TAG: Desert Island Discs Blog

Thank you so much Patty @ Moohnshinescorner for nominating me for the Desert Island Discs Blog Tag.  Patty has awesome adventures… it’s her birthday week… and we have lots of books and thoughts in common. So if you like my blog, you’ll love hers!

desert-island def

Line

The Rules:

• Link back to BookBum’s original post, so she can see all your answers! (Remember to do this via pingback, she won’t get a notification if not!)
  • Thank the person who tagged you… show some love!
  • Come up with your answers
  • Then tag others to keep the tag going!

Line

The Premise:

You are cast away onto a remote desert island:

• You can bring 5 albums – what are they?
  • You can bring one book – which is it? You are provided with a Bible/ other religious text if you want it, as well as the Complete Works of Shakespeare. No series!
  • You can have one luxury item (it has to be inanimate and can’t help you escape the island) – what is it?

Line

Image result for desert isles

My Answers:

The Albums:

I am the single worst person to ask this question as I don’t buy music or albums. I am a radio guy and always find a station I love. I do download some songs on Spotify, but I like different artists and genres, so I’m just gonna pick 5 artists and we’ll assume it will be a compilation of their best songs. And to be fair, I’ll explain why.

• Phantom of the Opera
    • We all need a little drama and excitement. I love this entire score and see its dark side, its beauty and its ability to make me laugh and cry. I’d need both those things on a desert island.

phantom.jpg

• Adele
    • I’ve come to love and adore her music over the years. It’s haunting. It stays with you. The lyrics are beautiful. I can get lost in the message and forget that I’m stuck on an island.

dele.jpg

• Madonna
    • OK, so I grew up in the late 80s and early 90s when she was in her heyday. I can dance all night to her without ever getting bored or tired. It’s pretty, it’s mysterious, it’s dark, it’s deep, it’s funky and it’s disco. It would have just about everything to keep my mind occupied when I can no longer deal with the heat on this insanity of an island… and whoever dropped me there will pay!

madonna.jpg

• Maroon 5
    • OK, primarily because of Adam Levine. Between the tattoos, his attitude and his appearance, I’d survive this torture just thinking about, looking at or listening to him. Oddly enough, his brother and I seem to have more in common, so maybe Adam will be my brother-in-law one day. {Sorry, Winston!} But the music is just as good. I love the beats and the range. Some of their songs just stick in my mind all day. I could listen to it while building myself some sort of hut to live in.

maroon 5.jpg

• ABBA
    • So… don’t judge me… but I always wanted to be a child of the 60s and 70s. Whenever ABBA comes on, my body starts dancing without my mind’s permission. If I had to get stuck on this stupid island where it’s hot and sunny, which I am not fond of, then I need something that just takes over my entire being so I can forget where I am. ABBA would do that. I could just go to town on my own dancing from one side of the island to the other until some plane saw me and realized another fan needed rescue from the 60s.

abba.jpg

The Book:

Well, not only do you put me on this island… you tell me only one book? Well fine… then I’d take a blank book… so I could write my own stories and any quotes or lines I remember from my favorite books. I can have them all… assuming I can find a writing utensil. But you see… I’m smart… so I’ll find a henna plant and make some ink to use. Thought you had me there, huh?

henna

The Luxury Item:

Toothpaste. I thought about soap, but perhaps the water would clean me enough, or some flower cream I create. But I’d want to have fresh breath for my rescuer.

toothpaste.jpg

Line

I tag…

The last 6 people I chatted with today:

Have fun with it! Skip it if you are not interested. If you were not tagged, but want to play along, please do it! Love to see everyone’s answers… 😛

Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.

32 thoughts on “TAG: Desert Island Discs Blog

June 27, 2017 at 2:20 PM

Based on your music selections, we could survive together on an island! ABBA!!!!!

June 27, 2017 at 2:21 PM

Excellent! We already had a bunch in common, so this would just make it all the more fun.

June 27, 2017 at 2:22 PM

I know all of those albums inside and out…I would have to be allowed to sing along!!!

June 27, 2017 at 2:22 PM

We could put on a show, but there’d be no audience… so you’d have to sing and dance first, and I’ll applaud. Then we’ll swap.

June 27, 2017 at 2:25 PM

The Island animals would come to our show! And the natives, like on Gilligan’s Island! 🌴

June 27, 2017 at 2:27 PM

that’s why I’d want to be stuck with you if I had to be stuck. you’ve got all the answers! ingenious.

June 27, 2017 at 2:30 PM

From all the books you’ve read, you could build a trap and we could capture the animals for dinner after the show. We can’t talk to a volleyball forever you know! 😜

June 27, 2017 at 2:31 PM

hah! can you imagine? this might not be so bad after all.

June 27, 2017 at 2:53 PM

Wow, great music! I loved all your answers. Thanks for the tag too! I can’t wait. This one looks super fun and thought provoking. 😉 ❤

cwhiteweb said:
    June 27, 2017 at 2:57 PM

Fresh breath for your rescuer 😂 😂
    Good one!!
    Adele, yes!!

June 27, 2017 at 3:01 PM

Of course you would say that hahahaha

June 27, 2017 at 3:01 PM

I LOOOOVE Phantom of the Opera. We should have a sing off! You can be Gerald and I’ll be Emmy; unless you want to go with the older version. That album is my JAM!

Lana (Sleepless in wherever) said:
    June 27, 2017 at 3:33 PM

LOL, you and I and also Nel can switch ipods without ever realising it. And by the way, Adam is mine, so you can take the brother 😉

Patty said:
    June 27, 2017 at 3:37 PM

I love your answers!!!!!

Nicole said:
    June 27, 2017 at 5:03 PM

Sounds fun, and thanks for the tag! I’ll have to think about it, and will get a post up about it within the week.

Zuky the BookBum said:
    June 28, 2017 at 3:33 AM

Thanks for doing the tag James! Toothpaste is a great choice for your item, I swear everyone is so practical with their choices for that one… and I chose my teddy lol

June 28, 2017 at 6:14 AM

Haha! It might be if we have he book and music, we are good with the fun stuff. Lol. Great tag tho. Thanks. Nice one!

iamdes said:
    June 29, 2017 at 10:53 AM

High five for Maroon 5, James! I’ll definitely choose one of their albums, too. 😁

[…] Participated in 11 tags (click here) […]

[…] was tagged by the awesome Jay @ This Is My Truth Now to participate in the Desert Island Discs Blog Tag. Make sure you check Jay out because he post […]

Kristin said:
    July 9, 2017 at 9:02 AM

We love phantom so much that I have a video of Arie when she was a year old humming/dancing to and trying to sing to it 😀 I totally need to figure out how to upload that and tag you in it!