365 Challenge: Day 156 – Published

Published: to prepare and issue (a book, journal, piece of music, or other work) for public sale

published.jpg

If you’ve been following this blog for awhile, you probably know that I am a writer who has been working hard to find a publisher for the novel I wrote last fall. It is with extreme pride (and fear!) that I can announce today, “Watching a Glass Shatter” has taken a giant leap forward in the last few days. I have officially signed a contract with a publisher who is interested in helping me share my book with the world.

While it’s too early to provide any more details, I can safely say the novel should be published before the end of 2017. We are currently in discussions over various things such as book covers, formatting, editing, marketing and timelines. I spent 10 hours this weekend completing some final changes to a few open items with the novel, but it has been sent to the publishing company’s editing team for the first major step.

I would like to thank my friends who have helped make this possible, either through supporting me while I was in the writing process or helping provide feedback as readers and reviewers. Many people deserve some gratitude, and I will be sure to let everyone know about them over the coming months. For now, I want to put out a general note of appreciation to everyone who has provided the support through the book’s current website and the 365 Daily Challenge blog’s growth. We’re almost at 2500 followers.

I have no intention of ending the 365 Daily Challenge blog, but I might have to make some changes to the structure so that I can keep my priority focused on publishing “Watching a Glass Shatter” and finishing “Father Figure” before the end of 2017. I promise to keep focused on delivering high quality content with humor, inspiration, advice and reflections, as you’ve all come to know throughout the last few months. I’m always open to advice and feedback, so please feel free to share anything on your mind.

As we begin to create a marketing and publishing plan, I will start a weekly post on “Watching a Glass Shatter” just like I’m doing on “Father Figure.” If you’d like to get involved at any point, I’m absolutely open to help from friends and fans. Success is not built on one person’s back alone, but on the collaboration of a brilliant team of people dedicated to making a difference.

I will be thinking about all the different social media profiles and angles necessary to market the launch of the book. I am worrying about all the changes I might need to make to put the finishing touches on the words, imagery, perspective and tone within the story. And I’m suddenly finding myself afraid of actual book reviews. After writing 500 of my own, I know how tough a critic can be.

But that’s life… and either it will go well or it won’t. And if it doesn’t, or even if it does, I will learn from it and roll forward with the launch of a second book. It’s my passion and I want to put all of me into it — to give this opportunity the chance it deserves.

RECOMMENDED BLOGGER

• I am moving to a weekly recommended blogger which will accompany my Sunday “list” posts. Be on the lookout for the next one this coming Sunday.

128 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 156 – Published

August 14, 2017 at 6:05 PM

Congratulations, Jay!!! I can’t say that enough- I am so excited, so happy for you!😊 your time and efforts have finally paid off and your dream will finally come to fruition – I cannot express how happy I am for you!✨ so excited to know more about Glass updates. But for now, billions of congrats to you!!!

August 14, 2017 at 6:17 PM

Thank you, Noriko. I appreciate all your support and friendship!

August 14, 2017 at 6:38 PM

You’re quite welcome, Jay! That’s the least I can do 😊

August 14, 2017 at 6:13 PM

I am literally jumping up and down! So excited for You! Anything I can do to help, count me in! Champagne awaits!

anisabookreviews said:
    August 14, 2017 at 6:17 PM

Congratulations, James! All your hard work has turned into a dream come true. I am truly happy for your success!

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    August 14, 2017 at 6:34 PM

Wow!! Massive congrats!!

susandyer1962 said:
    August 14, 2017 at 6:35 PM

Congratulations Jay! I’m so happy for you! You must be over the moon!! Can’t wait to see you on the NYT bestsellers list!!!

Valerie @ Valerie's Musings said:
    August 14, 2017 at 7:04 PM

I can’t express enough of how happy and excited I am for you! 🙂 Such an awesome thing!!!

August 14, 2017 at 7:35 PM

It’s amazing to know this is going to come to fruition. I hope the second one is up to par too.

Run Wright said:
    August 14, 2017 at 7:33 PM

CONGRATS, Jay. This is such fantastic news and to be ready by the end of 2017, whew, that’s a short turnaround time but you can do it. I am so excited for everything that is ahead for you and I hope you continue to share it with us.

