AWARD: The Entertainer Blogger

Many thanks to Kate @ MeltingPotsandOtherCalamities for tagging and nominating me for the Entertainer Blogger Award. I’ve never seen this one before, but her site is amazing, so I definitely understand why she was nominated. Go see for yourself now!

Many thanks to Roda @ GrowingSelf for tagging and nominating me for the Entertainer Blogger Award. She has the best pictures, advice and stories. You must check out her site to see her life on the farm and in the house they’ve been renovating.

The Rules:

• Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
  • Add these rules to your post.
  • Answer all the questions below.
  • Display the award picture in your post.
  • Nominate 12 other bloggers who are funny, inspiring and most important of all ENTERTAINING!

WHY DID YOU START A BLOG IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Boredom. To connect with other people. To begin to meet people who might provide input on the novels I’ve been writing. To learn about more cultures. To see different styles in writing and opinions on books I’ve read. That enough?  🙂

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?

I’m often asked this question, and I have a few in rotation. So I’m picking a new one for people to take a look at:  Ken Follett’s “Night Over Water.” It takes places about 60 years ago when planes weren’t all that popular, but the thriller and mystery aspects associated with the traveling is amazing. The characters and multiple stories intersect at such wonderful places. It has romance, intrigue, history and humor. A great read.

night

WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE THE MOST?

People who treat others with disdain, anger or indifference. Words and actions hurt. Rather than continue the cycle, step away and let it go. Be the bigger person and don’t add another link to the chain. Throw out a hand to try to make things better and find common ground. Just be nice. Costs nothing. And if you don’t want to be positive, then walk away rather than do something negative to another living person or creature.

Sounds of me getting down off my soap box.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD AT THE MALL?

I like cinnamon buns and the chinese restaurants. So bad for you, but it just says “mall” to me. I have to eat when I’m done shopping otherwise the clothes end up too big from eating so much beforehand. Ugh!

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PAST TIME?

Reading. TV. Writing. Genealogy. Cooking. Gardening. In that order.

entertainer

I Nominate:

1. https://readrantrockandroll.com/2017/06/14/wednesdays-breakfast-and-a-book-7/
  2. https://nzfnmblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/15/to-review-or-not/
  3. https://runningtozen.org/2017/06/15/join-my-team/
  4. https://femiiesther.wordpress.com/2017/06/14/i-want-to-ask-2/
  5. https://mistysbookspace.wordpress.com/2017/06/15/tor-com-thursday-short-story-review-shape-without-form-shade-without-color-by-sunny-moraine/
  6. https://teaandtales1.wordpress.com/2017/06/15/the-blue-sky-award/
  7. https://brizzlelassbooks.com/2017/06/15/review-moxie-by-c-m-stunich-cmstunich/
  8. http://inspirationpie.com/?p=524
  9. https://stephsfictionandfamilylove.wordpress.com/2017/06/15/throwback-thursday-book-pick-the-glass-castle-by-jeanette-walls/
  10. https://abookwithoutend.wordpress.com/2017/06/14/anything-but-books-tag/
  11. https://bookfiendsite.wordpress.com/2017/06/16/paiges-turn-by-jennifer-peel/
  12. https://theotakujudge.com/2017/06/15/review-of-wonder-woman/

*I tried to pick people I haven’t tagged before (or that much) to start spreading more news about great blogs to check out. But I would tag everyone if I could!

About Me

I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com/2017/05/20/award-awesome-blogger/ you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare! Each month, I will post a summary of a trip I’ve taken somewhere in the world. I’ll cover the transportation, hotel, restaurants, activities, who, what, when, where and why… and let you decide for yourself if it’s a trip worth taking.

Feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Tell me what you think.

45 thoughts on “AWARD: The Entertainer Blogger

Jo-Ann said:
    June 15, 2017 at 4:21 PM

Congrats! Your blog is definitely entertaining! And you tagged me! Yay! Thank you! 😀

June 15, 2017 at 4:33 PM

Thank you so much for the tag James!! You know what I’m gonna say next!! 😂

June 15, 2017 at 4:39 PM

You’ll get to it some day!? LOL

June 15, 2017 at 4:40 PM

Exactly!! LOL! I promise I am working on my tags. I’m trying to do at least 2 tags a week until I get caught up. I currently only have 19 to go.

June 15, 2017 at 4:41 PM

Oh my! That’s a lot. I won’t tag you again for awhile! Lol.

June 15, 2017 at 4:42 PM

it’s not to bad really. Some of them are pretty quick to get done so it want be to bad.

June 15, 2017 at 4:45 PM

Ok. Good. Can’t wait to see them. Although now I sense you’ll continue this cycle! Hahaha

June 15, 2017 at 4:46 PM

I sure hope not lol!! When I get caught up I’m going to try to stay on top of them when I get tagged.

June 15, 2017 at 4:59 PM

Oh no! I meant continue it as you tag me then I tag you and we go back and forth. Lol. Not that you wouldn’t do them. Sorry to confuse!

June 15, 2017 at 5:01 PM

Oh no it’s fine no big deal!!

