Many thanks to Decluttering My Life for nominating me for this wonderful blogging award. I appreciate it, as it is a very great honor. I’ve been nominated before but with very different questions, so this is exciting! DML (my new name for my nominator) and I met about 3 weeks ago through another blogging friend and are enjoying getting to know one another… so much so that I recommend you go check out the site to see for yourself. Very thought-provoking content and great fun!!! I took a few days to come up with some doozies for questions. Is that the correct spelling of that word? Well, it probably doesn’t matter because you will hopefully be so entertained below with facts, questions and answers that you are focused on trying not to wet yourself instead of verifying my spelling of items in this post. You’re welcome.
The Rules for the Liebster Award:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Notify them of the nomination
- Give them 11 questions to answer
Facts about me:
- I wear contact lenses because I am worse than a bat.
- I’m the fourth male directly in my line with this exact name, hence the “IV” after my name. Please bow before me. Just teasing. A curtsy is sufficient.
- I prefer spelling things the British way. I’m American. They seem better lately.
- I have been to Cambodia. I saw the best life has to offer. I saw the worst life has to offer. Don’t ask for details. I am not at liberty to reveal due to a… never mind.
- I am a reader and writer, yet I always test nearly perfect on mathematics. Took so many advanced calculus courses, I think I plotted every angle possible. I know the exact angle to send a sling shot towards… whomever deserves it.
- The calla lily is my favorite flower. I’d like them at my funeral please. You’re all tasked with making sure this happens or I’ll haunt you.
- I was a good gymnast as a kid. I could climb to the top of the rope, walk the balance beam, jump the horse and use the rings to turn myself in every direction. After puberty hit, my balance was so off, I could barely walk a straight line. A few drinks make it much better now.
- I used to ride horses, but it’s been almost two decades since I’ve been on one. I love it, but I see no reason to feel like I’m constantly vibrating (in a bad way, to clarify) while the wind is whipping in my face.
- My nickname in high school was Tooshie. You can decide why or what it means.
- I can’t smell tequila anymore or it will make me sick. Bad college incident. It’s okay in a mixed drink, but a shot will induce projectile, something fierce along the lines of what happened to me in question #8 below (you’re in for a treat!).
- I have no self control when it comes to dark chocolate or champagne. None. I will do anything for it.
Questions To Me:
1. What does life mean to you?
- To learn, mentor and educate while encouraging personal growth and collaboration with others. When you have accomplished the right balance, you are free to move on, but your impact stays there forever. That means you lived a good life.
2. What would you enjoy doing 7 days a week?
- Writing books.
3. What’s your birthday date?
- March 18th, 1977.
4. Have you ever had a near death experience? If yes pls brief us about it
- Nope. Choked on a gumball, but I don’t think I was quite near death.
5. Your favourite quote is ?
- “There’s something I just realized, That I never knew before. I can’t explain the reasons, but I know that I want more.”
- “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.”
6. If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
- Cotswolds in UK
7. What’s your dream house?
- Do you have a few hours? I could show you the architectural plans I’ve drawn up. 🙂
8. Most embarrassing moment
- None really. I tend to laugh that stuff off. I do get embarrassed when my aunt would tell a story about what happened when I was a child with a very bad stomach virus. All I will say is that she told anyone she could that “It was flying out both ends!” And that should be enough of a visual for you. I am such a perfectionist and I never let anyone see me weak that they love telling this story as it makes me human. At least that’s what they say. I don’t compute.
9. Your biggest fear?
- Dying without understanding my life or reaching my potential.
10. Any regret? If yes what ?
- Not being as aware of who I am or comfortable in my own skin when I was 20. I could have done so much more.
11. Who’s your favorite author or speaker, maybe both?
- I enjoy Suze Orman for her advice and attitude.
- I am enthralled by Kate Morton, Agatha Christie, Ken Follett and Henry James.
Questions for My Nominees:
- Which body part would you exchange if you could?
- How often do you brush your teeth? Honestly, and if you try to lie, your teeth will turn yellow on the spot based on the dust I sent with this post.
- If you could inhabit someone else’s body for a day, who would it be?
- If you could have someone else’s personality and intelligence, who would it be?
- Where are you taking me to dinner tomorrow night? Or if that’s not gonna work for you, what gift are you sending in lieu of canceling last minute on me? Seems appropriate.
- Have you ever tried to count the licks to get to the center of the Tootsie Roll Pop?
- Did I share too much above? If yes, which item. If not, you’re my new best friend.
- If you could hide in someone’s pocket for a day just to see what they really do when you’re not around, who would it be?
- If you have an entire cake to yourself, and you know for certain that no one else will eat it nor see you eat it, would you still cut it up and serve it on a plate? Or would you dig in with a shovel? (Assume nothing bad happens to your body as a result of consuming said
- What’s the first thing that comes to mind when I say “bite me” ? Good or bad, let it rip.
- Have you met Liebster? If Yes, please describe. If No, please contribute $25 to the charity of your choice in order to successfully have completed this easy and fun quiz. Failure to do so results in an automatic replication of 10 more quizzes a day from me to you as a loving gesture of support.
*** Thank you for playing and have a nice day. ***
Note 2: Yes, I know this is out of order. So am I. You must already know that if you’re reading my posts like this one, right?
Note 3: I would love for all my friends to answer the 11 questions I posed… as I think they are truly amazing and would allow us to grow a stronger and more authentic relationship having been structurally honest with one another from the beginning. xoxo
Note 1: I really attempted sarcasm and humor, so hopefully no one was offended by my additional flair and style in today’s award post. If you did feel slighted, I hope all the font colors make your eyes tired enough that you go away sleepy and don’t feel the need to complain to me. I’m busy tonight dreaming up new questions for tomorrow’s posts.
About Me & the “365 Daily Challenge”
I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.
The goal: Knowledge. Acceptance. Understanding. Optimization. Happiness. Help. For myself. For others. And if all else fails, humor. When I’m finished in one year, I hope to have more answers about the future and what I will do with the remainder of my life. All aspects to be considered. It’s not just about a career, hobbies, residence, activities, efforts, et al. It’s meant to be a comprehensive study and reflection from an ordinary man. Not a doctor. Not a therapist. Not a friend. Not an encyclopedia full of prior research. Just pure thought, a blogged journal with true honesty.
Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.