Many thanks to BludgersAndBroomsticks for tagging me on the Blue Sky Tag! We’ve only been connected about two months now but always find fun things when checking out The Mockingjay’s site… haha… and points to you if you can figure out why I am referring to that name!
- Give 11 questions
- Tag 11 people
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Which mythical creature would you want to be?
- Fairy Godfather (instead of Godmother) so that I could grant wishes to all the deserving people around me. And make them rush home at midnight, lose their shoes and possibly create a little crazy and interesting fun!
- What do you think happens after death?
- We become omniscient, but are unable to communicate with anyone living. Our soul is alive still, but we are less about physical things and more about emotional things with all the people who have passed before us. There’s no pain, anger or sorrow; it’s all some form of happiness and you can do whatever you want whenever you want.
- What fictional universe would you want to live in?
- Harry Potter. No question. I’d want to have magical skills and teach at Hogwarts.
- What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?
- That’s a big question for such a small space to write. But… I don’t believe there is any specific meaning. I think there is free will after death up until the point where you cannot communicate with anyone still alive. That’s the only rule. And sometimes it is broken but only when some omniscient creator allows it for some specific reason. I think we are meant to exist in whatever way, shape of form we want, amass as much knowledge as we can, then move on to something else. I think there are a few post-death phases, something along the lines of past lives over a few lifetimes. But it will come down to learning as much as you can until you are ready to move forward. And then it’s about living and being happy.
- If you could get a tattoo, what would it be?
- I want one. I haven’t figured out what it would be tho, which is why I’ve held off. It would be on my arm. Some colors. And it has to mean something very personal and indicative of who I am.
- What would be the first law you pass when you rule the world?
- Tax reforms to re-circulate money back into the hands of the people so we could then focus on things like healthcare and the environment.
- If you had to write a book on your life, what would you name it?
- Duality in One, as I always see both sides of the puzzle or story, and I feel like I am two people stuck inside one body and mind.
- What are you most afraid of?
- Not achieving my goals and feeling as though my life accomplished very little.
- What would be your patronus?
- A book, if it can be an inanimate object. If it must be alive, then probably a dog.
- If you could change your name, what would it be?
- Zachary or Caleb.
- Do you believe in aliens?
- Yes. There is more than life on Earth. It may not be as advanced or it may be so far advanced, it knows to stay away. But there is something else out there.
Questions for Nominees:
- If you could rewrite one thing in history, what would it be and why?
- If you could meet any living celebrity, who and why?
- If you could buy a new home anywhere, where would it be?
- If you had a job in the White House, which one?
- If you could split the country into 2 different countries, would you do it? How?
- What would your last meal be?
- What is the first thing you look at on your phone each morning?
- What job would you want even if it paid nothing?
- What made you choose your current profession?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What aggravates you more than anything else?
BludgersAndBroomsticks Questions (so you can meet someone new)
1. What’s your favorite cookie?
I can’t possibly pick favorites among my children (*whispers* chocolate chip)
2. Can you do a headstand? (If yes, Woooooooah!)
Unfortunately not. Add that to the pitifully long list of things I can’t do.
3. How good are you at cooking? Do you like it?
From a scale of burning water to Gordon Ramsay, I’m a solid should-maintain-a-10-mile-distance-from-the-kitchen-for-security-reasons.
4. What’s one book you could read every year and never get tired of?
5. Who’s the one person you’d call at 4 am, telling them you need a burger asap?
No one. All the people in my life are incredibly touchy about their sleep. So if I do call them at 4 am, they will 100% stab me and sleep in jail.
6. What made you start blogging?
My brain thought it was a good idea. My brain is very stupid. Now, I have the pleasure of reading my older posts and suffering a cringe attack.
7. Have you achieved any of the goals your younger self set?
Even as a child, I knew not to set goals because I will surely not achieve them and thus succumb into a vortex of disappointment.
8. What’s the first place that pops in your head if I said I’d fund your trip to wherever that is? And why?
If you have a fictional world immersion thingummy than Hogwarts, otherwise, Paris
9. On a scale of one to ten, how temperamental are you? If you think it’s bad, and want to simmer down, how do you plan on doing that?
10. What’s something you’d like to tell someone but can’t right now?
I’ve been hiding this for a long time but I’m not ashamed of who I am any more. I watch Minecraft videos *let the judgement begin
11. Give me one good word to describe yourself. (Make it reaaaaally good.)
Flatulence (cause I’m the shit)
I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com, you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare!