AWARD: Mystery Blogger #2

Thank you to Kate @ Melting Pots And Other Calamities for nominating me for this award. Kate has a great site and you should check it out; that’s all I am going to say for now, as tomorrow’s 365 Daily Challenge actually highlights her as my Recommended Blogger to know. How amusing this all lined up…

The Rules:

• Put the award logo/image in your post.
  • List all the rules.
  • Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
  • Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
  • Nominate 10-20 people and notify them.
  •  Link back to the creator of the award.
  • Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question.
  • Share the link to your best/favourite post of yours.

Three Things About Myself:

1. I spent a few weeks in Cambodia, Singapore and Thailand. Loved it!
  2. I’m an only-child but definitely not spoiled.
  3. I once attempted to dye my brown hair a blonde color, as I love when dark roots hide under light colored hair. The end result… I had rust-colored hair for a few days. And to make it seem real, I spoke with a weird Irish and Scottish accent so that people thought I was foreign. I have to have my fun sometimes.

The Questions:

1. What is the coolest handmade thing you’ve ever received?

• My first girlfriend’s (yeah, I know, right???) grandmother crocheted a blanket for me when I turned 13. I still sleep with it…

2. Is there a villain or antagonist that you can’t help but call a favorite character? If so, who?

• Hopefully this doesn’t offend anyone, but I enjoy reading books where the antagonist is some for of a devil or Satan-like character, as it’s always amusing to see what (s)he comes up with as the punishment for victims.

3. Which character would you most like to be from whatever you’re currently reading or watching?

• Sherlock Holmes: I would love to be a witty, intelligent and sexy detective!!!

4. What is a show, anime, or webcomic that desperately needs another season? Or a book that needs a sequel?

• I’d like to see another season of LOST to try and fix that awful series finale.

5. What are some animations and/or webcomics that you think have some of the best art?

• But I don’t watch them, so how do I know??? I’m sorry! Everyone else can suggest one for me.

My Favorite Post:

I Tag:

1. https://storyspillerblog.wordpress.com/2017/07/14/acceptance/
  2. https://featherinthestraw.wordpress.com/2017/07/20/inspiration-fueled-by-h2o/
  3. https://purukvaikkath.wordpress.com/2017/07/16/ramayana/
  4. http://bipolar-maria-fasching.at/en/blog/2017/07/18/anxious-hours/
  5. https://ignitedmoth.wordpress.com/2017/07/20/hello-nyquil-my-old-friend/
  6. https://unavagabonda.com/2017/07/20/nine-ten-a-september-11-story/
  7. https://ireadnovels.wordpress.com/2017/07/19/three-days-and-a-life-pirre-lemaitre/
  8. https://dreambigdreamoften.co/2017/07/18/one-of-the-most-important-questions-i-ask/
  9. https://bookasaurusblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/19/the-run-out-groove-by-andrew-cartmel/
  10. https://amandashivrattan481.wordpress.com/2017/07/20/carson-by-melissa-foster-with-tastybooktours/

My Questions:

1. What’s been the greatest mystery you’ve attempted to solve in your own life?
  2. What country is most likely your next vacation or trip?
  3. Do you have a doppelganger? Describe.
  4. When did you and I first start connecting and over what topics?
  5. What do you love most about your own blog or site?

52 thoughts on “AWARD: Mystery Blogger #2

July 20, 2017 at 11:27 AM

Cowboy Bebop is the answer you’re looking for 🙂

hsimone said:
    July 20, 2017 at 11:31 AM

Congratulations! Wow, Cambodia, Singapore and Thailand. I bet that was a memorable experience! I would totally watch another season of LOST for a more satisfying ending. I like your Bucket List. Thanks for sharing!

July 20, 2017 at 11:32 AM

Thank you! I appreciate it. I miss LOST. Yes, SE Asia was very memorable… loved it.

hsimone said:
        July 20, 2017 at 1:22 PM

You’re welcome! 🙂 It’s well deserved! Yeah, I was pretty hooked to LOST when we watched it. Ah…I would love to experience at least one Asian country. Maybe one day!

aquibview said:
    July 20, 2017 at 11:31 AM

Congratulations James, another one. ☺️☺️😀

Run Wright said:
    July 20, 2017 at 11:40 AM

that crocheted blanket sounds really cool…. or, you know, really warm 🙂
    I like the Sherlock Holmes character too. I bought a book a few years ago entitled “Conned Again, Watson”, which was about how to use ordinary powers of deduction to solve the mysteries. I fancy myself a kind of detective too.

July 20, 2017 at 11:44 AM

It is great, love it! Both cool and warm!!! Sounds like an interesting book, I nee to take a look at that once. Thx.

Run Wright said:
    July 20, 2017 at 11:42 AM

Also, this is going to sound weird but I never finished watching LOST even though I really liked it. I still avoid discussions about it for fear of spoilers so please don’t say what happens in the “awful series finale”. I still plan to watch it someday and want to be surprised 🙂

susandyer1962 said:
    July 20, 2017 at 12:14 PM

Congratulations Jay! Do we have pictures of you with this rust colored hair? Hehehe

Christy B said:
    July 20, 2017 at 12:23 PM

Congrats Jay! That’s sweet about the homemade blanket you still sleep with 🙂

glamitupwithtc said:
    July 20, 2017 at 12:48 PM

Congratulations for being nominated:)

July 20, 2017 at 12:49 PM

Thank you very much! If you haven’t received it already, I’ve tagged you on something this week. It may not have posted yet! 🙂

vinnieh said:
    July 20, 2017 at 1:02 PM

That was interesting about the hair dye.

July 20, 2017 at 1:04 PM

Yeah… quite a mistake in my junior year of college… shouldn’t have done it on my own… then went to a friend who said she knew what she was doing… and it was worse. so i had to let it go for a few days. hence the whole new temporary persona

vinnieh said:
        July 20, 2017 at 1:05 PM

I wouldn’t know what to do with my hair. I’m so used to it being the way it is!

July 20, 2017 at 1:07 PM

Sometimes you just need a change! Come on by… no idea what I’m doing, but we’ll figure it out!

vinnieh said:
        July 20, 2017 at 1:08 PM

Haha, I’ll consider it James.

July 20, 2017 at 1:09 PM

Ha! I’m not even sure where you live… LOL

Janice Collins said:
    July 20, 2017 at 1:23 PM

I’d like another season of Lost too. I didn’t like how it ended.

kerrymckim said:
    July 20, 2017 at 1:34 PM

As someone who crochets, I am glad you enjoyed that gift. So many crocheted gifts go unappreciated.

meltingpotsandothercalamities said:
    July 20, 2017 at 1:55 PM

Haha, the rust colored hair thing sounds hilarious. Great prank.
    And Sherlock Holmes? Yep, I can totally understand that.
    And some animations…well, for pretty art, I’d say a lot, lol. It’s hard. Mostly my reviews for Tv and anime could help, possibly.
    What I meant for that question was really, anything. Anime, movies, cartoons, etc. But no biggie! I am more than happy to give recommendations. 🙂

July 20, 2017 at 3:24 PM

Congratulations! Rust-colored hair and Irish and Scottish accent… you Are so funny at times!😂

July 20, 2017 at 3:32 PM

Oh dear at the rust coloured hair! Bleaching is a fine art, taken me decades to find the right strngth and brand of bleach and to know how long to leave it and my hair still only goes pukey yellow colour! 😂 It’s lucky I put colour straight on top!
    I can definitely see you pulling off the American version of Sherlock Holmes!
    And you have been to some amazing countries I am very jealous!

July 20, 2017 at 3:42 PM

You may have to teach me!!!

Oh I so want that job. Maybe Benedict will give me a call.

I have been lucky with travel!

dray0308 said:
    July 21, 2017 at 5:08 AM

Thank you so much for the nomination!!
    Danny

July 21, 2017 at 8:42 AM

You are totally Sherlock!

storyspiller said:
    July 21, 2017 at 10:21 AM

Thank you for the nomination!

ignitedmoth said:
    July 23, 2017 at 10:57 AM

Congrats! Great post. 🙂 I liked reading your answers. And thank you so much for the nomination! 😀