Blog: Links & Changes To My Facebook Site

Hello, Friends! After some extensive thought and research, I’ve decided to make some changes to how I’ve been integrating social media with my WordPress blogs. I started with Facebook this week as I am planning to share my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” with my friends and former colleagues via a social media share blast in the coming days. But before I could do that, I wanted to ensure I had the look and feel for my personal brand.

facebook

When I stepped back, I realized my personal branding wasn’t where I wanted nor needed it to be. I might be a blogger and a book reviewer, but I’m also a writer and author. I need to have both brands active and reachable for my friends, fans, followers and target audience. So… I created two new Facebook pages to represent each these two aspects of my brand and online presence. A short summary…

Personal Facebook Page

• For friends and family who want to see what’s going on in my life and share what’s happening with them. Feel free to follow or connect on here with me. I’m happy to share with all!

My Author Facebook Page

• For anyone to follow to see all the latest news on my journey with “Watching a Glass Shatter” and “Father Figure.” I’ll share links and posts from my WordPress sites to have options across multiple platforms. I’ve linked them together so it’s less manual work for me with re-posting and sharing.

This Is My Truth Now Facebook Page

• For anyone to follow to see all the latest content from my WordPress ThisIsMyTruthNow blog. It will have all the book reviews, tags, author spotlights, age/genre book suggestions, and the 365 Daily Challenge.

Open Feedback: How does everyone else handle multiple personal brands or images? I’d love to share ideas and see what other sites you have available. Making this change on Facebook allows me to have a different look-and-feel in the coming weeks, as well as let people opt in or out of each aspect of my blog. Perhaps you like the book reviews but not my writing. Or maybe you want to read my novels but not my 365 Daily Challenge! I want to make it as easy as possible.

Please feel free to follow, comment and share on those pages or on this post. I may “own” these blogs, but it’s a forum for all of us to shepherd our futures to where we want them to go… and we’re in this journey together.

(Friends in this case, but still appropriate)

33 thoughts on “Blog: Links & Changes To My Facebook Site

Valerie @ Valerie's Musings said:
    July 13, 2017 at 7:15 PM

I love the idea. 🙂 I have a separate FB page for my blog (https://www.facebook.com/ValeriesMusings/). I have more to say but work’s getting crazy so I’ll add more later. heh.

July 13, 2017 at 7:17 PM

Thx. Just went over to it now. Hope work gets easier for you tonight.

Valerie @ Valerie's Musings said:
      July 13, 2017 at 9:33 PM

I don’t mind work being busy as the time goes by faster, but it makes it hard to comment. 😉

I think having separate FB pages for each aspect of yourself and your blogging/writing is a great idea. As you said yourself, it gives people the opportunity to follow one aspect or all.

My favorite fantasy artist recently did the same thing except she does separate newsletters for all her stuff, art, coloring books and writing. It helps a lot. I, personally, want information on all of it (hers and yours) but it helps to give readers options. 🙂

Good luck as you continue to flesh out your branding and how you want to do things.

July 13, 2017 at 7:45 PM

I just want to say I like the Titus Andromeda meme

July 13, 2017 at 7:46 PM

He is a perfect end note.

July 13, 2017 at 7:47 PM

Yeah I know that’s not helpful but I love Titus and couldn’t not say anything haha. Plus I already follow you so there’s that too 😉

July 13, 2017 at 7:48 PM

Very true. I only have 1 show left until I’m done with the season! :O

July 13, 2017 at 7:48 PM

Season 3 was the best one so far!!!!

July 13, 2017 at 8:57 PM

Can you teach a course in how to do all this? In the spirit of learning and all.

[…] Jay@This-Is-My-Truth-Now Nel@Reactionary Tales Steph@Lost Purple Quill Tina@Reading Between the Pages […]

[…] james @this is my truth now […]

shalini said:
    July 14, 2017 at 11:09 AM

I don’t have multiple sites jay. Only 1 which I hardly see.. So its kinda cool. Too much social media is hampering my concentration

July 14, 2017 at 11:10 AM

It is a fine balance to walk!

shalini said:
        July 14, 2017 at 11:12 AM

I cant do it… And now I don’t want to do it. But you are a budding author, you have to do it.. That way you get to communicate with your readers

July 14, 2017 at 11:19 AM

True… never easy.

Felicia Denise said:
    July 14, 2017 at 1:18 PM

My blog is linked to Twitter and Tumblr, my author page is linked to Twitter, Facebook, and Goodreads, and I corral them all with Buffer! LOL! 😉

Kristin said:
    July 14, 2017 at 1:25 PM

Friended and will follow when I get to my computer. For some reason when I go to your fanpage it wants to make me sign into fb again

declutteringmylifeweb said:
    July 14, 2017 at 1:48 PM

Actually I have a private FB site but I have not linked it with WordPress. I would like to separate the 2 things. My everyday life belongs to FB, my thoughts are shown in wordpress. I do not have twitter etc. I think that everybody with twitter site has FB site as well. I do not want to operate two social media sites. But I am not an aspiring author, so my communication channels are different from yours.

July 14, 2017 at 3:15 PM

I’m the same as you, one for personal, then two pages one for each blog. I haven’t yet created a page/site for my writing but I probably should! I guess thanks to my marketing background I don’t have a problem separating myself up in that way and managing multiple sites and pages is pretty easy for me. I can imagine it gets pretty complicated for someone with no experience though.

July 14, 2017 at 3:16 PM

yes, definitely… i don’t think I know all your sites. i will have to search for them.