TAG: Anything But Books

I was tagged in a really fun tag by Patty at MoohnshinesCorner. We met a few months ago and have had a great time getting to know one another on our WordPress blogs. She has fun content on books and on many other topics — and super friendly. Go visit!

Well, the tag is exactly as it sounds – it’s a really wonderful way for those in the blogging community to get to know one another. It’s also great for readers of book blogs to get to know the bloggers more! I hope you enjoy!

Note: The image used for the Feature Image is not my creation! It belongs to another blogger. I heard it’s sourced back to The Girl Who Read Too Much book blog. Go check it out and follow her. I did earlier today and found it to be a really fun site.

One. Name a cartoon that you love

I loved The Jetsons. Something about futuristic family issues with a lovable dog.

Two. What is your favorite song right now?

Twenty One Pilots “Heathens” has gotten inside my brain… and the tone of the voice and the background sounds is just so calming and intense at the same time.

Three. What could you do for hours that isn’t reading?

Write. I’ve never had writer’s block. Words just flow from my mind and imagination.

Watch TV.

Sit and Do Nothing.

Four. What is something that you love to do that your followers would be surprised by?

Genealogy? I’ve traced my family back over 200 years…

Volleyball. I don’t get to play often tho.

Cook. I won’t follow recipes. I always change it or do my own thing.

Five. What is your favorite unnecessarily specific thing to learn about?

History. Love any kind of history and getting familiar with places and people I don’t know much about.

history.jpg

Six. What is something unusual that you know how to do?

Play Mahjong?

mahjong.jpg

Seven. Name something you made in the last year and show us if you can.

Dark Chocolate Tort with Raspberries

cake

Eight. What is your most recent personal project?

Either this blog or the novel I wrote. The novel is here.

Nine. Tell us something that you think about often?

I spend way too much thinking about how to organize my time. How do I get the most done in the least amount of time? If I have 3 hours of free time, do I read, blog, review or write. Help! Can’t decide….

Ten. Give us something that is your favorite.

I tend not to have favorites… except with foods and drinks….

Eleven. Say the first thing that pops into your head.

It’s 10:45 and I’m still sitting on my ass on the couch. I need to get to the gym. Now.

cat.jpg

TAG

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed! Tag! You’re it!

I chose the last 5 people I chatted with on my WordPress blog (except the person who tagged me and Nel… because we chat all day long and she can do any tag she likes!)

About Me

I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com, you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare! Each month, I will post a summary of a trip I’ve taken somewhere in the world. I’ll cover the transportation, hotel, restaurants, activities, who, what, when, where and why… and let you decide for yourself if it’s a trip worth taking.

Feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Tell me what you think.

34 thoughts on “TAG: Anything But Books

Patty said:
    June 13, 2017 at 9:56 AM

Oh my goodness Jay. You are such a riot. I freggin love the Jetsons!!! And I think I have worn out my itunes listening to Heathens!!! I love that song! Didn’t know you could bake. That tort looks to die for. Yummy! lol Get off the couch now and go to the gym. Lazy bones. 😛

June 13, 2017 at 10:22 AM

Ha! I replied, but I think it disappeared… yes, love to bake. Not anywhere as good as you with your cakes tho! 🙂 Gym at 12:30. eating lunch now and then will be ready to go!

frankielovely said:
    June 13, 2017 at 10:00 AM

1 omg the Jetsons! I was thinking about this cartoon the other day actually ❤
    2 I am also a Heathens fan ❤
    3 Im pretty jealous of your number 3
    4 Genealogy, I have always had a curiosity but have never gotten into it.
    5 History is my favorite!
    6 I love Mahjong ❤
    7 You made that!? Wow that looks amazing ❤
    8 *makes a mental note to read James' novel*
    9 bahahaha your number 9 speaks to my soul. You would not believe how much time I waste writing lists and making schedules in order to manage the time I am wasting! It's a vicious cycle.
    10 Well … now Im hungry!
    11 "I need to go to the gym" is a statement I make almost daily and it never ends with me at the gym. Oops.

Great post James!

