365 Challenge: Day 136 – Brief

Brief: of short duration, a concise statement or summary

brief.jpg

As today’s word suggests, today’s post will be a bit more brief than usual. Although the poll has a few more hours before I close it, over 90% of the responses indicated I should feel free to adjust the content or approach in the 365 Daily posts, as long as I retain the same voice and message. I may be writing a bit shorter posts, so that I can also focus on writing my novel, but I still want them to be a valuable part of your day.

We’re going to start out this one with a laugh. After following my routine of choosing the word, I conduct a Google search for images that have the word within their contents. For some reason, the word ‘brief’ did not conjure up cute cartoon word art or memes with a funny picture of the word. Instead, it brought up hundreds of men wearing briefs followed by several wearing briefs that were missing some of their fabric, as in the entire part that’s supposed to cover your ass, or wearing no briefs at all. I was mildly interested amused salivating curious surprised and spent a second minute hour looking for what I needed. I was tempted to use the first picture in the returned list as my post’s featured image, but then I realized it might give everyone the wrong impression. So… sorry to say… no guys in skimpy bathing suits or underwear for you today. Just me and some brief words hopefully worth sharing.

2brief.jpg

For a brief moment this morning, I had caught up on most of the outstanding items on my plate, such that I could focus on writing for a solid 6 hours today. It felt great. By lunch, I checked my phone to see what messages I had missed. Those were not brief. Those were plentiful but encouraging. Two hours later, I lost track of how much time had passed. How do you all do it? What I thought might be a brief break to look at a few sites turned into hours of reading and responding. No writing. OK, so I put my phone on a hiatus for a few hours and continued writing. I never stopped for the gym when I should have at 4pm. I’ll punish myself later with no liquor allowed at or after dinner. It’ll be a rough night, folks. No telling what will turn out this evening.

But I quit by 5:15 and said, I’ll do a brief check of social media before I clean up and figure out what to make for dinner. All the posts I’d written last night had now been published, giving me a whole new round of responses to review.

*** I swear it’s like rabbits. I’ve got a herd of hares humping in my hard-drive and heaven better help me before they hippity-hop into my head. ***

briefeif.png

I might be losing my mind this week, which is why I’ve opted for a brief post for tomorrow’s 365 Daily Challenge. Brief because:

• Sometimes our minds are tapped out.
  • Our energy levels are normal instead of the usual bonkers which is required to actually do everything I need to do.
  • Your head’s spinning trying to decide:
    • write?
    • read?
    • post?
    • tag?
    • award?
    • which social media tool?
    • what agent?
    • how many words today?
    • did you pay the bills?
    • Ryder, stop throwing your hedgehog on the table at me while I’m working.
    • Yes, I would like a nap.
    • The voices are getting stronger in my head.

And with that said, I hope you all enjoyed this moment of schizophrenia I am sharing. Because if I have to live with this crazy today (all good stuff), I’m sharing it with everyone that matters on my blog.

So there you have it. A few last thoughts of what you’ve seen just now:

1. A brief glimpse into a man losing his mind — please call help
  2. A brief interlude between my sanity and my insanity — but seriously I’m fine
  3. A brief post to meet the 365 Daily Challenge goal — it feels good to be done today
  4. A brief moment of laughter in your day while reading this post — at least I hope so
  5. A brief step away from the norm — we all need one
  6. A brief update on the “Adjustable” poll — thanks for telling me to do whatever I want in these posts
  7. A brief morsel of knowledge — never Google this word unless you’re searching for something a tad bit R or even X rated
  8. A brief story — didn’t you just love my little “H” themed rabbit moment – HILARIOUS
  9. A brief apology — for not producing high quality content today
  10. A brief pair of underwear — despite denying I’d include a picture of them

briefefeef.jpg

Question: Why do they call them a “pair” of briefs? And another question, an even more important one, … who would wear something like this? I’ve heard of Granny Panties for women before, but what do you call these other than Tighty Whities? I wouldn’t be caught dead in them. Everyone needs to have a good pair of underwear or we can’t be friends anymore. I prefer boxer briefs. And I’ll leave you on that note. Happy Briefs!

RECOMMENDED BLOGGER

• Today’s 365 Daily Challenge recommended blogger to know is The Orangutan Library. First thing to say — there is absolutely no link between the 365 Daily Challenge word and the Recommended Blogger of the day. I’ve pre-planned the bloggers through mid-August, and sometimes it’s just gonna happen where the selections are a bit amusing and disconnected. But… where there is a small connection… is in that we met 3 months ago, briefly chatting over a few different book reviews and TV shows, ranging from Shakespeare to Pretty Little Liars… From there, we covered various apes and gorillas to the 365 Daily Challenge words, and how both applied to each of us. But after all the tags we’ve done together and a few shared awards, we’ve built a fun rapport throughout our posts and comments back and forth. The site library is great, with tons of feedback and full of new ideas. Great art work and graphics. A load of humorous links. If you don’t believe me, check out the below blurb from the About Me section and then go visit the site yourself:
    • “I bet you are all surprised to see that an orang-utan can manage to use a keyboard, let alone run a blog about books. Well, prepare to be amazed, because I’ve barely got started yet. Ok enough aping around. Please insert the usual disclaimer about all opinions being my own here. Also try not to take offence at any of my brutally honest opinions. Yada yada yada, etcetera etcetera.  So without further ado (*drumroll please*) I hereby declare this virtual library open. And yes, for all you Terry Pratchett fans out there, the title is a nod to the Librarian. Just getting into the Discworld and becoming a massive fan… so stay tuned for more!”

51 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 136 – Brief

July 26, 2017 at 7:21 AM

LOL Okay this post was very entertaining and I’m going to answer your question because this woman may or may not have asked her husband this question before. They’re called briefs because they’re made of elastic and fit snugly around your man bits vs. boxers that just have an elastic waistband and have a more loose fit. Boxer briefs are a hybrid of the two because they’re snug but they the length of a boxer vs. briefs. You don’t call them anything else but tighty whities unless you want to say granny panties for men. I agree that everyone should have a few good pairs of underwear. Hahahahaha thanks for the laugh James.

July 26, 2017 at 7:39 AM

I’m so glad you laughed. I re-read it again this morning and thought to myself, “what were you thinking?” LOL Very delicate summary of the different underwear types, too. Nice!

July 26, 2017 at 7:40 AM

Hey when the words flow, they flow and this was fantastic! Hahahaha

July 26, 2017 at 7:52 AM

Dying here… the question of the day is going to be fantastic!

janieleeds said:
    July 26, 2017 at 7:57 AM

Brief post – pun intended! But it was great! Thanks for the morning giggle!

July 26, 2017 at 8:01 AM

Glad it turned out to be funny! I was worried. Have a good day!

superwifeandmummy said:
    July 26, 2017 at 7:59 AM

They’re also called Y-fronts here in England and honestly – I couldn’t tell you who wears them! 1990s Marky Mark?

July 26, 2017 at 8:02 AM

Never heard of that term, love learning something new about underwear! 🙂

hmmm… those were good years for him.

superwifeandmummy said:
        July 26, 2017 at 8:06 AM

That’s funny – it’s such a common term over here and a widley mocked one at that!
        Those indeed were good years. Ah…the 90s 😍

July 26, 2017 at 8:08 AM

and then there were the 80s!

superwifeandmummy said:
        July 26, 2017 at 8:08 AM

Yes, slightly less cool, infinitely more tragic!

July 26, 2017 at 8:09 AM

i did enjoy my red Cavariccis? no clue how to spell the name of those pants. LOL

superwifeandmummy said:
        July 26, 2017 at 8:09 AM

😂😂😂Omg, I don’t even know what they are! !

July 26, 2017 at 9:45 AM

😂😂😂 It’s 15 to midnight in Japan and this is the last post I read before going to bed… and now the image of briefs stuck in my mind…It’s your fault, Jay!! 😂😂😂 Quite an entertaining post though! Lol

July 26, 2017 at 11:37 AM

I’m so glad I could amuse… can’t wait to hear your dreams — or nightmares!

July 26, 2017 at 3:21 PM

Morning/ evening🌤🌙 I slept like a baby; didn’t even have a dream! 😂😂😂

July 26, 2017 at 3:37 PM

Good!

July 26, 2017 at 11:25 AM

You’ve made this good girl want to google the word briefs 🙂 Nicely done.

Stephanie said:
    July 26, 2017 at 3:31 PM

Very entertaining post! LOL! I’m cracking up and my kids think I have lost it! I had to share with my 19 yr old who said, no way would he wear briefs although I apparently tortured him with them until middle school! Hahaha! Now I have thoughts of nothing but briefs in my head…and am tempted to google the word, which I just might to see what pops up! I’m hoping it’s just underwear advertisements or Calvin Klein ads..hmmm… I can always count on you to make me laugh 🙂

July 26, 2017 at 3:38 PM

I’m so glad I made you laugh. I can do briefs if the shape is decent. Not the tighty whitey kind. Boxer briefs are much more comfortable and loose. Boxers are awful. But you don’t need to hear about it from me. Hope you keep laughing today!

Stephanie said:
        July 26, 2017 at 3:50 PM

Lol, it’s fine! You’re only telling me what me boys and husband say! I feel weird going to Target at times with a cart full of boxer briefs lol. Thanks!! I hope I do too 😂❤

July 26, 2017 at 3:50 PM

You do… especially with that last comment!

Stephanie said:
        July 26, 2017 at 3:54 PM

Maybe I’m too happy lol. Or punch drunk. I’m not sure….

July 26, 2017 at 3:34 PM

I will admit to be quite disappointed you didn’t go with those pictures, I think we could have started a mutual admiration society all in the name of the 365 project! 😉

The glimpse into your brain was very similar to what a glimpse into my brain looks like! I’m a scrbled mess, “spend an hour doing this on the blog then it’s focused writing all day, ah it’s 4pm already how did that happen?” 😣

July 26, 2017 at 3:42 PM

We can blame 365 on a lot! That takes the pressure off everyone, maybe even me, if we have tons of guys in short shorts dancing around. HA!

4pm is by new hated hour… As that’s when I try to stop so I can hit the gym, run errands, get groceries. Ugh. I need 48 hours in a day, but 24 of them awake with no one else knowing or able to do anything!!!

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    July 26, 2017 at 4:11 PM

hehehehe all your underwear questions made me laugh- can’t say I know the answer to them 😉 And thank you so much for the mention!! 😀 I love how you linked it to the word!! 😉

Valerie @ Valerie's Musings said:
    July 26, 2017 at 7:50 PM

LOL – I dang near really LOL’d at work, so nice job. Hehe. Great post. Some of us wouldn’t have minded seeing some of those pictures that first came up. 😉

July 26, 2017 at 8:21 PM

Excellent. I sometimes find a good groove and actually have a funny post! Maybe I will post a few in an upcoming post. 🙂

Christy B said:
    July 26, 2017 at 10:18 PM

Well now I’m totally thinking about underwear! And it’s all your fault, haha 🙂

July 27, 2017 at 7:38 AM

Just..LOL. hilarious post, James! I loved your thoughts too. Ryder ❤

Run Wright said:
    July 27, 2017 at 9:19 PM

Blogging everyday can be quite the challenge but you’re doing well at it.

Yoly said:
    July 28, 2017 at 7:03 PM

Looking forward to reading your post. 😉

July 28, 2017 at 8:05 PM

Best post ever!

MoJo said:
    July 29, 2017 at 12:23 AM

You could call those man panties. Makes tighty whities sound better, doesn’t it? 😉