AWARD: Sunshine Blogger #6

Many thanks to Mischenko (Jenn) @ ReadRantRock&Roll for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. It was called #2, but it’s the sixth time I’ve been nominated for the award, so I’m not sure what to do except say how much I adore Jenn and her blog. You must go visit her site via the link above.

sunshine

What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?

The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.

How Does It Work:

• Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
  • Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
  • Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
  • List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog

Mischenko’s Questions For Me

• Is there something you can tell readers about yourself and your blog?
    • I am a writer and a reader. My almost 1-year old site is divided into several areas, including:
      • 365 Daily Challenge – Inspiration & Revealing daily posting challenge
      • Book Reviews – Over 500 completed
      • Tags / Awards – Over 75 fun personal quizzes and nominations
      • Miscellaneous – Author Spotlights, Book/Age/Genre Recommendations
      • Creative Writing
        • Novel: Father Figure
        • Novel: Watching a Glass Shatter
        • 2 mystery fiction novel overviews – draft form
        • Short Stories
        • Poems
  • What satisfaction do you get from blogging?
    • Seeing other people happy or inspired
    • Mentoring, guiding or teaching other people
    • Sharing book ideas
    • Making new online friends and hopefully a few I could meet up with
  • How do you bring traffic to your blog?
    • I post through WordPress but interface to lots of other places
    • I’m on tons of social media sites and I try to spend a few minutes on each one every day interacting with everyone who follows me or comments on my posts
    • I read a few posts from everyone I follow at some point during the week and try to interact as much as I can
    • You can find me and follow me at:
  • What’s something that you’d like to improve on this year?
    • Time Management: I feel like I am all over the place and not able to interact with people as much as I’d like to… so I need to organize my day enough to have time for everything each week.
  • How do you get motivated to blog?
    • I think about the benefits I bring to others and the opportunity to build connections across the world. And then I think about which topics mean the most to me so that I can offer quality, quantity and inspiration.
  • Do you have any favorite books this year?
    • I have read 60 books so far, and the highest rating I gave was a 4.5 out of 5 stars to:
    • bear.jpg
  • Are there any songs you’re into right now, or music artists?
    • I am a radio guy. I tend to just listen to a pop or rock station and enjoy whatever comes on!
  • What do you like to do with your spare time?
    • There is no such thing. It all goes to reading, writing, networking, gardening, TV, friends and family. But if I had it, I would hide in a corner and sleep.
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    • I would like to be a published author with 5 books available for readers. I’d like to see 1 of the 5 being considered for a TV series or movie. I’d like to be a known quantity in the publishing industry working with other writers, including prominent authors, well-known authors, new/indie authors and those hoping to get published. I always try to give back as much as I’ve learned along the path to achieving my goals.
  • If you could choose ONLY 5 subjects to read on other blogs, what would they be? (Books, music, film, health, etc.)
    • Book Reviews
    • Monthly Update Posts
    • Humorous & Personal Life Stories
    • Inspirational Messages
    • Photos of Life Experiences
  • Do you make money from your blog? If not, do you have plans to try in the future?
    • Nope. I wouldn’t know how to begin… I would want to personally approve any message or ad I earned money for, and that seems rather tedious.

_____________________________________________________________________

My Nominees:

Note: Since I’ve been nominated a few times before, I am only picking three new people for this award.

_________________________________________________________________________________

My Questions for the Nominees:

1. What are all your social media links?
  2. What is your blog about?
  3. What prompted the start of your blog?
  4. What is your profession?
  5. Where you spend your free time?
  6. Do you have any pets?
  7. What are your 1 and 3 year goals?
  8. What part of the world do you live in?
  9. What TV shows do you watch?
  10. Who has inspired you the most in your life?
  11. What is your favorite vacation spot?

______________________________________________________________________

Questions Mischenko Answered – Get To Know Her!

What is your ideal vacation?

I love just chillaxing wherever I am. I love being at home, hanging out at the beach, and being out in nature. Ideal is doing what I like and being where I want to be.

giphy (1).gif

What do you love about yourself?

