TAG: Ruler of the Books

I want to thank PoojaG at Lifesfinewhine for nominating me for this cool tag. Please check out the site, as how often can you say you’re chatting with someone in Kenya?

ruler

WHAT BOOK WOULD YOU MAKE EVERYONE READ?

philop

The Philosopher’s Apprentice by James Morrow — at least the first section (about a third of the book). It has so much to say about life, it really changed the way I thought about things… and it’s fiction. I love the rest of the book, too, but the first third is amazing.

WHAT WOULD YOU ABOLISH IN BOOK CONSTRUCTION?

None. I believe in free speech and do not agree with banning or destroying books. I might give something a really bad recommendation, but it is still someone’s opinion or thoughts. For example, anything Hitler used to guide his beliefs is not something I would want anyone to read unless they were learning more about the horrific behavior he exhibited. But if someone read it to learn how to be a racist, then there is a problem.

WHAT AUTHOR WOULD YOU COMMISSION TO WRITE YOU ANY BOOK?

Kate Morton. I think she can tell my life story in a wonderful way. Possibly Ken Follett, but he uses a lot of words sometimes!

WHAT BOOK WOULD YOU DEMOTE TO THE LIBRARY BASEMENT TO MAKE ROOM FOR NEW BOOK?

The White Bone by Barbara Gowdy. Stay away!

bone.jpg

WHAT COVER ARTIST WOULD YOU COMMISSION TO MAKE A MURAL?

To be honest, I am not familiar with this side of publishing, so I couldn’t be sure unless I did some research. I tend to like the covers of Follett’s books.

WHAT CHARACTER’S FACE WOULD YOU PUT ON A COIN?

Harry Potter. We’d all smile just a little bit more, wouldn’t we?

WHAT BOOK WOULD YOU AWARD THE “RULER OF BOOKS” 2016 PRIZE TO?

Of the books I read, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child seemed to be the most sought after before it was published

child.jpg

Of the books I read, The Nest got the most votes.

nest

I disagree with both, but I can’t find another one more popular published in 2016 that I read in 2016.

My Nominees Are:

About Me

I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com, you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare! Each month, I will post a summary of a trip I’ve taken somewhere in the world. I’ll cover the transportation, hotel, restaurants, activities, who, what, when, where and why… and let you decide for yourself if it’s a trip worth taking. Feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Tell me what you think.

32 thoughts on “TAG: Ruler of the Books

frankielovely said:
    June 15, 2017 at 11:50 AM

I love your answer number 2 ❤

Thanks for the tag James! 🙂

swordsandspectres said:
    June 15, 2017 at 12:03 PM

Thanks, Jay. I assume I answer the same questions?

PoojaG said:
    June 15, 2017 at 1:09 PM

Yay I’m so glad you did the post! Awesome answers! I actually forgot that Harry Potter and The Cursed Child was in 2016!

biblionyan said:
    June 15, 2017 at 6:43 PM

This looks like a fun tag! 😀 Thanks for tagging me. I’ll have it up within the week. 🙂

shalini said:
    June 16, 2017 at 3:45 AM

I would never be able to do this book tag… I am not so well read or deep…. Sighhhh discovering me, discovering you…

June 16, 2017 at 6:55 AM

You are amusing this morning. It was an easy one. Just took time to research. Lol.

shalini said:
        June 16, 2017 at 7:15 AM

jay I have a question for u can u tell me how to get all the tags done where do I find it and how do I finish those tags . I have a laptop with me but I am totally lost …

June 16, 2017 at 7:32 AM

Hmmm… do you mean everything you’ve been tagged to do? Or just any tags? If you mean everything you’ve been tagged, if the person did it the right way, you should have a notification on the alarm bell in the upper right hand corner. Go to the third menu tab called “Comments” and look for the link symbol as it usually says you’ve been linked to their post.

June 16, 2017 at 7:32 AM

But if you mean all tags… hmmm in read there is a search for tags. if someone tagged their post with the name of the tag, you can find it. I usually open the page and copy the post into a new post for me to do and save it as draft, then when i have time, i go to my drafts and work on it.

shalini said:
    June 16, 2017 at 9:37 AM

ok thank you will try to do …will ping you if I have more questions

shalini said:
    June 16, 2017 at 11:22 AM

jay I am supposed to nominate 10 other people to the tag how do I go to their posts and link them to this award