365 Challenge: Day 149 – Brevity

Brevity: concise and exact use of words in writing or speech during shortness of time

brevity

Today’s post will be a simple one.

Sometimes you spend hours thinking about what you want to say or how to act in a certain situation, when all you need is minutes.

Trust in yourself. Know your strengths. Don’t put pressure where it doesn’t need to be.

Many good things happen when you least expect them to occur.

I have a few writing deadlines to meet today, and though the 365 Daily Challenge is in my top five priorities, it’s OK to express what’s on my mind through brevity.

It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have such amazing freedom to accomplish all the goals you dream of. And when you get close to one of them, fear might creep in.

Fear of success. Fear of failure. Fear of commitment. Fear of the unknown.

I’ve had all those thoughts recently. I often keep them to myself.

Today someone reminded me to relax and express all that was on my mind.

Brevity.

And that’s why this post is what it is today.

All is well. I am excited. I am nervous. And I hope things go the way I planned.

Thank you for listening.

Please take from this anything valuable.

Leave behind all that is not needed.

As we journey together in our posts and our thoughts towards the future, we support one another in a way others don’t always understand.

It’s a blog. It’s words. Yet you haven’t met those people.

Oh, but we have. We’ve shared a lot beneath the surface.

Similarities exist in ways one cannot always imagine.

If it’s not directly in front of you, are you always sure it’s there?

My brevity is just that.

Confirmation.

Go with what feels natural.

Happy Tuesday.

RECOMMENDED BLOGGER

• Today’s 365 Daily Challenge recommended blogger to know is Lana @ Life In Words & Lyrics. Lana and I connected about three months ago over a few movies I’d been posting reviews on: Dirty Dancing, Hidden Figures and Beauty & The Beast. We had a great time chatting about them, and she knows her TV shows and films. Then it progressed to a few books we had both read, like Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series; we may be fighting over Ranger and Joe, I’m not at liberty to discuss. But one day, we had some issues with WordPress and began trying to fix rampant widgets, which isn’t easy when she lives in Eastern Europe and I’m in the US. I thought she lived in the UK, but I got my “u” mixed up. I should have known better as my cousin lives in the same country as Lana. We tried to figure out how to work the Goodreads / WordPress book review integration, which no longer exists. Bah! Through it all, she’s been fun and hilarious to get to know. Full of sharp wit and humor, you will definitely enjoy chatting with her and checking out her site. Another friend of mine knows her well, too, so it’s no only me who thinks Lana’s great.  So please make your way over there and say hello to her! If you don’t believe me, check out the below blurb from her About Me section and then go visit the site yourself:
    • “I’m not really good at talking about myself and if you’re wondering why then I chose to have a blog, I’ll tell you I’m still figuring it out myself. Mostly it’s because of books. You see, I love books. I breathe books. If it was up to me I’d read all day every day, with breaks for food, sex, sleep and occasional night out with friends of course. My other passion in life is music and even though I can’t play an instrument to save my life, I can’t imagine spending a day without it. And as I read a book, I not only see a movie in my head, I hear a song. So here I will share my thoughts and snippets of “wisdom” (ha! as if) about the books on my shelves, and the songs playing on my playlist while I read them. You can also check out my reviews at Goodreads here.As I am also a tv-shows junkie, I will probably vent about some of my shows occasionally. Only when I feel like I can’t hold it in, I promise.”

45 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 149 – Brevity

August 8, 2017 at 8:47 AM

Simple, yet a strong post! Your emotions, excitement are heartfelt. Hope everything works out for you 🙂
    Happy Tuesday to you, too!

Patrick Dykie said:
    August 8, 2017 at 8:49 AM

Brevity – I hadn’t used that word before, but it fits. Sometimes, I’ll relax, let my mind drift, and write quick, concise thoughts down. I’ll then put them together at a later time into stories. Thanks for a reminder.

August 8, 2017 at 8:50 AM

Thanks. It felt like a good route today and rather than debate it in my head, I just typed for ten minutes and sent it. I appreciate the positive feedback!

August 8, 2017 at 8:53 AM

One of my favorites… 💚

August 8, 2017 at 9:11 AM

Beautiful words, James. “It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have such amazing freedom to accomplish all the goals you dream of.” I love this… 😉 Somehow I know you’re going to be just fine and it’s all going to pan out. Hugs ❤

inspirationpie said:
    August 8, 2017 at 9:38 AM

Ahhh…I have all of those fears! I think everyone does at some point, though! Deep breath and do you best. That’s been my mantra that gets me through.

Jo-Ann

TheReadersBay said:
    August 8, 2017 at 9:48 AM

There is nothing in this post, and yet there is everything! This is truly brevity. I’m going to go and write on this word in one of my diaries. Thankyou, James!

Lana (Sleepless in wherever) said:
    August 8, 2017 at 10:06 AM

Jay Jay Jay, you know we got you 🤗 You do your thing and write your stories, we’ll be here to give you a lift up whenever you need it

melaniemolewriter said:
    August 8, 2017 at 10:47 AM

I love the part where you say ”Trust in yourself. Know your strengths. Don’t put pressure where it doesn’t need to be”. We should all do more of that.Life would seem a lot better if we did.

August 8, 2017 at 11:19 AM

Fear of success and fear of failure. Seems like you can’t win, right? I get this. Short, sweet and to the point. Good job Jay.

August 8, 2017 at 3:55 PM

nope, doomed if you try, doomed if you don’t. so do whatever you feel is best and good things will come. That’s where I ended up! 🙂 Thank you.

janieleeds said:
    August 8, 2017 at 11:37 AM

Jay, even your brevity post is chock full of goodness and power! Keep up the great work – you continue to inspire us! Hope you get all of your work done today and meet all of your deadlines! 🙂

August 8, 2017 at 3:55 PM

You really have no idea how much it means to hear things like this. Thank you so much. 🙂

August 8, 2017 at 11:44 AM

strong and perfect words! 🤗

August 8, 2017 at 2:34 PM

Soul of wit…..sort of suits you!

August 8, 2017 at 3:10 PM

Remember what you’ve written here as you continue your journey, they are wise words! 😉

Run Wright said:
    August 8, 2017 at 10:50 PM

I was so brief today, I posted nothing. Wait it’s 11:49. I still can

Kip Walkin said:
    August 9, 2017 at 4:30 AM

I took these with me: Trust in yourself, know your strengths, and don’t put unnecessary pressure on yourself. Just relax and let it flow.

Thanks James! Well written.💯👍✌

TAG: The Book Blogger Test – BrizzleLass Books said:
    August 17, 2017 at 12:01 PM

[…] Jay @ This is my Truth Now […]

August 21, 2017 at 7:12 PM

Truer words were never spoken. How’s that for brevity? LOL Seriously, lovely post.