and move away from people!

June 1, 2017 at 7:51 AM

I don’t understand how people don’t know fair and respectful boundaries. Life’s hard enough, but to deliberately cause your neighbors issues or to not try to limit it if something is out of your control… they don’t sound like very nice or good people. I’m sorry! Hopefully it takes a positive turn.

Kristin said:
    June 1, 2017 at 12:15 AM

Err, steal and replace 😜 don’t mind me, I should be sleeping 😌

When is WordPress going to give us edit capability for comments?!

June 1, 2017 at 7:35 AM

that is totally needed. i don’t even think you can delete and re-comment, can you?

Kristin said:
        June 1, 2017 at 7:38 AM

Nope! I read mostly from my phone and usually late at night while trying to sleep. My replies often need editing! Ya know, once I realize I left out words or made 50 typos 😂

June 1, 2017 at 7:47 AM

It makes for a fun read tho!

Kristin said:
        June 1, 2017 at 7:48 AM

Lol! It drives me insane. I need to fix my mistakes 🤓

June 1, 2017 at 7:53 AM

I know… but don’t let the consume you!

June 1, 2017 at 3:12 AM

Love these questions! I will definitely be taking part! Thanks for tagging me and for creating such a cool tag! 👊

June 1, 2017 at 7:36 AM

You are welcome. And thank you. I wanted it to be more than just a quick few items, but not hours of work. Something that shows what you really care for in books or life!

hsimone said:
    June 1, 2017 at 5:26 AM

Great tag questions! I’m going to have to think about some of these questions before posting, which I’m going to have to do since I don’t want to re-read one of my lowest-rated books or be cursed with bad books for the next five years! :O Hahaha!! Love it!

Thank you for the tag! 😀

[…] a link to the original post (https://thisismytruthnow.com/2017/05/31/tag-this-is-my-truth-now/) mentioning the creator of this tag (James @ This is My Truth) so we can see how many people choose […]

Jo-Ann said:
    June 1, 2017 at 12:00 PM

Done! Apparently I’m not that imaginative Haha…I don’t watch a lot of TV, that doesn’t help with question 6.

June 1, 2017 at 12:02 PM

off to go look at it shortly! 🙂 thx.

June 1, 2017 at 12:22 PM

For some reason, I can’t figure out how to reply to your post on your site. Very odd… but, thank you for participating. And for saying me as the blogger in #4! I didn’t people would pick me. I was hoping to find new people to get to know! LOL

Yes, you can say your sons for number 9.

Outlander in 2000, how funny! and that was your answer for the pet question too! 🙂

Jo-Ann said:
        June 1, 2017 at 1:05 PM

Seriously Jay…will I ever get my blog fixed?! LOL Okay, but that does explain the lack of comments on my site! Thank you for letting me know!

I’m new to this so I’m probably not a great person to ask to introduce to other bloggers. But it is true!

Outlander, yeah, about that! I’m pretty diehard when it comes to the books. And I was really excited when the TV show came out but honestly I haven’t been watching it. I think I’ve mentioned that the TV is rarely on here, but I found there were too many awkward moments to watch with my sons around, ya know? One is 20 but my youngest is 13.

June 1, 2017 at 1:13 PM

Understandable on the TV stuff, especially with kids. I don’t have that channel, so I haven’t seen Outlander, only read the first book.

You’ll get the blog situated. It didn’t look like it had the “follow” button, “comment” button or “like” buttons for me. But maybe it was just me! Serry Jo-Ann!

Books, Vertigo and Tea said:
    June 1, 2017 at 1:12 PM

Oh wow! Thought out questions indeed. I opened this and then had a major workload dumped right on my plate, so book marking 🙂 Thanks for the tag my friend!

[…] I have been tagged by Frankie @ athousandlivesoffrankielovely to participate in this fun book-themed version tag of Truth-or-Dare created by James @ thisismytruthnow […]

[…] Include a link to my original post mentioning this blog so we can see how many people choose to play along. Link to cut/paste is:  ThisIsMyTruthNow […]

[…] I have been tagged by Maram @ shereadsatpastmidnight to participate in this fun book-themed version tag of Truth-or-Dare created by James @ thisismytruthnow […]

This Is My Truth Now Tag – bookslikesnowflakes said:
    June 8, 2017 at 5:30 PM

[…] this tag and I´m honestly super thankful. These are just some bunch of fun questions created by @thisismytruthnow so hopefully it´s fun for you to read […]

TAG: This-Is-My-Truth-Now said:
    June 9, 2017 at 4:42 AM

BOOK TAG | THIS-IS-MY-TRUTH-NOW – Booksprens said:
    June 9, 2017 at 11:05 AM

[…] I’ve been tagged by the lovely Maram @ She Reads at Past Midnight to answer 12 questions in this fun bookish version of Truth or Dare, created by James @ This is My Truth Now. […]

[…] tag was originally created by James from This is my Truth Now and asks you 12 tricky questions you have to answer or face a horrible alternative, which in my […]

this is my truth now tag | a ravenclaw library said:
    June 12, 2017 at 12:19 AM

[…] creator of this tag is James from This Is My Truth now. Also check out his blog and show some […]

Tag: This-Is-My-Truth-Now | BrizzleLass Books said:
    June 19, 2017 at 5:30 AM

[…] was pretty excited to be tagged for this one, It was created by the very lovely Jay at This is my Truth Now. It was an honour to be tagged on the first tag Jay has created and it’s taken me a few weeks […]