TAG: Fight Like a YA Girl

Thank you so much Patty @ Moohnshine’s Corner for tagging me on this cool tag. It’s the most difficult one I’ve ever done… and she’s gonna pay for it one day. Possibly with a cake… Hahaha! So fair…

gir

The Rules:

• Thank the person who tagged you.
  • Mention the creator Krysti at YA and Wine
  • Match at least one YA girl with each of the themes below.
  • Tag as many people as you like!

1.WARRIOR GIRLS:

johanna.jpg

2. GIRLS WHO FIGHT WITH THEIR MIND:

• Hermione from Harry Potter. She always knows the right spell to deal with the enemy.

hrmione.jpg

3. GIRLS WHO FIGHT WITH THEIR HEART:

• Lou from Me Before You. At first glance, it may not appear that she does, but in the end, her heart brought her back to him and tried to convince Will to change his mind. She may or may not be a young adult, but in my mind, she was young enough.

mebeforeyou

4. GIRLS WHO ARE TRAINED FIGHTERS:

katniess.jpg

5. STRONG GIRLS OF COLOR:

• Rue from The Hunger Games. She stayed in the game for a long time.

rue.jpg

6. GIRLS WHO FIGHT TO SURVIVE:

• Lisbeth Salander from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. She will never die.

dragon.jpg

7. GIRLS WHO ARE WEAPONS MASTERS:

*** See anyone from The Hunger Games ***

8. GIRLS WHO DON’T CONFORM TO GENDER ROLES:

*** See several from The Hunger Games ***

9. GIRLS WITH KICK-BUTT MAGICAL POWERS:

• Lyra from The Golden Compass. Imagine what Lyra can do with the alethiometer.

golden compass.jpg

10. STRONG GIRLS IN CONTEMPORARY NOVELS:

•  Pretty Little Liars

pretty.jpg

11. SERIOUSLY FIERCE GIRLS:

*** See anyone from The Hunger Games ***

12. MOST ANTICIPATED BOOK WITH A STRONG LEADING LADY:

• WOW!!! Too many to come up with,  but none are Young Adult. I’m gonna have to think about this one… suggestions?

Nominations To Do This Tag

About Me

35 thoughts on “TAG: Fight Like a YA Girl

Patty said:
    July 20, 2017 at 4:37 PM

Mmmmm cake 😍 you know I didn’t think about Lou she is perfect for that question. I love Lizbeth. She kicks ass. I haven’t read the books 📚 but have seen all three movies 🎥 not the remake. I love them. One day I will have to read the books. Great answers Jay! I might have to figure out how to ship a Cake 🎂 one day.

July 20, 2017 at 4:42 PM

I debated Lisbeth as the book wasn’t YA but she was one. Cake is good. Maybe I’ll be in your neighborhood one day. Thank you again!!!

July 20, 2017 at 5:15 PM

Haha hardest??? Psssh. We really need to expand your YA repatorie past the Hunger Games 😝 I almost used Lyra when I did this tag but then changed my mind haha

July 20, 2017 at 5:26 PM

I know!!! I’m so in a specific few genres. And right now I’m trying to type after my eyes were dilated at the eye doctor for a check up. I’m not sure what I’m typing. Relying on auto-correct and red lines to tell me what’s wrong.

July 20, 2017 at 5:28 PM

Oh boy. Sounds like fun times and you haven’t even had a drink yet! Or have you?

July 20, 2017 at 5:30 PM

I haven’t. But I got myself home on the subway. Now I’ve got to get myself 20 blocks away to meet friends for dinner. Already told them I can’t read the menu so they have to pick for me.

July 20, 2017 at 5:34 PM

Haha that will be a very fun time. Do you at least have the Stevie wonder shades?

July 20, 2017 at 5:34 PM

Um, no… I forgot about sunglasses. Just been wandering around with my hands out in front

July 20, 2017 at 5:35 PM

Oh god James. Please be safe. Ppl are crazy!

July 20, 2017 at 5:36 PM

LOL… I’ll shot things and people will stay away. LOL J/K I’m mostly blurry with reading. Distance is OK, so I can cross streets. I can’t read signs tho/

July 20, 2017 at 5:37 PM

I’m shaking my head just so you know lol

July 20, 2017 at 5:38 PM

Hehehe. Sorry!!!

cwhiteweb said:
    July 20, 2017 at 9:49 PM

You’ve read Me Before You!
    My friend went stop raving about the movie so I downloaded it. Now I want to know if you think I should read the book first or just go ahead and watch the movie?

Run Wright said:
    July 21, 2017 at 12:12 AM

Thanks for the tag. I’l go mull over my responses now.

Naty said:
    July 21, 2017 at 2:11 AM

Great answers! I love this tag.

hsimone said:
    July 21, 2017 at 8:33 AM

Great answers! Definitely anyone from The Hunger Games would fit into some of those categories! I love how you picked Rue for a strong girl of color. She was the best!

Thank you for the tag! I’m excited to try! I have a few girls in mind. 🙂

July 21, 2017 at 8:41 AM

Great choices!

shalini said:
    July 22, 2017 at 9:29 AM

Haven’t read any of those books except Harry Potter series

Ann said:
    July 23, 2017 at 2:01 PM

I’ve actually done the tag already but thanks for tagging me! You can check out my answers here: https://annthebookmaster.wordpress.com/2017/06/25/fight-like-a-ya-girl-book-tag/
    I think all the characters from The Hunger Games could literally be the answer for every single question. I don’t know if you would be into this DC Icon/superhero series that is coming out soon but in August, Leigh Bardugo is releasing a Wonder Women book. For some reason, I get the sense that you might enjoy checking that out!

July 23, 2017 at 3:25 PM

Cool, checked it out! Should have verified first before tagging you!

It sounds worth checking out, but I fully admit, I don’t know all my superheroes all that well!

Ann said:
        July 24, 2017 at 11:03 AM

Don’t worry – I don’t know my superheroes that well either!