Many thanks to Kristin @ ASimplyEnchantedLife for this award nomination. Kristin’s blog is beautifully designed and always has great book reviews. I enjoy chatting with her every day and learning more about her life and family. Please find a few minutes to check out her blog!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
HOW MY BLOG STARTED
It started out as an opportunity to create my own personal brand for my professional life in corporate technology, so I created a website (https://jamescudney4.com). But then I was a bit bored, so I created this blog and website to randomly post and connect with people. I began writing book reviews and wanted a place to house them all, so I began interfacing everything over from Goodreads. And then I wanted a website for my own book, so I created a third one. Eventually, ThisIsMyTruthNow became my central point for all friends, fans and followers. Now it’s home to book reviews, author spotlights, the 365 Daily Challenge, my creative fiction and several other fun things like tags, awards, age / genre recommendations for reading books and film reviews.
TWO PIECES OF ADVICE
- Write something every day, even if it’s short and just gives a few hints about a topic or about you. Don’t just put out a blog to have something, as quality is important; however, the only way to find your routine is to post every day, even if it’s a 2 minute read or a 20 minute read. You’ll find what works best for you and adapt the best style on a go-forward basis.
- Find the top 5 things you like about other blogs and incorporate them into your own blog. No, I’m not saying steal content or ideas… but figure out what makes that blog attractive to you, then determine how to morph it into something that represents you.
- For example… just throwing something out here, so I’m practicing what I preach. If you enjoy my 365 Daily Challenge, maybe you should give it a try. Perhaps daily isn’t ideal for you on these type of posts, so make it weekly. That’s only 52. And if it’s not things about yourself, maybe it’s all about cities you’ve visited, TV shows you love, writers you enjoy reading… but be consistent so your readers know what to expect and when to expect it.
The last 10 people who commented on my blog:
Note: If you aren’t interested, feel free to skip. No offense taken! 😛
About Me & the “365 Daily Challenge”
I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.
The goal: Knowledge. Acceptance. Understanding. Optimization. Happiness. Help. For myself. For others. And if all else fails, humor. When I’m finished in one year, I hope to have more answers about the future and what I will do with the remainder of my life. All aspects to be considered. It’s not just about a career, hobbies, residence, activities, efforts, et al. It’s meant to be a comprehensive study and reflection from an ordinary man. Not a doctor. Not a therapist. Not a friend. Not an encyclopedia full of prior research. Just pure thought, a blogged journal with true honesty.
Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.