AWARD: Versatile Blogger #2

I would like to thank WakingUpOnTheWrongSideOf50 for nominating me for this award!  She is one of the most funny bloggers I follow, so please give her a chance… I already showcased her last week on my 365 Daily Challenge Recommended Blogger, so this is reminder number two… ahem… and speaking of the 365 Daily Challenge, I already reveal so much, I wonder what I will come up with for the 7 possibly unknown facts about me…

blog

RULES OF THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD:

1.) Thank the bloggers who nominated you and share their links.
2.) Nominate at least 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs.
3.) Also inform them about their nomination.
4.) Reveal 7 facts about yourself that your readers may not know

Here are my 7 possibly unknown facts:

1. I had kidney stones when I was 12 and 13. My parents thought I was making it up because my dad was getting them and I wanted to be like him. When I was able to prove I had them (no fun for a 12 year old to have to tell his mother he’s peeing blood), I got a puppy as an I’m sorry gift.
  2. I once choked on a gumball in a J.C. Penney’s store when I was about 5 years old. I tried to get the cashier’s attention, but she was busy talking to a customer. Finally I threw myself on the ground kicking and screaming until they looked over. Luckily someone slapped my back. I’ve had an irrational fear of choking since then.
  3. I was once stung by a bumble bee on my eyelid. It swelled up, but I wasn’t allergic to them. It went away in 3 days, but then that same afternoon, I walked into an open window and cut my other eyelid open. I looked like a monster that week. I think I was about 9 years old.
  4. Other than those 3 items I just mentioned, I’ve never really been injured, e.g. broken bones or accidents. I’m lucky, I suppose.
  5. When I was a teenager, we went to a resort in the Catskills for one week every summer. We’d always play “Night at the Races” and bet on previous horse races they would show on big movie screen. I always picked the right ones such that everyone would make their bets after I placed mine. But I could never collect the winnings because I was a minor. So unfair.
  6. I found baby squirrels (three days old) abandoned by their mother in a tree on my property a few years ago. They were covered in ants and screeching. The mother wouldn’t save them, so I did. I raised them for 4 months until they were old enough to go outside again. I had claw marks on my legs and shoulders because they would need to always be sitting on me no matter where I was in the house. They soon thought my dog was their mother and kept trying to cuddle with her. She was not happy.
  7. I always win when I gamble at a new casino for the first time. I’ve been to 5 big casinos and on every single one, I win about a large amount of money on slot machines and BlackJack. If I go back again, I always lose. I should travel the world and visit every casino until I proved this theory.

I nominate the following 10 people:

1. https://littlemayflyblog.com/2017/07/17/500-followers/
  2. https://marjoriesworldofbooks.wordpress.com/2017/07/17/fascinating-illuminating-and-moving/
  3. https://authentically50.wordpress.com/2017/07/17/how-to-be-content-with-what-you-have/
  4. https://susanlovesbooks.wordpress.com/2017/07/17/goodreads-monday-17/
  5. https://takeonlifeblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/23/moving-forward-always/
  6. https://angloswiss-chronicles.com/2017/07/17/mundane-monday-challenge-118-a-leafless-tree/
  7. https://cassiopeiasmoon.wordpress.com/2017/07/10/mid-year-freak-out-2017/
  8. https://thebookcovergirls.wordpress.com/2017/07/02/july-2017/
  9. https://lostartofreadingblog.wordpress.com/2017/07/05/%F0%9F%8D%81forbidden-by-f-stone/
  10. https://angiedokos.wordpress.com/2017/07/14/launch-party-mega-blitz-celebrating-indie-authors-blogparty-giveaways/

53 thoughts on “AWARD: Versatile Blogger #2

Kristin @ Kristin Kraves Books said:
    July 17, 2017 at 12:28 PM

That kidney stone story is sad but cute at the same time! What did you name the puppy??

July 17, 2017 at 12:29 PM

Muffin… she was golden brown and looked like the top of a muffin to me. Should have thought of something better, like Stoner. I was young. And you can laugh, it was a long time ago!

Cassiopeia's Moon said:
    July 17, 2017 at 12:29 PM

Thank you so much for the award! I have done it twice already so I might leave it at that, but feel free to check one of those out if you want^^

I have to say you’ve been quite unlucky. Stung on the eyelid, choking and kidney stones! Jeez… I’m glad I’ve only broken a bone and had my back crooked 😛

July 17, 2017 at 12:30 PM

Haha! No worries, I will check them out. I didn’t think to look up first if you had won it previously… oh well, next time! 🙂

aquibview said:
    July 17, 2017 at 12:53 PM

Congratulations. ☺️☺️☺️

lostartofreadingblog said:
    July 17, 2017 at 1:03 PM

Thank you very much, I also just realised, you nominated me for another one and I left it in drafts and forgot to complete it. Sorry about that I’ll get caught up here soon.

fitnessgrad said:
    July 17, 2017 at 1:17 PM

Congrats on the nomination!

