TAG: I’m a Rock Star

Many thanks to Claire @ BrizzleLass Books for tagging me on this cool tag. She chose to torture me with this one, as I have no musical talent whatsoever, which means my answers will be an epic failure. But I don’t back away from challenges, so all I can say is… if you are reading this, as a favor, please torture Claire with tons of new follows that cause her hours of time learning about and meeting new people. 🙂  ‘Cause she deserves it for being a… really cool friend from the UK who I seem to share a lot in common with!

What is the name of your band, or if you are a solo artist, your stage name (example: Lady Ga Ga, Snoop Dog, Puddles the Clown, etc…)?

• Duality of Conflict, as I am two people inside of one, trying to merge them into someone sane that others find interesting and amusing. Is it working? La La La, La La LAAAAA

What genre or style of music are you known for?

• Nothing. I am quite eclectic in my music taste. In a matter of 30 minutes, I’ll listen to Dolly Parton’s Hard Candy Christmas, Lady Gaga’s Alejandro, Chicago, Usher, Pink, Les Mis, and Snoop Dogg. I tend to listen to lots of varied artists!

What instrument do you play or are you the lead singer?

• I play this really cool instrument called silence. I am amazing at this particular one. Very few people can play it as well as I can. So much so, I’m actually famous for being able to play silence better than anyone. Let’s test that out right now. 3, 2, 1…

<< Oh, are you still there? This is me playing my instrument…. La La La, La La La… >>

If you could be the opening act for any band currently touring who would it be?

• Hmmm… I’d like to meet Adam Levine from Maroon 5, so I suppose that would be a good opportunity. Who wouldn’t? There’s nothing wrong in the picture below. The open shirt. The tattoos. The facial hair. The chain. The low-slung jeans. The flawless skin. The ripples. The dark expression. Oh… I can’t. Just can’t.

levine.jpg

I mean seriously… I have to stop looking at this right now so I can finish the post.

Who would you name as your musical inspiration? This person can be currently breathing, or not.

• I am tone deaf, so I have a feeling anyone I chose would sound offensive. I’ll bow out of this question and say “Isn’t (s)he so cool?”

What special item do you ask for in your dressing room on a tour contract rider?

• Air conditioning. Everywhere. Even if the temperature is under 60 degrees. Being cold is better than hot anytime!

What item from home do you pack in your suitcase to take on tour?

• Laptop. Must be able to write. And I’ll follow Claire’s lead and select a second item: Dark Chocolate. I’ll do anything for it. ANYTHING. Do you hear me, Adam?

choco.jpg

What does your stage attire look like?

• If I had to answer this question honestly… if that were my profession… I’d be in the gym a bit more… and I’d be shirtless and in a pair of gym shorts. No shoes. Totally comfy and relaxed. Just chillin’ on stage as though the entire world was having fun. Except me, cause I’d be singing, and I can’t do that, so bad that people run.

What backstage nickname have the roadies given you based on your personality?

• Mystery Man

Every successful rockstar has a special charity. What’s yours?

• Pet Care — want to take care of them all!

What is the title of your memoir going to be?

• No One Ever Knew (he was so awesome)

Note: I’m being funny here. I really do not have an ego at all.

Nominations

I have nominated thee below but this isn’t book related and I haven’t a clue if all of you are into music so please don’t feel obligated!

1. https://www.asimplyenchantedlife.com/abiding-mercy/
  2. https://aspentreesbookreviews.wordpress.com/2017/05/20/small-great-things-by-jodi-picoult/
  3. https://bookfiendsite.wordpress.com/2017/07/30/weekly-wrap-up-july-24th-30th/
  4. https://bobosbookbank.com/2017/02/01/read-again-e-shelf/
  5. https://valeriesmusings.com/2017/07/25/blog-tour-killer-party-review/

30 thoughts on “TAG: I’m a Rock Star

Harini@BooksandReaders said:
    July 30, 2017 at 9:36 PM

Pet care 💖💖 I like you so much already if you love animals 💖💖

roseelaineblog said:
    July 31, 2017 at 2:04 AM

You really wouldn’t make a good rock star ⭐️ but as a comedian you would be great 😉 brilliant answers to tough questions 👍

July 31, 2017 at 3:22 AM

Adam Levine is an interesting choice, now I know who to send you pictures of when you’re having a bad day at least. 😉 I have a track he did with Slash in one of my playlists that’s so good.
    Sorry to torture you, but I think you more than rose to the challenge! 😎

Elle said:
    July 31, 2017 at 4:46 AM

I feel really evil and horrible laughing at how you describe yourself in relation to music. (Sorry! :))
    I was actually quite interested to read about your answer for the instrument question and I honestly lost it at your explanation. 🙂 However though, interesting answers!

July 31, 2017 at 6:39 AM

You can totally laugh. I put it out there, so I can take the feedback. When it doesn’t fit, find a way! Thanks for commenting. 🙂

Elle said:
        July 31, 2017 at 7:30 AM

Oh dear, I realised that I might have phrased my second last sentence with a wrong intention. I meant that I lost my self control in keeping a straight face. (Not my interest, haha.) I hope you did not misunderstand!

July 31, 2017 at 7:43 AM

I totally took it as laughing at it, not at being bored. totally ok!

Kiersten said:
    July 31, 2017 at 7:14 AM

I think you were a little off key on that second La La La…introduce me to Adam when you get famous 😉

July 31, 2017 at 7:16 AM

I was… went totally flat. Shall try better next time! And most definitely, introductions seem fair for singing off key.

July 31, 2017 at 8:01 AM

You’re answers never fail to make me laugh. I want to nominate you for things with questions just to see how you answer them……

vinnieh said:
    July 31, 2017 at 8:16 AM

I love your answers man, you’d make a cool rock star. I bet everyone is grateful for that picture of Levine.

July 31, 2017 at 8:29 AM

thanks! i try. yes… it makes the day a bit easier to look at it.

vinnieh said:
        July 31, 2017 at 8:30 AM

Haha, I bet it does. I must admit, he’s a handsome dude.

inspirationpie said:
    July 31, 2017 at 10:07 AM

Haha! Totally love this tag, Jay! Great job…you are an entertainer, there’s no doubt!

Jo-Ann

July 31, 2017 at 11:38 AM

We just saw Adam Levine when he was singing with Queen. I got some really cool pictures 🙂

TAG I’m A Rock Star – Aspen Tree Book Reviews said:
    July 31, 2017 at 1:29 PM

[…] sweet funny friend Jay of James Cudney fame tagged me. If you don’t know him, you should check him out. Follow him, he loves it. I […]

iamdes said:
    August 2, 2017 at 1:09 PM

Ahhhh! Adam Levine!

TAG: I’m a Rock Star – Diary of a Bookfiend said:
    August 19, 2017 at 6:25 AM

[…] thanks to Jay@This-Is-My-Truth-Now for tagging me on this ‘I’m a Rock Star’ tag! Sorry it took me this long to do […]