AWARD: Sunshine Blogger #3

I would like to thank my friend Phil @ WhatShouldIDoWithMyLife for nominating me for the ‘The Sunshine Blogger Award’. I was nominated for the award previously, but he has a whole new set of questions, which I felt compelled to answer. Please stop by his blog to see all the great content, advice and open thoughts. He and I have a similar theme, as we both blog about what we want to do with our lives… reading his helps keep me focused!

sunshine-blog-award

Rules:

1.) Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2.) Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.

Questions for nominees:

1. Tell me about the most interesting person you’ve ever met.

• This is a tough question for me. I find something interesting in everyone I meet, and I tend not to get awestruck by anyone. I find people amazing, talented and remarkable, but I’m not certain I know who has been the most interesting. I’ll keep thinking about it and come back to re-post a comment when I figure out who it is.

2. If you could take a week and travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

• I’d go back to the English countryside in the Cotswolds. No devices. No specific plans. Just enjoy the scenery, the food and the drink.

3. What is the one truly defining moment of your life so far?

• I think finally writing a full novel, something I’ve said I always wanted to do. And I accomplished it.

4. What is the most spontaneous thing you’ve done lately?

• Oy! I’m not very spontaneous, so lately… maybe several months ago when I said “I need a blog.” And then I spent days creating it.

5. Who has influenced you the most?

• Probably my mom. I’ve spent the most time with her and I see so much of her in me. Lots of differences, but the basics are all the same.

6. What is the one thing you most want to do?

• Publish my novel. Have a child. Live outside the USA. Too many to choose!

7. What is your best inherited quality?

• Kindness. I can’t understand why people aren’t just naturally kind.

8. Name your favorite thinker.

• Socrates. He gave us so much to consider.

9. Who is your favorite historical figure?

• As a child, I adored JFK. As an adult, George Washington.

10. Have you been to any good musical performances lately?

• I saw War Paint on Broadway last weekend. It was very good! I don’t generally go to music concerts, so hopefully this counts.

11. What type of vacation do you prefer? Are you a relaxer or an explorer?

• 75% relaxer, 25 explorer. I like my downtime!

My Nominees:

1. https://meltotheany.wordpress.com/2017/06/16/the-dragons-of-nova-loom-saga-2-by-elise-kova/
  2. https://talesofbelle.com/2017/06/14/becca-review/
  3. https://lostartofreadingblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/13/reading-types/
  4. https://lifeofastayathomemomcom.wordpress.com/2017/06/19/an-open-letter-to-my-younger-self/
  5. https://carlalovestoread.wordpress.com/2017/03/17/hedys-journey-the-true-story-of-a-hungarian-girl-fleeing-the-holocaust/
  6. https://withinseoul.wordpress.com/2016/07/29/playing-on-the-rooftops/
  7. https://growingself.blog/2017/06/19/rise-and-shine-breakfast-cookies/
  8. https://carrierubin.com/2017/06/19/eating-bull-body-shaming-big-food-and-writing-an-interview-with-bertholdgambrel/
  9. http://inspirationpie.com/?p=561
  10. https://booksteacupnreviews.wordpress.com/2017/06/19/the-unpopular-opinions-tag/
  11. https://edgeofhumanity.com/2017/06/19/family-9/

Special Nomination:  https://susanlovesbooks.wordpress.com/2017/06/19/goodreads-monday-15/

Note: If you haven’t been tagged, but want to participate, you should! If you have been and don’t want to participate, you don’t have to. If you’ve already been nominated for this award, congratulations — but these are different questions… so you might want to do them again. 🙂

Questions for nominees:

1. What hour are you most alert during the day or night?
  2. Who was the last famous person you stalked?
  3. What courses were your worst and best in school?
  4. If you could let someone else takeover your blog for 1 day, who would it be? (can be a celebrity or even someone who doesn’t blog currently)
  5. What country has the happiest people?
  6. What lesson took you the most to learn?
  7. Where do you go for peace and quiet?
  8. What person who died before 1900 would you try to bring back to live today?
  9. Where do you see yourself retiring?
  10. What cartoon character are you most like?
  11. What personality trait are you currently trying to change or improve?

About Phil:

To learn more about Phil in case you’re deciding whether to go check out his blog, see his own questions and answers below:

• A quote or any saying that you love and follow.

Be the change you wanna see in the world.

• If you get chance : either to go in future and know what’s there for you or to go back in past and change something Which one would you choose & Why?

I would choose to go in future. I would like to change what comes next, and not the things which have already happen.

• A superpower that you think everyone should have.

The superpower to understand the other person’s lies.

• Mountains or Beaches?

Mountains at winter and beaches at summer.

• Is there anything that can/might make you stop blogging?

Only if I ‘ll my motivation and that’s really difficult

• If you get a chance to watch any war that happened in the past live Which war would you choose n Why?

