1. Find a Book on your shelves or e-reader with a blue cover. What made you want to pick up this book?
It’s the third in a trilogy that I adore, but I’ve got some ARCs and buddy reads due soon. I won’t get to it for another month. Sad.
2. Think of a book you didn’t expect to enjoy, but did. Why did you read it in the first place?
The Book Thief is about the Holocaust, which is a tough subject for me to read. I kept saying no to by book club, but they were relentless, so I had to give in. It’s not in my top ten favorite books. Lessons learned. Trust your fellow book buddies who know you well.
3. Stand in front of your bookshelf with your eyes closed and pick a book at random. How did you discover this book?
So many fellow Goodreaders were talking about it. Then I saw it on the bookshelf in the library of my apartment building. I snatched it up and plan to read it later this year.
4. Pick a book that someone personally recommended to you. What did you think of it?
Recommended as a buddy read with Medhat, a buddy from Goodreads. I loved it. Now we’re doing a buddy read this week on its sequel, Hidden Bodies.
5. Pick a book that you discovered through YouTube / Book blogs. Did it live up to the hype?
Beartown definitely lived up to the hype. It’s an amazing and powerful book that will absolutely rock your core to the point where you scream at the characters and the way people behave.
6. Find a book on your shelves or e-reader with a one-word title. What drew you to this book?
7. What book did you discover through a film / TV adaptation?
I hadn’t realized this was a book first when I watched the movie many years ago. I wish I had read it first…
8. Think of your all-time favorite book/s. When did you read these and why did you pick them up in the first place?
I read this in middle school and enjoyed it, but then I read it a few more times afterwards, which is where I found a love for the characters, messages and setting. It is nearly unmatched in my opinion…
I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. Once you hit my site “ThisIsMyTruthNow” at https://thisismytruthnow.com, you can join the fun and see my blog and various site content. You’ll find book reviews, published and in-progress fiction, TV/Film reviews, favorite vacation spots and my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge.” Since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life… see how you compare! Feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Tell me what you think. Note: All content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.