I would like to thank my friend Phil @ WhatShouldIDoWithMyLife for nominating me for the ‘The Sunshine Blogger Award’. I was nominated for the award previously, but he has a whole new set of questions, which I felt compelled to answer. Please stop by his blog to see all the great content, advice and open thoughts. He and I have a similar theme, as we both blog about what we want to do with our lives… reading his helps keep me focused!
1.) Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2.) Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions for nominees:
1. Tell me about the most interesting person you’ve ever met.
- This is a tough question for me. I find something interesting in everyone I meet, and I tend not to get awestruck by anyone. I find people amazing, talented and remarkable, but I’m not certain I know who has been the most interesting. I’ll keep thinking about it and come back to re-post a comment when I figure out who it is.
2. If you could take a week and travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- I’d go back to the English countryside in the Cotswolds. No devices. No specific plans. Just enjoy the scenery, the food and the drink.
3. What is the one truly defining moment of your life so far?
- I think finally writing a full novel, something I’ve said I always wanted to do. And I accomplished it.
4. What is the most spontaneous thing you’ve done lately?
- Oy! I’m not very spontaneous, so lately… maybe several months ago when I said “I need a blog.” And then I spent days creating it.
5. Who has influenced you the most?
- Probably my mom. I’ve spent the most time with her and I see so much of her in me. Lots of differences, but the basics are all the same.
6. What is the one thing you most want to do?
- Publish my novel. Have a child. Live outside the USA. Too many to choose!
7. What is your best inherited quality?
- Kindness. I can’t understand why people aren’t just naturally kind.
8. Name your favorite thinker.
- Socrates. He gave us so much to consider.
9. Who is your favorite historical figure?
- As a child, I adored JFK. As an adult, George Washington.
10. Have you been to any good musical performances lately?
- I saw War Paint on Broadway last weekend. It was very good! I don’t generally go to music concerts, so hopefully this counts.
11. What type of vacation do you prefer? Are you a relaxer or an explorer?
- 75% relaxer, 25 explorer. I like my downtime!
Special Nomination: https://susanlovesbooks.wordpress.com/2017/06/19/goodreads-monday-15/
Note: If you haven’t been tagged, but want to participate, you should! If you have been and don’t want to participate, you don’t have to. If you’ve already been nominated for this award, congratulations — but these are different questions… so you might want to do them again. 🙂
Questions for nominees:
- What hour are you most alert during the day or night?
- Who was the last famous person you stalked?
- What courses were your worst and best in school?
- If you could let someone else takeover your blog for 1 day, who would it be? (can be a celebrity or even someone who doesn’t blog currently)
- What country has the happiest people?
- What lesson took you the most to learn?
- Where do you go for peace and quiet?
- What person who died before 1900 would you try to bring back to live today?
- Where do you see yourself retiring?
- What cartoon character are you most like?
- What personality trait are you currently trying to change or improve?
To learn more about Phil in case you’re deciding whether to go check out his blog, see his own questions and answers below:
- A quote or any saying that you love and follow.
Be the change you wanna see in the world.
- If you get chance : either to go in future and know what’s there for you or to go back in past and change something Which one would you choose & Why?
I would choose to go in future. I would like to change what comes next, and not the things which have already happen.
- A superpower that you think everyone should have.
The superpower to understand the other person’s lies.
- Mountains or Beaches?
Mountains at winter and beaches at summer.
- Is there anything that can/might make you stop blogging?
Only if I ‘ll my motivation and that’s really difficult
- If you get a chance to watch any war that happened in the past live Which war would you choose n Why?
The war of Thermopylae, where 300 men fought against thousands of Persians.
- Share any adventurous or risky thing that you ever did.
I jumped from a fifteen meter cliff straight to the water.
- What gives you goosebumps every-time?
To hear stories about WW2.
- A gift that you would love to receive anytime.
An album full of photos, memories and letters from friends or family.
- Your favorite topics to have a conversation on.
Movies, music, gymnastic and of course books.
- One thing that you want to eliminate from your life completely.
Bad thoughts, bad people and bad relationships.
I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com, you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare!