AWARD: Black Cat Blue Sea

Many thanks to Alex @ Coffee Loving Bookoholic for nominating me for this award. Please check out Alex’s site before you even finish reading my tag. You might meet a new friend!!!

acat.jpg

What Is This Award

This award is for bloggers who strive to write for everybody, and no matter how many viewers they get, make an impact on a reader. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee. It should be awarded to anybody that you choose deserves it, and it doesn’t mean that they must have hundreds of followers and likes.

Rules

• anybody nominated can nominate up to eight other bloggers
  • the nominee answers three questions posed by the nominator
  • the questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions
  • if any of the questions asked are offensive or the nominee simply does not want to answer, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award

Questions

• do you listen to music while reading? if yes, what’s your favorite music to listen to?
    • No, I don’t. I need utter quiet to read and comprehend. If I’m surface reading an article or blog, I can have other noises in the background, but if it’s a novel or something important, I usually go to a room by myself.

• if you had to choose, would you rather live near the mountains or at the beach?
    • Absolutely the mountains. I love cool weather with different levels of nature and structures. I do not like warm weather and I am not a swimmer.

• in case you’re watching booktube, who is your favorite booktuber and why?
    • I don’t watch it. I’ve never been comfortable with myself on camera nor on web videos, as they make noise when you’re trying to be in a quiet location. I would like to give them a chance. Any suggestions from my friends reading this?

Nominees

Questions

1. What would you like bloggers to do more of that they aren’t doing right now?
  2. Tell us 4 things about yourself, one of which is not true… and see if we can guess.
  3. Describe a perfect day that balances all the things you love.

About Me

I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com, you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare! Feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Tell me what you think. Note: All content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.

33 thoughts on “AWARD: Black Cat Blue Sea

July 14, 2017 at 5:00 PM

Thanks for the nomination! I’ve never watched any book-tubers I’m so easily distracted from videos I just don’t bother. Much prefer reading blogs.

July 14, 2017 at 5:12 PM

Wow! Great questions you answered. I thought about booktube, but I’m way too private of a person to put myself on the internet, lol. Kids photos of myself I can handle though. I do like the idea though and love watching others on YouTube, etc. I’m interested in what others have to say about it.

Thanks for the nom! This is way cool. I’m amazed at how many awards there are. 😉 Congrats! ♡♡♡

July 14, 2017 at 5:13 PM

OMG, thank you so much for the nomination, Jay! What a great way to start my Saturday morning… (it’s 7 am here)
    As for BookTube, I watch(ed) an awful A LOT, I don’t know how many channels I’m following… I no longer have time to watch them as much as I used to thanks to this blogging community, but I still do watch because it’s where I get a lot of book recommendations and for me as an English learner, it’s a great media to improve my listening skills! 😉

July 14, 2017 at 5:18 PM

I’ve never even heard of booktubing. Only things I watch on YouTube are techy videos, natural hairstyle tutorials and singing auditions. How do you YouTube about a book?? Now I’m curious. Thanks for the nomination! It doesn’t matter if I’m in a loud environment or not when I read cause I’m a pro at tuning things out to the exasperation of my husband hahaha. I’m also with you about mountains vs. beaches!

bookishendeavors said:
    July 14, 2017 at 6:15 PM

Congratulations! I can’t read with loud noises around me, either!

theabominablebookgirl said:
    July 14, 2017 at 6:47 PM

My fave booktubers are Mynameismarines and Booksandlala

MommyMonster90 said:
    July 14, 2017 at 9:35 PM

Love your answers!!! and your questions are awesome. ❤

July 15, 2017 at 1:13 AM

thanks for answering my questions 🤗 i hope you had fun?!
    there are so many good booktubers out there. the most important thing is to find someone who has the same taste in books and seems to be who they are. my favorites are booksandlala and hardbackhoarder 🤗

cwhiteweb said:
    July 15, 2017 at 2:49 AM

Congratulations!! Ironic how this is a black cat blue sea award, yet you’d choose the mountains over the sea hahA
    Reading in silence, yes! Can’t read and think otherwise too

[…] you so much, Jay@This-Is-My-Truth-Now for nominating me for this award, you have been incredibly nice and sweet ever since we started […]

inspirationpie said:
    July 15, 2017 at 3:58 PM

Congratulations, Jay! And thanks for the nomination 🙂 Just found this in my email heap now LOL. I’m totally with you on peace and quiet while reading. It requires all my concentration. I’d rather read than watch videos, so I’ve never even looked at Booktube. Not even sure what it is, really! lol

Jo-Ann

Valerie @ Valerie's Musings said:
    July 15, 2017 at 7:16 PM

OMG, I’m so with you on web videos! I’ve never met anyone else who understands that I don’t like the videos because they’re loud when you’re trying to be quiet. Wow. Someone else gets it. 🙂 Yay! 🙂

Congrats on the new award. 🙂 🙂

July 15, 2017 at 7:29 PM

Thank you very much. I totally understand. They make noise when you don’t expect it. Facebook drives me nuts with it!

susandyer1962 said:
    July 15, 2017 at 10:55 PM

Congratulations Jay!!

Books, Vertigo and Tea said:
    July 17, 2017 at 6:00 PM

I generally need quiet when writing as well. But I can do classical music at times. Lyrics seem to distract me. I agree about the cool mountain air, but I love the ocean. Luckily here, it is generally cooler on the coast. Best of both worlds 😉

Black Cat Blue Sea Award – Reactionary Tales said:
    July 18, 2017 at 8:30 AM

[…] James by now then you’re late to the party and need to come join us ASAP. He operates over at This is My Truth Now and he’s very intelligent and fun person to talk to. I always look forward to all his posts […]

Black Cat Blue Sea Award – Moohnshine's Corner said:
    July 26, 2017 at 6:33 AM

[…] over at This is My Truth Now may have created this award and he’s very intelligent and fun person to talk to. I always look […]

AWARD: Black Cat Blue Sea Award | BrizzleLass Books said:
    July 29, 2017 at 12:03 PM

[…] was nominated for this little beauty twice, so a huge thank you to my good friend Jay @ This Is My Truth Now who you all know I absolutely love by now, please go and visit him if you haven’t already. […]

Black Cat Blue Sea Award – Angie Dokos said:
    July 29, 2017 at 5:59 PM

[…] over at This is My Truth Now may have created this award. He’s awesome, if you don’t already follow him, you must […]