I’m told that I’m creative and I love that. When I make something and someone says, “Wow, you made that?”, It makes me feel awesome.

What do wish you could change about yourself?

There are actually a few things, but I would choose becoming more self-confident as my first choice.

source

What book are you reading now?

I’m reading Marcel Malone by Lew Watts and Beauty and the Beast by Vivienne Savage (audible).

31298354       34185786.jpg

What keeps you blogging?

What keeps me blogging? That’s a hard one. I’m going to say interacting with people. I love learning about others. I’m going to mention a few specific people here that inspire me to continue blogging and that’s my mom (Starjustin), James, Nel, Stephanie, Vanessa, Claire, Noriko, Mohamad, Kim, Lana, Dani, Jo-Ann, Robin, Jennifer C, Dave, Donna, Misty, Kim, Christina, Anthony, MoJo and the list goes on. I also appreciate the authors that take the time out of their busy schedules to do Q&A’s with me,  I love that. I’ve learned so much and met some awesome people. That’s why I keep blogging.

You are having a relaxing evening.  What are you doing?

Either hanging with my family, having some tea while wrapped up in a good book, or simply listening to some great music.

Do you have pets?

Yes, I have two border collies and a ton of outdoor cats. I love animals, and I wish I could give every single animal in the world a good life. Here are a few pics…

20170521_140252.jpg

Winston and Cynder

20170709_092928.jpg

Rambo The Wise

20170621_053231.jpg

We had 13 kittens in April.  I’ll do a post on them soon…

Favourite pizza toppings?

I try not to eat meat or pizza in general, but I’ll say Sausage, Pepperoni, Onion, and Banana Pepper.

Coffee, tea or wine or other?

Organic decaf coffee and I love tea as well. Pukka and Yogi are my favorite tea brands.

What is your favourite season?

Definitely fall and winter. I don’t deal well with the summer heat and look forward to harvest time and Christmas.

giphy (2).gif

What is your favourite book genre?

I absolutely love memoirs and non-fiction in general. I love learning about people and their pasts, and what they’re doing with their lives.

40 thoughts on “AWARD: Sunshine Blogger #6

July 25, 2017 at 7:08 PM

Congratulations! The number of awards & Tags you have been nominated/tagged goes to show how amazing/awesome you are! Great answers 🙂

July 25, 2017 at 7:09 PM

Thank so very much, Noriko. I think you have almost the same amount from what I’ve seen lately! 🙂

July 25, 2017 at 7:13 PM

Come oh, Jay! I can never hold a candle to you! Never lol But thank you 🙂

Mama Cass said:
    July 25, 2017 at 7:25 PM

(Singing loudly and slightly off-key) did you ever know that you’re my heroooo?

July 25, 2017 at 8:01 PM

Wind beneath my wings!!!

Mama Cass said:
        July 25, 2017 at 8:10 PM

Very good! Bette so does that song justice. I was thinking of you yesterday when i was listening to an old 70’s cd and the theme from 1978s Superman came on. Can you name it?

July 25, 2017 at 8:12 PM

Sadly no. 😦

Mama Cass said:
        July 25, 2017 at 8:17 PM

It’s ok. Only a sap like me would. It’s called “Can you read my mind” and sung by the lovely Maureen McGovern. In the movie however, Margot kidder sings it (in her head) to Superman

July 25, 2017 at 8:25 PM

I might need to watch the movie. Never saw it! 😦

Mama Cass said:
        July 25, 2017 at 8:34 PM

It’s all good. I had such a crush on Chris Reeve back then.

July 25, 2017 at 8:35 PM

I do need to watch it.

Mama Cass said:
        July 25, 2017 at 8:35 PM

What’s your fave movie genre?

July 25, 2017 at 8:36 PM

Thriller or suspense. Sometimes historical fiction.

July 25, 2017 at 8:36 PM

And you?