June 15, 2017 at 4:34 PM

You deserve it, James! Thanks for the tag as well! ♡

Esther said:
    June 15, 2017 at 4:36 PM

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

I was nominated! Thank you so much James!!!

Never seen this award before too.

Norin said:
    June 15, 2017 at 4:37 PM

Congratulations! You totally deserve this award but… my gosh, thank you so much for tagging me! Appreciate it!

Patricia said:
    June 15, 2017 at 4:39 PM

Congratulations! I’m a genealogy person also 😊

abookwithoutend said:
    June 15, 2017 at 5:00 PM

Hahhah thank you so much tagging me (I’ll make you proud), and congrats!👍

Lost Purple Quill said:
    June 15, 2017 at 6:39 PM

Cinnamon buns and Chinese food are definitely the #1 mall foods haha, I would have chosen the exact same things! So unhealthy but so quintessentially “mall” lol.

Kristin said:
    June 15, 2017 at 8:54 PM

Always enjoy getting to know more about you, Jay! I’m interested in geneology. I’ve wondered about 23andme and considered doing it. One day…if I have the money!

Sorry I’ve not been around much this week to catch up on your posts! It’s been a little crazy. Reading through now. Expect a bunch of likes 🙂

June 15, 2017 at 9:06 PM

I was worried about you but figured you may have a bunch of things going on. You do have a lot on your plate. Awww. Thanks. And yes. I did the ancestry test. Was a bit expensive but it is my only hobby besides books.

June 15, 2017 at 9:06 PM

Hope all is well.

Kristin said:
        June 15, 2017 at 9:08 PM

Ty. The littles had a genetics checkup today. Some good news and not so good news. But, I’m not letting it worry me. This kiddo is warrior. She’s gonna kick EDS’ butt.

June 15, 2017 at 9:10 PM

Excellent for your attitude. Hope there was some good news. Hopefully it outweighs the not so good news.

Kristin said:
        June 15, 2017 at 9:15 PM

For the bad—orthopedist insisted her gait issues were solely from her hip rotation but geneticist says that she has signs of a foot deformity. Metatarsus adductus. For now they want her to stay in her braces and we’ll revisit things next year unless things worsen.

The good news is that the geneticist is still optimistic that her heart problem will correct itself. We still have another 6 months before we have a repeat test though. She said her heart *sounds* good which makes her optimistic.

Sorry for hijacking! You’re just one of the bloggers I try to catch up on posts with! 🙂

June 15, 2017 at 9:21 PM

I appreciate it, but you never need to apologize for hijacking.

Awesome on the heart tests. That’s probably more important for now.

Hopefully braces contain the issue enough that it doesn’t worsen. Was she ok with it, or upset about it?

Kristin said:
        June 15, 2017 at 9:26 PM

She’s 4 and these visits are her norm. She just smiled and told the doctor “sure” she could look at them and “am I done?”

She doesn’t yet understand words like “deformity” nor does she really realize she’s different yet. She does tell the doctor proudly, “I’m here cause I’m a zebra!” She understands zebra means something to do with her body—she’s just not sure yet. I don’t think she realizes most little girls don’t hurt the way she does. I’ll let her think it for as long as she can.

Now here’s just to praying that heart test is normal this time (we had two abnormal—the aorta dilation had worsened last time)

Still, she says the heart *sounds* normal so I’m just praying and hoping that means when we go back that it’ll have corrected itself.

June 15, 2017 at 9:30 PM

Aw, you are so amazing in the way you package this up for her. Wish all moms were like you. And speaking of moms, I will ask mine to say an extra prayer for the results and your daughter’s health. My mom spends lots of time at church, so she will be happy to.

Kristin said:
        June 15, 2017 at 9:42 PM

Thank you! I appreciate it! 🙂

June 16, 2017 at 3:09 AM

Another great​ tag! And thank you for the tag aswell I will add it to my list of must do!

[…] was awarded The Entertainer Blogger Award by both Kate @ MeltingPotsandOtherCalamities and Jay@ThisIsMyTruthNow…thank you both so much for thinking of me 🙂 Both have highly entertaining blogs, so please […]

[…] thanks to Jay at thisismytruthnow  for tagging and nominating me for the Entertainer Blogger Award. Jay and I have been blogging […]

AWARD: The Entertainer Blogger – Running to Zen said:
    June 18, 2017 at 12:47 PM

[…] thanks to James @ this-is-my-truth-now for tagging and nominating me for the Entertainer Blogger Award. I’ve actually never seen this […]

Susan said:
    June 18, 2017 at 12:47 PM
    OceanViewsandBookReviews! said:
    June 18, 2017 at 1:43 PM

What a fantastic award! I truly enjoy seeing your blog entries and am glad we have “met” here! ~ Janet

[…] Award by Jo at Inspiration Pie!   Thanks again, Jo!  Kate @ MeltingPotsandOtherCalamities and Jay@ThisIsMyTruthNow  awarded me The Entertainer Blogger Award! Thank you so much you two 🙂 Jay actually awarded me […]