Brief: of short duration, a concise statement or summary
As today’s word suggests, today’s post will be a bit more brief than usual. Although the poll has a few more hours before I close it, over 90% of the responses indicated I should feel free to adjust the content or approach in the 365 Daily posts, as long as I retain the same voice and message. I may be writing a bit shorter posts, so that I can also focus on writing my novel, but I still want them to be a valuable part of your day.
We’re going to start out this one with a laugh. After following my routine of choosing the word, I conduct a Google search for images that have the word within their contents. For some reason, the word ‘brief’ did not conjure up cute cartoon word art or memes with a funny picture of the word. Instead, it brought up hundreds of men wearing briefs followed by several wearing briefs that were missing some of their fabric, as in the entire part that’s supposed to cover your ass, or wearing no briefs at all. I was mildly
interested amused salivating curious surprised and spent a second minute hour looking for what I needed. I was tempted to use the first picture in the returned list as my post’s featured image, but then I realized it might give everyone the wrong impression. So… sorry to say… no guys in skimpy bathing suits or underwear for you today. Just me and some brief words hopefully worth sharing.
For a brief moment this morning, I had caught up on most of the outstanding items on my plate, such that I could focus on writing for a solid 6 hours today. It felt great. By lunch, I checked my phone to see what messages I had missed. Those were not brief. Those were plentiful but encouraging. Two hours later, I lost track of how much time had passed. How do you all do it? What I thought might be a brief break to look at a few sites turned into hours of reading and responding. No writing. OK, so I put my phone on a hiatus for a few hours and continued writing. I never stopped for the gym when I should have at 4pm. I’ll punish myself later with no liquor allowed at or after dinner. It’ll be a rough night, folks. No telling what will turn out this evening.
But I quit by 5:15 and said, I’ll do a brief check of social media before I clean up and figure out what to make for dinner. All the posts I’d written last night had now been published, giving me a whole new round of responses to review.
*** I swear it’s like rabbits. I’ve got a herd of hares humping in my hard-drive and heaven better help me before they hippity-hop into my head. ***
I might be losing my mind this week, which is why I’ve opted for a brief post for tomorrow’s 365 Daily Challenge. Brief because:
- Sometimes our minds are tapped out.
- Our energy levels are normal instead of the usual bonkers which is required to actually do everything I need to do.
- Your head’s spinning trying to decide:
- which social media tool?
- what agent?
- how many words today?
- did you pay the bills?
- Ryder, stop throwing your hedgehog on the table at me while I’m working.
- Yes, I would like a nap.
- The voices are getting stronger in my head.
And with that said, I hope you all enjoyed this moment of schizophrenia I am sharing. Because if I have to live with this crazy today (all good stuff), I’m sharing it with everyone that matters on my blog.
So there you have it. A few last thoughts of what you’ve seen just now:
- A brief glimpse into a man losing his mind — please call help
- A brief interlude between my sanity and my insanity — but seriously I’m fine
- A brief post to meet the 365 Daily Challenge goal — it feels good to be done today
- A brief moment of laughter in your day while reading this post — at least I hope so
- A brief step away from the norm — we all need one
- A brief update on the “Adjustable” poll — thanks for telling me to do whatever I want in these posts
- A brief morsel of knowledge — never Google this word unless you’re searching for something a tad bit R or even X rated
- A brief story — didn’t you just love my little “H” themed rabbit moment – HILARIOUS
- A brief apology — for not producing high quality content today
- A brief pair of underwear — despite denying I’d include a picture of them
Question: Why do they call them a “pair” of briefs? And another question, an even more important one, … who would wear something like this? I’ve heard of Granny Panties for women before, but what do you call these other than Tighty Whities? I wouldn’t be caught dead in them. Everyone needs to have a good pair of underwear or we can’t be friends anymore. I prefer boxer briefs. And I’ll leave you on that note. Happy Briefs!
- Today’s 365 Daily Challenge recommended blogger to know is The Orangutan Library. First thing to say — there is absolutely no link between the 365 Daily Challenge word and the Recommended Blogger of the day. I’ve pre-planned the bloggers through mid-August, and sometimes it’s just gonna happen where the selections are a bit amusing and disconnected. But… where there is a small connection… is in that we met 3 months ago, briefly chatting over a few different book reviews and TV shows, ranging from Shakespeare to Pretty Little Liars… From there, we covered various apes and gorillas to the 365 Daily Challenge words, and how both applied to each of us. But after all the tags we’ve done together and a few shared awards, we’ve built a fun rapport throughout our posts and comments back and forth. The
sitelibrary is great, with tons of feedback and full of new ideas. Great art work and graphics. A load of humorous links. If you don’t believe me, check out the below blurb from the About Me section and then go visit the site yourself:
- “I bet you are all surprised to see that an orang-utan can manage to use a keyboard, let alone run a blog about books. Well, prepare to be amazed, because I’ve barely got started yet. Ok enough aping around. Please insert the usual disclaimer about all opinions being my own here. Also try not to take offence at any of my brutally honest opinions. Yada yada yada, etcetera etcetera. So without further ado (*drumroll please*) I hereby declare this virtual library open. And yes, for all you Terry Pratchett fans out there, the title is a nod to the Librarian. Just getting into the Discworld and becoming a massive fan… so stay tuned for more!”
About Me & the “365 Daily Challenge”
I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.
The goal: Knowledge. Acceptance. Understanding. Optimization. Happiness. Help. For myself. For others. And if all else fails, humor. When I’m finished in one year, I hope to have more answers about the future and what I will do with the remainder of my life. All aspects to be considered. It’s not just about a career, hobbies, residence, activities, efforts, et al. It’s meant to be a comprehensive study and reflection from an ordinary man. Not a doctor. Not a therapist. Not a friend. Not an encyclopedia full of prior research. Just pure thought, a blogged journal with true honesty.
Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.