AWARD: Unique Blogger #2

Thank you so much to Angelica @ TheBookCoverGirls for nominating me for this award. Angelica shares a book blogging site a friend. Go check out their cool 2017 reading challenge!

blog.png

The Rules:

• Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
  • Answer the questions.
  • In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
  • Ask them 3 questions.

Questions Asked of Me

What is the book that has made you cry the most? The one that completely broke your heart and made you spill all your tears?

• The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I adore Leisel and the book that passes through so many hands. The topic is a tough one, and you already know the outcome: Nazi Germany and The Holocaust. But it’s handled so well and the characters will truly impact you.

If you could change places with a fictional character (from TV, book, movie etc.) would you? If so, which character and why? Keeping in mind that while you are in their world, they are in yours, living your life!

• I would not change places… there are a few people I’d like to be for different reasons, but everyone has love and hate, happiness and pain. I wouldn’t want to trade up or down, as you never know what might happen to you in someone else’s place.

The world has turned into a zombie apocalypse and you are alone! You have the magical ability to bring a single fictional character to life to help you survive. Who would you bring to help you? Why them of all people?

• I would bring Lisbeth Salander from The Millennium Series, as she seems to be capable of doing anything! I’m sure she’d save me from going crazy, protect me from all the bad things and provide some solid friendship.

So…Who do I tag?

And what are the nominee’s questions?

1. What is your most unique quality and how does it materialize itself in your blog?
  2. Your favorite author comes to you for advice about his/her next book, hoping to decide on the best path. Which author, book series, character and plot would you recommend?
  3. Which job in the government would you want and why?

About Me

I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com, you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare!

18 thoughts on “AWARD: Unique Blogger #2

Lost Purple Quill said:
    July 4, 2017 at 1:04 PM

Lisbeth Salander is such a great choice to bring into a zombie apocalypse! That girl would 100% find a way to survive.

Angelica (TheBookCoverGirls) said:
    July 4, 2017 at 1:51 PM

Loved your answers. I would have chosen The Book Thief also. That book was so good and yet so sad, I cried so much while reading it. I still haven’t read the Millennium series but I own the first three books and really hope to get to them this year. Great post!

PoojaG said:
    July 4, 2017 at 2:20 PM

Congratulations on the nomination!! I cried so hard while reading The Book Thief 😭😭

bookishendeavors said:
    July 4, 2017 at 3:54 PM

I share the same exact sentiments about The Book Thief!! Rudy has been one my favorite most fictional characters!

bookprincessreviews said:
    July 4, 2017 at 7:22 PM

Oooh, your answers were super interesting to read, James! I definitely don’t think that I would trade places with any characters either. Usually something bad has to happen to a character to get them to have a story, and I don’t think I would want to deal with that. And The Book Thief has been on my TBR for a while now, and I’m glad to know that it has that strong of an emotional impact. Wonderful post, and thanks so much for tagging me! 😀

Book Princess Review (@_bookprincess_) said:
    July 4, 2017 at 7:22 PM

July 4, 2017 at 7:40 PM

You are welcome. But we need to get you to read the book thief. ASAP!!!

Elle said:
    July 5, 2017 at 3:42 AM

Congratulations on the nomination! I liked your answers, especially for second question. It’s meaningful and well-thought out. I haven’t read The Book Thief yet because I heard from a friend that it made him a little depressed since the story was from death’s point of view. He was sighing throughout the day. Perhaps I might start on the book soon, after I become less busy with life, haha.
    Also, ahh! Thank you for the tag! The tag was quite a surprise , but I’m grateful for it.

July 5, 2017 at 6:39 AM

You are welcome. Have fun with it. The book thief is very emotional, but it is a very powerful one with some positive moments too.

[…] was tagged by James @ This Is My Truth Now and many thanks to him for nominating me. James has an ongoing 365 Daily Challenge on his blog […]

Melanie Noell Bernard said:
    July 16, 2017 at 11:13 AM

Thank you for nominating me for this award, Jay! 🙂 These are some very unique questions you came up with. They’ll be fun to answer!

Unique Blogger Award #2 & #3 | MNBernard Books said:
    July 29, 2017 at 7:00 AM

[…] you so much to Adrienne @ Darque Dreamer Reads  & Jay @ This is My Truth Now for nominating me for this […]