The war of  Thermopylae, where 300 men fought against thousands of Persians.

• Share any adventurous or risky thing that you ever did.

I jumped from a fifteen meter cliff straight to the water.

• What gives you goosebumps every-time?

To hear stories about WW2.

• A gift that you would love to receive anytime.

An album full of photos, memories and letters from friends or family.

• Your favorite topics to have a conversation on.

Movies, music, gymnastic and of course books.

• One thing that you want to eliminate from your life completely.

Bad thoughts, bad people and bad relationships.

About Me

I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com, you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare!

36 thoughts on “AWARD: Sunshine Blogger #3

susandyer1962 said:
    June 19, 2017 at 11:20 AM

Congratulations Jay!!

June 19, 2017 at 11:30 AM

Thank You! Consider yourself tagged here too… I thought I added you but I accidentally didn’t. You should be on there tho. Fixing it now.

lifeofastayathomemom said:
    June 19, 2017 at 11:41 AM

Thank you so much James!!! I’m so glad your enjoying the blog. I’m very excited to respond to those great questions!! Stay tuned😁😁

Phil Soukoulis said:
    June 19, 2017 at 11:46 AM

Really loved it man!! I appreciate all the good words you said about me. I admire the fact that you finally wrote your novel. I have tried 3 times to write a novel, but unfortunately after a point I am losing my interest. Also, I just imagine the scenery of the suburban of England. Just amazing. I would love to be there right now.

June 19, 2017 at 11:53 AM

You are welcome and deserve it. Thank you. The novel takes time. One day it’ll just come you. 🙂

Books Teacup and Reviews said:
    June 19, 2017 at 11:59 AM

Thanks for tagging me. 🙂

Books Teacup and Reviews said:
    June 19, 2017 at 12:10 PM

I liked your answers. it’s always fun to read book tags. I’m 70% explorer. And all the best for the book you are writing. 🙂

PoojaG said:
    June 19, 2017 at 12:36 PM

Congratulations!! Really enjoyed your answers!

Jo-Ann said:
    June 19, 2017 at 1:20 PM

Congratulations Jay and thank you for the nomination! Whoo hooo! I enjoyed your answers 🙂

shalini said:
    June 19, 2017 at 1:27 PM

congratulations jay I couldn’t see your post from the phone so logged in to the laptop to see it ….I was wondering if you have blocked me,
    great answers …you are such a chilled out and intelligent dude

June 19, 2017 at 1:29 PM

Hey! Not that I know of. I had the same issue when trying to see yours last weekend. Had to look on the laptop. That is very odd! And thanks.

cwhiteweb said:
    June 19, 2017 at 2:45 PM

Congratulations 🎊
    I liked JFK as a kid too, for absolutely no reason though 😁

Norin said:
    June 19, 2017 at 2:52 PM

Congratulations and great answers! ‘Kindness’ is definitely the quality you have. It’s so sweet to think that you inherited that from your parents 🙂

meltotheany said:
    June 19, 2017 at 3:37 PM

Thank you for the tag, love. And congratulations! ❤️😘

therobinsnest2017 said:
    June 19, 2017 at 7:22 PM

Love your answers and questions (a great variety)

shruti502 said:
    June 19, 2017 at 10:00 PM

Many Congratulations.I enjoyed your responses.Have a great week ahead!

hsimone said:
    June 20, 2017 at 1:38 AM

Congratulations, James!! 🙂

Abhijit said:
    June 20, 2017 at 5:34 AM

Congratulations!😀

Books, Vertigo and Tea said:
    June 20, 2017 at 7:34 PM

I am always so excited when you do these. I love learning more about you 🙂 I was moved by your answer about kindness. I am always told I am “too kind or nice”. I cannot understand how that is even a thing?! We should all be kind always. It is that golden rule 😉

PS – Visiting the countryside in the Cotswolds is on my bucket list.

June 20, 2017 at 7:40 PM

Oh… you’re gonna make me cry! And you are sooooo sweet. Thank you. Kindness just feels so easy. Why anyone immediately goes negative stumps me. I understand issues and circumstances, but it’s never fair to take it out on someone else. We’re very similar that way! The Golden Rule is right! I so agree with you.

And you need to get there. I went once for 5 days. I just said at dinner tonight, “would you mind if I went away on my own for a week back to the Cotswolds? I need a break.” Let’s organize a meet up! 🙂

Books, Vertigo and Tea said:
        June 21, 2017 at 8:27 PM

Thank you so much! Now I am teary. I would love to go there! Sadly, flying is a very painful process for me right now. I am hoping that I will be a candidate for surgery soon. July will tell 😉 Wish me luck!

June 21, 2017 at 8:30 PM

Much luck!!! Let me know when it gets closer so we can wish you well on the surgery.

Books, Vertigo and Tea said: