365 Challenge: Day 115 – Fervent

Fervent: having or displaying a passionate intensity

fervent

Life is full of experiences, both positive and negative. Your perspective may interpret one action or encounter as a good thing while another feels it is bad. Within these constructs, there is a feeling of extreme intensity which we commonly refer to as passion. Passion can be a physical romantic and lustful experience, but it can also be a platonic desire and enjoyment. Although I could probably blog about a few passionate experiences that would make one or the both of us blush, that won’t be happening in this specific post. Today’s all about the passionate and ardent intensity we feel over things that make us happy in a non-romantic or non-sexual way; our word is fervent.

Yesterday was a celebration where many people had a fervent response to everything associated with America’s Independence Day. I was certainly happy and humble over all that we’ve achieved in this great country, as I choose to focus on the positive things on such a special day. We had friends over for our own version of a NYC Terrace BBQ rather than go out to any public event. And since I’m not supposed to have a gas or coal BBQ on in my outdoor space (electric might be OK, but who wants that?)… we made some traditional picnic salads and pulled pork sandwiches with a zesty BBQ sauce. I cooked it for about 6 hours in a giant orange Le Creuset pot on Monday evening, so we had little to do yesterday except have a few drinks, kick back and relax with our friends.

By sunset, we all went up to the rooftop to watch the fireworks on the East River, as we have an amazing view, given the apartment is on the East Side between 1st Avenue and the East River. We all watched for a few minutes, but about halfway through, I went back to the apartment to check on Ryder. I know he isn’t always thrilled with loud noises, so I wanted to ensure he was OK. And he was… but right before I left, I took a 35-second video of the lit up sky and posted it to Facebook and Instagram. I’d insert it here, but I’m too cheap to upgrade my site, so I can’t upload videos. Perhaps the link below to my Instagram account will work, and you can see the NYC East River Fireworks. If not, you should be able to see it from my main page on the right menu bar or go see me in Instagram.

Roof Top Fireworks!

A post shared by Jay Cudney (@jamescudney4) on

Watching them from the rooftop and then again from my own terrace, I felt fervent. Fervent about everything positive around me from my life at home to my writing to my blogging to my extended family to my hopes and my dreams. And I wanted to spread that feeling all around… to everyone who feels a bit down or disillusioned. I’ve been there before. I was there last week for a few days, as you might have seen in a few posts with a bit of a darker or sadder tone. After one of them, a friend picked up the phone and surprise-called me to not only check in with me but to ask how she could help. It meant a lot that someone cared enough to take action. And she reminded me that having passion for what you do throughout the day is important.

My passion, the fervent and ardent kind, has always been a tad fleeting. I love many things. I enjoy many things. I can become focused and obsessed with many things. But I don’t know whether I truly have an over-arching fervent passion in my life. Well… let me re-state that… I do have a few of them, but I’m not sure I have really pinpointed how it all fits together. And that may be why I haven’t figured out exactly what my next job and career-focus will be. But if I were to break down the top 5 things I have passion over, it would include:

• Reading
  • Writing
  • Genealogy
  • Organizing
  • Motivating, Inspiring & Mentoring Others

fevefdf.jpg

And as I develop my plan and focus on writing the outline for my next novel, “Father Figure,” over the next few weeks, I am excited to watch this fervency explode like the fireworks in my earlier video. Push me. Remind me. Inspire me. That’s what I need from all my friends and family, and that’s what I hope for from all of you, too. But I want to turn the tables a little here, too… and remind you not to forget the underlying importance of being fervent in different parts of your life.

Maybe that’s how I can fulfill the last bullet I mentioned above. Do you need a push? Do you need a reminder? Do you need some inspiration? What’s working in your life right now? What isn’t working? How can I help? Is there a 365 Daily Challenge topic you’d like me to explore? Do you need someone to just share a separate online chat with? What’s your motivation like these days? What are your top five passions?

RECOMMENDED BLOGGER

• Today’s 365 Daily Challenge recommended blogger to know is Jo-Ann @ InspirationPie. I’ve chosen Jo-Ann for today’s word because of the passion she shows in her posts each day, whether it’s over books she loves, writing, moving forward or the daily walks she takes. Between the beautiful scenery she posts or the love she has for writing, you’ll always find something captivating on her blog. We’re helping push one another to write more and find our voices… so you can all read our work in the future.

riend.jpg

Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.

21 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 115 – Fervent

kerrymckim said:
    July 5, 2017 at 9:18 AM

I love this. I love the positivity.

