I would like to thank WakingUpOnTheWrongSideOf50 for nominating me for this award! She is one of the most funny bloggers I follow, so please give her a chance… I already showcased her last week on my 365 Daily Challenge Recommended Blogger, so this is reminder number two… ahem… and speaking of the 365 Daily Challenge, I already reveal so much, I wonder what I will come up with for the 7 possibly unknown facts about me…
RULES OF THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD:
1.) Thank the bloggers who nominated you and share their links.
2.) Nominate at least 10 bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs.
3.) Also inform them about their nomination.
4.) Reveal 7 facts about yourself that your readers may not know
Here are my 7 possibly unknown facts:
- I had kidney stones when I was 12 and 13. My parents thought I was making it up because my dad was getting them and I wanted to be like him. When I was able to prove I had them (no fun for a 12 year old to have to tell his mother he’s peeing blood), I got a puppy as an I’m sorry gift.
- I once choked on a gumball in a J.C. Penney’s store when I was about 5 years old. I tried to get the cashier’s attention, but she was busy talking to a customer. Finally I threw myself on the ground kicking and screaming until they looked over. Luckily someone slapped my back. I’ve had an irrational fear of choking since then.
- I was once stung by a bumble bee on my eyelid. It swelled up, but I wasn’t allergic to them. It went away in 3 days, but then that same afternoon, I walked into an open window and cut my other eyelid open. I looked like a monster that week. I think I was about 9 years old.
- Other than those 3 items I just mentioned, I’ve never really been injured, e.g. broken bones or accidents. I’m lucky, I suppose.
- When I was a teenager, we went to a resort in the Catskills for one week every summer. We’d always play “Night at the Races” and bet on previous horse races they would show on big movie screen. I always picked the right ones such that everyone would make their bets after I placed mine. But I could never collect the winnings because I was a minor. So unfair.
- I found baby squirrels (three days old) abandoned by their mother in a tree on my property a few years ago. They were covered in ants and screeching. The mother wouldn’t save them, so I did. I raised them for 4 months until they were old enough to go outside again. I had claw marks on my legs and shoulders because they would need to always be sitting on me no matter where I was in the house. They soon thought my dog was their mother and kept trying to cuddle with her. She was not happy.
- I always win when I gamble at a new casino for the first time. I’ve been to 5 big casinos and on every single one, I win about a large amount of money on slot machines and BlackJack. If I go back again, I always lose. I should travel the world and visit every casino until I proved this theory.
I nominate the following 10 people:
About Me & the “365 Daily Challenge”
I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.
The goal: Knowledge. Acceptance. Understanding. Optimization. Happiness. Help. For myself. For others. And if all else fails, humor. When I’m finished in one year, I hope to have more answers about the future and what I will do with the remainder of my life. All aspects to be considered. It’s not just about a career, hobbies, residence, activities, efforts, et al. It’s meant to be a comprehensive study and reflection from an ordinary man. Not a doctor. Not a therapist. Not a friend. Not an encyclopedia full of prior research. Just pure thought, a blogged journal with true honesty.
Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.