Many thanks to Nel @ Reactionary Tales for being an absolutely amazing and fantastic blogger and friend, as well as nominating me for this award. Her daily post is always something extremely valuable to read, and I hope you will check it out. Above and beyond the posts, she and I chat offline and have begun building a friendship, so I know she’s worth checking out. Go see what you can find on her site right now!!!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
- I’ve shared versions of this story before, but I’m going to tell it from a different perspective this time. Most people who follow me know me as the Crazy Book Reviewer and 365 Daily Challenge Poster. Both are true and also the reasons I begun writing part of my blog. There is a third reason, perhaps one not as well known as the others…
- Jay fell in love with creating stories when he was a young boy in the
1830s 1920s1980s. Some days, I no longer remember due to his creativity taking him all over the world and all throughout history. He was an only-child who spent all his time inside his own head, which made it easier to create life for others without worrying about being judged. By the time he went to college, he’d decided that he wanted to become an author, but he let go of that dream for nearly twenty years to focus on building a career and earning money. All that changed last year when he left the corporate life, deciding it was finally time he became a published author.
- I’ve written an entire novel which I’m currently shopping with literary agents and independent publishers. I’ve started 4 other novels, all with at least 4 chapters and a full outline. Last week, I began the next novel I plan to remain focused on… completing the first chapter earlier today. Writing is in my blood and in my soul. Becoming an author is what I want because it’s who I am. When I set my mind on a challenge, I have and will always succeed.
- I built a few websites to get to know the world, to let the world hear my voice and know my style. While my blog is much more free-form, my novels are well-structured, full of complex plots, contain beautiful settings and challenging characters. I want to share my stories with you along this journey as I connect with friends, fans and followers across all social media platforms. This website is one of those, but I hope to build many more. I hope you’ll join me and help me navigate towards the future I know has already been destined for me.
- Two other sites includes:
- First piece of advice:
- Always be honest in your writing. Admit when you’ve made a mistake. Acknowledge when you missed something critical. Learn to laugh at your failures. Find a way to take each moment and extend that growth into the next moment. Your imagination will help deliver you where you need to be. Just put the words out there and worry about the editing process a few days later. If you don’t start it, you will never end it.
- My second piece of advice:
- Engage with everyone. Find something you like about a person and connect with them. You never know what (s)he could bring to your life or you could bring to his or hers. Nothing exists without people sharing communication, and if you are a roadblock or unwilling to open yourself up, you won’t be able to succeed in the way you are meant to do so. The only person who holds you back is you, so remove that obstacle and your chances have already improved.
About Me & the “365 Daily Challenge”
I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.
The goal: Knowledge. Acceptance. Understanding. Optimization. Happiness. Help. For myself. For others. And if all else fails, humor. When I’m finished in one year, I hope to have more answers about the future and what I will do with the remainder of my life. All aspects to be considered. It’s not just about a career, hobbies, residence, activities, efforts, et al. It’s meant to be a comprehensive study and reflection from an ordinary man. Not a doctor. Not a therapist. Not a friend. Not an encyclopedia full of prior research. Just pure thought, a blogged journal with true honesty.
Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.