June 13, 2017 at 10:25 AM

Thank you! So many responses 🙂 We are very similar. Love to make desserts. The problem is that there’s only 2 of us here, so then who is gonna eat them? Vicious cycle indeed… eat dessert. gym. eat dessert. gym… oh! And if you love history, you should give ancestry.com a chance to check some of your family history. and thank you for reading the sample chapters on my novel. I’m always looking for feedback, especially as I’m starting another one this summer.

June 13, 2017 at 10:01 AM

Haha. Ok ok. Going shortly. Lol. Yes!!!

Norin said:
    June 13, 2017 at 10:06 AM

Oh. My. Gosh. This totally came as a surprise… but thanks so much for tagging me! Some of the questions are tough to answer, but I’ll definitely do this tag very soon! Thanks again! 😀

Naty said:
    June 13, 2017 at 10:07 AM

I love Heathens!! Here it’s 17h10 and I have moved from the couch all the way to the armchair. (Sigh) Thank you for tagging me!

June 13, 2017 at 10:28 AM

at least you moved! 😛 have fun with the tag. it was kinda amusing for me to see my own answers. LOL

June 13, 2017 at 10:14 AM

Hahaha! I’m gonna need a chocolate tort mailed to me or driven to me whichever you prefer 😛 This might be a smartass answer but you have 3 hours so 1 hour read, 1 hour blog, one hour write :P. I see sushi on that list of favorites! Yum! My post is coming!

June 13, 2017 at 10:29 AM

True on the 3 hours… but once I pick one, I get caught up on it. Then I worry about what I should be doing. LOL

Check on the tort. It’ll have to be mailed, as I don’t have a car. And based on your experience with renting a car, I’ll skip that! 🙂

June 13, 2017 at 10:34 AM

Hahahah. Well that just means I have to use one of my two cars to come visit 😀

June 13, 2017 at 10:36 AM

wait, did you pick your new one?

June 13, 2017 at 10:40 AM

Nope. Haven’t found a good replacement quite yet.

cwhiteweb said:
    June 13, 2017 at 11:50 AM

Wait, WHAT?! You’ve never had writer’s block?? :-O

June 13, 2017 at 11:51 AM

No. I have too much in my head. Too many ideas. It never stops. It’s like characters and words are trying to claw their way out.

cwhiteweb said:
        June 13, 2017 at 11:54 AM

Impressive!

June 13, 2017 at 12:04 PM

Doesn’t mean it’s good tho!

cwhiteweb said:
        June 13, 2017 at 12:12 PM

Haha relativity dude, relativity! I mean, I seldom think what I write is good, but some people like it. SO you’ll never know unless you show us 🙂

meltingpotsandothercalamities said:
    June 13, 2017 at 11:53 AM

You’ve never had writer’s block? Man, I am so jealous. I am perpetually struck with writer’s block, it’s not even funny at this point.
    And dang, that chocolate raspberry tart looks like heaven!

meltingpotsandothercalamities said:
      June 13, 2017 at 11:54 AM

*Tort

June 13, 2017 at 12:03 PM

It was good! A tiny bit too much sea salt on top but otherwise nice and rich.

As for WB, the writing part comes easy to me. It’s the editing part I don’t enjoy that much.

I am almost done with your tag. It is so hard!!!! 2 more left on it.

meltingpotsandothercalamities said:
        June 13, 2017 at 1:06 PM

Ah, I can see that! It still looked amazing!

I wish that was my problem. My writer’s block mainly stems from lack of motivation to actually write 😂.
        And cool! Sorry it’s so hard, but I look forward to seeing it!

June 13, 2017 at 6:08 PM

No worries… I like the challenge. Will post tomorrow. Thx again.

June 13, 2017 at 6:09 PM

haha, motivation! 🙂

LIEBSTER Award! – Didi Oviatt said:
    June 13, 2017 at 3:17 PM

[…] James J. Cudney IV […]

Anything But Books Tag – Diary of a Bookfiend said:
    June 13, 2017 at 4:01 PM

[…] surprise again – I was tagged by James @this-is-my-truth-now for this Anything But Books Tag! We started chatting on our WordPress blogs a couple of weeks ago […]

Kristin @ Kristin Kraves Books said:
    June 13, 2017 at 4:53 PM

Yes The Jetsons! Great answer!

That tort looks amazing. I’m very impressed!