Jo-Ann said:
    July 5, 2017 at 10:13 AM

Thank you so much for the wonderful mention! That means so much ❤ I'm not sure how deserving I am! I am passionate about what I do, but sometimes I find I can't do it all, for one reason or another and I get discouraged.

It sounds like you had such a fantastic evening! Good food and good friends. You can't ask for better 🙂 I love the video…what an incredible view of the city you have!

I'm sure you will be able to put all your fervent passions together and do what you love. I've listened to some podcasts a while back that encourage writing instructional kindle books or offering online courses as being good sources of online income. Maybe that's something worth exploring?

July 5, 2017 at 11:00 AM

You are welcome. And deserving. Your name is Inspiration Pie, after all. 🙂

hmmm… that’s a good suggestion. I will look those up this week, thank you!

Last night was great. Except they left 1/4 of the cheesecake and a 1/4 of the lemon blueberry bundt cake they made. Now I’m stuck eating them today.

July 5, 2017 at 10:55 AM

Love Jo-Ann! She’s so wonderful! I’m going to have to check all your other words and get back to you on what word I think you should do 😛 Great post as usual 🙂

July 5, 2017 at 10:57 AM

Aww. Thank you. If you look at the monthly updates, the list of words are there so you don’t have to check everywhere. June update comes out later today. I’m slow this week.

July 5, 2017 at 10:58 AM

Holidays will do that sometimes. I’m slow today. Just trying to get back on a regular work sleep routine is a trial.

July 5, 2017 at 10:57 AM

Just keep doing what you’re doing! I always look forward to your posts! And I love that I can make you laugh sometimes!

July 5, 2017 at 11:20 AM

James, you’re the most positive (and 1st) blogger I know and I love visiting this-is-my-truth-now. Jo-Ann is amazing along with everyone else I’ve seen comment here today. I appreciate all the work you put into your posts and always find myself digging deep into my thoughts about what your talking about that day. Thanks for the positive message.

I loved watching your fireworks too! ❤ ❤ ❤

July 5, 2017 at 11:36 AM

Thank you so much! I appreciate it. It makes me great to know it has a positive impact. You’ll be showing up this week as a blogger to check out, definitely. I have the next 5 picked out and you were on there. 🙂

July 5, 2017 at 1:22 PM

Aww, thanks. You’re the sweetest, James. ❤ I think it's so caring that you're mentioning other bloggers. You're such a great friend. You're very inspiring. 😉

July 5, 2017 at 1:25 PM

🙂 I needed to here that today. 🙂

July 5, 2017 at 7:56 PM

(hear) not (here)… I’m losing it!

Kristin said:
    July 5, 2017 at 11:34 AM

Love this and I’ve been missing your posts! I’m on vacation with very spotty wifi but I happened to have a few seconds of wifi that actually loaded wordpress. So, here I am, trying to catch up before it goes out again!

Sounds like you had a great holiday!

July 5, 2017 at 11:37 AM

I did. It was great. I’ve been missing yours because you have been offline so much! Hurry up and get back. But have fun first and don’t worry about us. We’ll still be here. Happy vacation!

Kristin said:
        July 5, 2017 at 11:39 AM

I head back on the 8th and I don’t want to! That’s a blog post for another day though. Much to update in regards to this vacation! Possible 5 year plan? I’ll update in my very late June wrap up when I get to it. I have one bar of wifi here. It’s such a hassle to blog 😀

July 5, 2017 at 11:57 AM

Looking forward to it, but I totally understand why you aren’t yet!

July 7, 2017 at 4:45 PM

Thank you for the positive bunny post. I needed some inspiration and a little positive “push” today because I hit an obstacle via an e-mail response to a submitted syllabus for the class I begin teaching on 7/12 (Today is 7/7) The e-mail began, “There has been some miscommunication…” which in the long run was the “command” to start from square one and do over. I was overwhelmed and turned to reading posts to re-establish my equilibrium, and there, thank the Good Lord was this positive post which encouraged me to look at my situation and like the Little Engine That Could, I am telling myself, not I think I can, but I KNOW I can. I don’t have 50 years of teaching under my belt for Nuttin’ !

July 7, 2017 at 4:51 PM

Oh that’s a challenge. But you’ll figure it out. Hopefully it’s not a significant amount of rework for you. If I can help, let me know. And you CAN do it. I know it.

July 7, 2017 at 6:16 PM