365 Challenge: Day 105 – Orange (Color)

Orange: (a) of a color intermediate between red and yellow; a fruit

falls2.jpg

Sunday posts, the end of each week, have become a theme on This-Is-My-Truth-Now, organized by groups of five (5). In the first set of five, we explored my primary ethnicity groups and nationalities. In the second set of five, we had the AtoZ Challenges for various favorite things in our lives. And so… I’m continuing the trend of the seventh day, ending the week on Sunday, as a list (we know I love them) that provides more in depth knowledge about me. Only this time, I’m going with colors that are important to who we are. And this is the fifth and final Sunday where I select a color that has some significance to my life and explore it in my post.

color

Color: Orange. One of the colors on the PRIDE flag, the rainbow and the famous wheel of colors with ROY G BIV. Ah, the memories of childhood. Orange has been a color in my life for a very long time. When I was a youngster who watched all the NY Mets games, as their team colors were blue and orange, to the NY Knicks where I worked, also the same blue and orange colors. It’s fitting that I’ve included orange as an accent color all about my home, from the pillows in the bedroom and living room, to the wallpaper in the dining room and the flower pots on the terrace. It brightens your mood, lifts your spirits and makes you feel warm and connected. It’s also a beautiful color when baked into desserts and other wonderful foods and drinks like the ones below. I drink a tall glass of OJ as soon as I’m done working out at the gym, as it gives me a quick boost of energy and cools me down./

food.jpgOJ.jpg

Let’s chat about famous examples of the color orange… And yes, there are probably more, but these are the ones that come to mind or I have familiarity with:

• Oranges
  • Orangutan
  • Fire
  • Garfield
  • Carrots
  • Fall Leaves
  • Monarch Butterfly
  • Setting sun
  • Pumpkins
  • Citrus fruits
  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Tigers
  • Tang

From a quick InterWebs search, descriptions of the color orange, in regard to a person’s thoughts and feelings, confirm the following:

“Orange is stimulating, vibrant, and flamboyant. While made up of red and yellow, it carries less aggression and fierceness than the color red due to its combination with the calming color yellow. Studies show that the orange color can create physical effects such as increased hunger, heightened sense of activity, increased socialization, boost in aspiration, stimulated mental activity, increased oxygen supply to the brain, increased contentment, and enhanced assurance. Orange also helps aid decision making, and enhances happiness, confidence, and understanding.”

You can read more at: http://www.bourncreative.com/meaning-of-the-color-orange/

pumpkin.jpg

But my favorite aspect of the color orange is that is represents the autumn or fall season, which is when I am most happy. As the awful humid weather of summer thankfully leaves us behind, an amazing cool breeze full of fantastic smells and vibrant colorful changes arrives. Once October hits, I am in my element. I love the weather, the leaves, the hikes, the farm stands, the colors of pumpkins and gourds. The ways the changes occur in the landscape, falling leaves that produce a crisp snap when you crunch them or pick them up. And it brings in the wonderful Halloween holiday, which is all about the fall season. Trick Or Treaters. Jack O’Lanterns. Frights and Scares. Horror Movies. Then into Thanksgiving… Turkey. Cranberry Sauce. Pies. Apple Picking. Cider. Hayrides. Haunted Houses. It’s the best time of year for me!

fall.jpg

And lastly, my dog, Ryder has orange fur… thought he’s called red or red sesame, he looks orange to me… especially when he’s sleeping on a red carpet.

IMG_0519.JPG

How do you feel about the color orange? Did I miss any famous “orange” things or phrases and names with the word “orange” in them. I know I did… but I can’t seem to remember right now.

Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.

39 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 105 – Orange (Color)

susandyer1962 said:
    June 25, 2017 at 10:30 AM

Oh awesome post! I love orange!! I can’t wait to see the leaves change to orange and red and yellow in the fall!! Keep your fingers crossed for me please!!

caterpillars2butterfliesblog said:
    June 25, 2017 at 10:59 AM

Hmm….orange is definitely a color that sparks the thoughts of movement, and increased activity to me. When I see of grouping of the more vibrant shades of orange, I almost instantly thought of fire. But not from the deadly, devastating viewpoint of fire. I see it for the warming qualities… A cool, crisp fall night in the country with a big bonfire to warm the night as friends gather for fun and laughter. Orange Also leads my mind to the rainbow… The equality of the PRIDE rainbow… To the safety of a rain ow in the sky. Now, may the bright, orange sun warn warm everyone today¡! And may the creative words continue to flow from you minds to the paper / screens!

June 25, 2017 at 11:13 AM

James! you were half asleep writing this because you forgot of Orange is the New Black and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt with her flaming orange hair! Orange definitely is automatic rainbow thoughts but I also love Fall. I hate raking leaves for months but the colors, the pumpkins. The weather is always hit or miss though. Last Halloween was cold and we didn’t get any trick or treaters. Hopefully this year it’ll be warmer!

June 25, 2017 at 12:52 PM

I totally forgot those. I rushed thru the post today as I’m doing outside work the terrace. Taking a dead tree down. Cleaning out the dogs area. And sweating in the hot orange sun! Thanks for mentioning them!

June 25, 2017 at 12:54 PM

Oh fun! Stay hydrated out there!!

June 25, 2017 at 12:55 PM

Ha. A bottle of wine perhaps?

June 25, 2017 at 12:56 PM

Perhaps, haha. There’s water in there somewhere ;P

June 25, 2017 at 12:58 PM

I’ll spray myself down with the hose. That should count. I’m standing on the 12th floor of a NYC apartment terrace covered in dirt and tree branches. Shirtless so I maybe get a little sun color. Surrounded by tall residential buildings. And spraying myself with a hose while drinking wine. Seems like something wrong with that picture. Ha!

June 25, 2017 at 1:07 PM

Or its the right show for your neighbors! HEEEEEEEY! 😛

June 25, 2017 at 11:26 AM

I love the color orange! It feels like Fall right now! I am picking berries in a puffy vest!!!😬👩‍🌾

June 25, 2017 at 12:52 PM

Aww. Sounds so fun.

June 25, 2017 at 12:53 PM

Come on over!

June 25, 2017 at 12:55 PM

Sure. Might take a while. And I’m covered in mud. Ripping out a dead tree on tree on the terrace and scrubbing the cement with soapy water.

June 25, 2017 at 1:14 PM

Now that sounds like fun!!! Love mud! Enjoy your garden day!

Friends For Days Tag – Poetic Bliss said:
    June 25, 2017 at 1:07 PM

[…] This is my Truth Now […]

cwhiteweb said:
    June 25, 2017 at 1:14 PM

I promise you I had something intelligent to say until I saw a picture of Ryder. He is sooooooo cute!! How old is he? I want a Ryder too!! 😍😍😍

June 25, 2017 at 1:34 PM

He’s almost ten at this point. He is adorable. Thank you!

cwhiteweb said:
        June 25, 2017 at 1:36 PM

Aaw, his almost a teen and doesn’t look it 🙂

June 25, 2017 at 1:40 PM

Nope, he still looks about half his age. I’d like to say he gets it from me. But that just sounds weird. Lol

cwhiteweb said:
        June 25, 2017 at 1:44 PM

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
        Not to mention hilarious!!

Norin said:
    June 25, 2017 at 3:31 PM

Oh, my gosh. Ryder is soooooo cute!!! Seriously, I could pet him all day (if he allows me, that is) 🙂 As for the color orange, is that why you feature orange in your blog design? Like, a hover color??

June 25, 2017 at 4:32 PM

Yes! I love the contrast with black, grey and brown! Ryder loves pets but in smaller intervals.

I just have him a bath and as I’m cleaning up, he ran outside and rolled around in the mud. Oy!

Norin said:
        June 25, 2017 at 4:34 PM

Dogs… lol

June 25, 2017 at 4:35 PM

He is very loving but also temperamental. He hates the water. So then I get in the shower after cleaning up mud and bushes all afternoon. He sits outside the tub like he wants to get back in. Crazy.

Norin said:
        June 25, 2017 at 4:39 PM

But he does hate the water. Hard to read a dog, I guess lol

BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD said:
    June 25, 2017 at 6:41 PM

[…]  James from This is my Truth Now […]

June 25, 2017 at 6:46 PM

Thank you! Just finishing up some outside work but will read this tonight and respond! 🙂

Kristin said:
    June 25, 2017 at 6:50 PM

I love fall and fall decorations but have to admit that I’m not crazy about the color orange otherwise. Accent colors, yes. not just by itself.

June 26, 2017 at 7:04 AM

By itself, it can be a little bit of a cartoon-like color. Would be a lot as the primary color in a room. But I’ve never seen one!

Kristin said:
        June 26, 2017 at 8:24 AM

I have! I know someone with annorange kitchen and it is just…too much 😂

I like it a on throw pillows or on blankets 🙂

Kristin said:
    June 26, 2017 at 8:26 AM

Oi my typos. I give up lol

Valerie @ Valerie's Musings said:
    June 26, 2017 at 2:22 PM

Our kitchen when I was growing up had a lot of orange in it and for a long time we had this wide (about a foot wide) orange stripe on the wall of our living room and hallway which led to a large orange arrow pointing at the bathroom (that was for my dad’s drunk/high friends before I was born. He got sober about a year and a half before I was born)! I used to play with the arrow, close the door to the bathroom & bedrooms and pretend it was an elevator. 🙂

When I think of orange I tend to think of fall first, day lilies second, and the Pride flag third. We have lots of day lilies in our flower beds and fall’s my favorite season. 🙂 I love it as an accent color, but not a main color. It’s an interesting color with lots of pretty shades to it. 🙂

June 26, 2017 at 3:25 PM

What an interesting story and memory. A lot going on there. Good memories for a kid! Lilies are great. Accent is the way to go. I agree. 🙂

Valerie @ Valerie's Musings said:
        June 26, 2017 at 3:30 PM

Well, we had the orange stripe until I was about 8 or 9. 8 I think, because I think it was the weekend the Tigers won the World Series in ’84 that my dad finally painted over it! The kitchen didn’t get re-done for another 3-4 years after that.

Jo-Ann said:
    June 27, 2017 at 9:09 AM

Awww…love the picture of your pup! Such a cutie 🙂

[…] salads and pulled pork sandwiches with a zesty BBQ sauce. I cooked it for about 6 hours in a giant orange Le Creuset pot on Monday evening, so we had little to do yesterday except have a few drinks, kick […]