Shay-lon

Valerie @ Valerie's Musings said:
    July 17, 2017 at 1:59 PM

Congratulations on another award nomination! 🙂 Have you gotten “The Bear & the Nightingale” yet? 🙂

July 17, 2017 at 2:02 PM

No! It says shipped Saturday, so probably will have it this week. Do we want to schedule it to start a day next week?

Valerie @ Valerie's Musings said:
        July 17, 2017 at 2:08 PM

Sure. I have a blog tour review due on Tuesday but other than that I’m free all week (and I’ll probably have that book read before this weekend as it’s a favorite author). 🙂 Tuesday or Wednesday work for you?

July 17, 2017 at 2:12 PM

perfect. I’ll confirm when it arrives midweek this week and will push thru the two I’m reading this week so I’m ready!

July 17, 2017 at 2:02 PM

🙂 and thank you.

PoojaG said:
    July 17, 2017 at 2:16 PM

Congratulations! Sorry about the kidney stone but at least you got a puppy!!

Patty said:
    July 17, 2017 at 3:29 PM

Great job Jay! 🙂

July 17, 2017 at 3:35 PM

OMG kidney stones at 12 that is awful! Then the choking and bee sting stories aswell! Cripes!! That’s some bad luck there!

July 17, 2017 at 3:47 PM

That was best reveal ever! Squirrels! Awesome! Though how did your dog feel about being the mom? And did you get gallstones just to get puppy?

July 17, 2017 at 3:59 PM

I did not get the stones simply to get a puppy. I also thought it would earn me a kitten too. It didn’t work. Sadly.

Lady did not like their claws, nor when they would try to nurse. She gave up and night and let them sleep against her belly.

July 17, 2017 at 4:07 PM

You should get a kitten now. There are three kittens at union square pet o that I am obsessed with….one is part calico. I swoon. Don’t know if my dog and cat would welcome another though

Angelica (TheBookCoverGirls) said:
    July 17, 2017 at 4:15 PM

Congrats on the nomination! And thank you so much for nominating me for this! Also, I can’t decide if you have the best luck or the worst luck. It’s great that you always win at casinos, but to almost blinded twice in one day one tragedy per eye, that’s pretty terrible. Either way, great post!

July 17, 2017 at 4:22 PM

Thank you so much. I think I have good luck most of the time. But when bad luck happens, it just pours for those few days! Good luck with the tag.

Kristin said:
    July 17, 2017 at 9:31 PM

This reminds me of the Veggie Tales song, “Love my lips” 😂

shalini said:
    July 18, 2017 at 12:14 AM

Great answers Jay… U did have all the luck (bad..) when you were a kid, 9 to 12 years seems a memorable time frame for you. Thank you for sharing these details..
    Cute story about the squirrels…
    Do you have a pet now??

shalini said:
      July 18, 2017 at 12:14 AM

And the casino thing, shouldn’t you make hay while the sun shines???

July 18, 2017 at 6:40 AM

I have a dog. He is almost 10. That’s all! He’s enough. Lol. Thanks. It was a fun time back then.

July 18, 2017 at 6:34 AM

Congrats on the nomination Jay!! Great answers. When i was younger (I don’t remember how old I was) me and my family took a summer long vacation and we ended up in New York/Canada to see Niagara Falls. We stopped at McDonald’s to eat lunch. I was eating a fry dipped in ketchup and somehow managed to choke on the ketchup. My dad ended up spilling hot coffee all over him and my grandpa to get to me. Still to this day I want dip my fries in ketchup.

July 18, 2017 at 7:08 AM

Thank you so much. Oh, that’s a funny but sad story. How we choke on things as a child… I’m glad it all worked out. 🙂

July 18, 2017 at 7:28 AM

Yeah my sister laughed at me afterwards. I was embarrassed because everyone was staring.

janieleeds said:
    July 18, 2017 at 7:47 AM

Aww Jay, I love to read the reveals and I’m happy to hear it’s smooth sailing now as those were tough times you described! Congrats on the nomination for yourself and thank you for nominating me! I hope to write the post for it in the next few days. You’ve put a big smile on my face. Thank you again! 🙂

Avid Observer said:
    July 18, 2017 at 9:16 AM

Seemed like you had an adventurous childhood.
    Congratulations!! on the awards your blog deserves these appreciations. 🙂

July 18, 2017 at 9:23 AM

Thank you so much! I appreciate it. Hope all is going well by you!

Avid Observer said:
        July 19, 2017 at 11:24 AM

You’re most welcome 🙂
        Yeah everything is going great here. Hope you had some awesome time as well 🙂

Books, Vertigo and Tea said:
    July 19, 2017 at 5:45 PM

So I have to ask, do you avoid gumballs now? That had to be a horrifying experience!

[…] Thank you Jay!  My first award nomination – ta da!  I am so happy and appreciative!  In accordance to the […]