Mama Cass said:
        July 25, 2017 at 8:38 PM

Supernatural and psychological mostly. Some documentaries. Straight romance is the only I can’t stand. Big Eden is a fave

July 25, 2017 at 9:17 PM

Wow, you really are the social media king! I was amazed by that. I recently saw Bloglovin, but need to look I to that one more. Talk about inspiration! I just loved all your answers and I hope everything you want to achieve in 5 years comes true for you. I find it all so amazing, James. Really! 💗 Thanks for reposting my questions too, that was sweet. Have a great night!

July 25, 2017 at 9:36 PM

I don’t know about king… I am figuring it all out as I go. Thank you for the nomination! I have one more to do from you this week, but might take a few days. 🙂 Thank you for the best wishes. I need to get my time management under control so I can balance it all more easily. I am glad to re-post – everyone should know you too! Sleep well.

July 25, 2017 at 9:47 PM

Time management is a big one for me as well. I’m falling behind, but I’d rather have more to do than not enough I suppose. 🙂 I’m just amazed at all your social media! It inspires me because at this point, I just have Twitter. 😉

July 25, 2017 at 9:50 PM

You’ve got kids!!! I have less people I have to take care of… that’s the only reason I can spend more time on this stuff.

July 25, 2017 at 9:57 PM

True, but I’m still amazed, lol. 🙂

BeaFreitas said:
    July 25, 2017 at 9:46 PM

Ahhh those dogs!! Love that you enjoy making people happy and inspired. Great post and congratulations !!

July 25, 2017 at 9:52 PM

I appreciate it, thank you. The dogs are awesome. Those are Mischenko’s. I included her original post. You should check out her site if you haven’t met her. She’s great!

July 25, 2017 at 11:02 PM

how are you handling all those social media channels? 😳
    i only use instagram and wordpress and twitter from time to time. and that already seems like a lot of work 😅

Trisy @ Bobo's Book Bank said:
    July 25, 2017 at 11:37 PM

Holy wow…you’re a busy bee!! Good job!🐝🐝

PoojaG said:
    July 26, 2017 at 7:10 AM

Congratulations! You’re pets are so insanely adorable!!

July 26, 2017 at 7:13 AM

Ryder is mine but the other group photo are Mischenko’s. I included her responses too. Very adorable!

PoojaG said:
        July 26, 2017 at 7:32 AM

Incredibly adorable! Pets make me so happy!

hsimone said:
    July 26, 2017 at 10:09 AM

Congratulations! Thank you so much for the nomination! I also need to improve on time management for sure. Thank you for sharing all of your social media. Is your first novel a published one? I would like to check it out!

July 26, 2017 at 11:47 AM

Thank you. I appreciate it. I’ll look for you on other sites now if you’re on SM too. 🙂

It is not published yet. I am working with an agent and publisher now and hope to have good news in the next month! Hope… it may not work tho. We’ll see!

hsimone said:
        July 26, 2017 at 12:03 PM

Yes, I am some social media sites. Not as much as you, but some, lol 🙂

Sounds good! Your posts are engaging and creative, so I can imagine that your book would be, too. Good luck!

July 26, 2017 at 12:04 PM

Thanks! I have 3 chapters on my website.
        We shall meet up on one of those sites at some point!

hsimone said:
        July 26, 2017 at 2:12 PM

Oh cool! I’ll have to read through it.
        Yes, we shall meet up on one of those at some point! 🙂

July 26, 2017 at 3:36 PM

Thanks. Would love any feedback if you have it. I have edits I’ve made already that’s going to the version with the publisher, but still room for more.

hsimone said:
        July 27, 2017 at 3:51 AM

I’m afraid there’s always room for improvement, lol, but I’m sure it’s great! 🙂

delphinethebabbler said:
    July 26, 2017 at 10:37 AM

Congrats on yet another nomination James!
    And thank you so much for nominating me these questions look like loads of fun I look forward to starting on them soon!
    OMG, same here, my time management skills have been on an all time low this summer. I tend to just go with the flow and never bother to pay attention to the time – hence the reason I’m always late to just about anything and everything! *eek*

July 26, 2017 at 11:49 AM

Thank you. I appreciate it. Have fun with this one. 🙂

I’m hoping to have this time management thing back under control in a few weeks. Boxing myself in for max times on each social media account and blog post! LOL