August 14, 2017 at 7:36 PM

Thank you, Karen. I appreciate it. Today was quite a day… very excited to see where this all goes. And scared.

mainepaperpusher said:
    August 14, 2017 at 8:19 PM

I am so happy for you!!!! Congratulations, my friend! Wow! How does it feel to be an almost published author? Pretty damned good, I would imagine! ❤️💕❤️💕❤️

August 14, 2017 at 8:28 PM

Scary!!! But awesome. Thank you so much. I can’t wait for it to get closer to the finish line with the launch! 🙂

mainepaperpusher said:
        August 14, 2017 at 8:36 PM

You don’t need to be scared. You have talent on your side! I had some cool/scary writing news today, too. It must be in the air! Hugs, my friend! I’m so very proud of you!

August 14, 2017 at 8:38 PM

I am behind on your blog today. What’s the news?

mainepaperpusher said:
        August 14, 2017 at 8:40 PM

Actually, I didn’t put it on the blog…only told you. I have a friend who is a director and he asked me to do the script for his independent movie. I’m on cloud nine and scared to death. I don’t have the talent you do, so I truly should be scared! 😱

August 14, 2017 at 8:42 PM

You are quite humorous and I think you can do it. I will happily read anything you’d like in advance. That is awesome!!!

mainepaperpusher said:
        August 14, 2017 at 8:48 PM

Thanks, hon, I just might take you up on that. My head is going to get too big. Yesterday I had a professor who has taught creative writing for 20 years encourage me to collect my stories in a book. Seriously, I’m not a writer. I just tell my little stories. Anyhow, it’s been a nice week for compliments. But your news is just so fabulous I’m doing a little dance in your honor. 🙂 Don’t look too closely, my dancing skills are pretty feeble but the thought is there!

August 14, 2017 at 9:55 PM

Hmmm I think my reply disappeared. You should be proud of yourself. I will ignore your dancing skills if you appreciate your writing skills!

mainepaperpusher said:
        August 14, 2017 at 10:14 PM

Haha, somehow I think I got the better end of this deal. Thanks, sweetie!

declutteringmylifeweb said:
      August 15, 2017 at 12:28 PM

He must be practising his signature for dedications.

boundtowriting said:
    August 14, 2017 at 9:19 PM

Congratulations! This is such a huge accomplishment! Can’t wait to hear more details!

Garabrandt Reviews said:
    August 14, 2017 at 9:30 PM

Yay! Congrats! Can’t wait to buy my copy!

Felicia Denise said:
    August 14, 2017 at 9:34 PM

Congratulations to you! Wishing you continued success! 😉

Stephanie said:
    August 14, 2017 at 9:58 PM

Fantastic, amazing news!! Congrats and so well deserved, Jay!! I’ve had time to read through to Chap 2 of the chapters of your novel you posted online while I’ve been away, and I’m so thoroughly enjoying it!! I was going to tell you when I was finished with chap 3 how much I’ve enjoyed it but now seems like a good time too ❤❤ I can’t wait to buy your book and see your name on the cover! 😍 😀

August 14, 2017 at 10:12 PM

I appreciate it. Things have moved quickly in the last two weeks. Very exciting. I will keep you posted on next steps. Hope you are finding lots of break time and getting all the rest you need!

Stephanie said:
        August 14, 2017 at 10:31 PM

You’re so welcome! Very glad to see it happening to you!! And so quickly 🤗 I’ll be excited to hear of your progress. Yes, I got lots of rest and had a wonderful time just with my daughter ❤❤❤ I head home from vacation tomorrow and back to work and classes Thurs, so the fun, games, and relaxing are at an end for a while!! It was wonderful while it lasted though!💕💕💕

novelgossip said:
    August 14, 2017 at 10:23 PM

Congrats!!!

roseelaineblog said:
    August 15, 2017 at 1:52 AM

That is amazing 👍 I’m really happy for you, well done…… onwards and upwards 😘🤗

August 15, 2017 at 2:07 AM

OMG jay, thats amazing!!! congratulations! can’t wait to read the whole book! i am really happy for you! 🤗

Sophie @ Blame Chocolate said:
    August 15, 2017 at 3:40 AM

Congratulations, James! Wishing you and your book great success 🙂

Steph said:
    August 15, 2017 at 7:39 AM

Oh my gosh congrats! That’s so exciting!! I’m so glad your hard work is being recognized and it’s going to be put out there!

August 15, 2017 at 7:50 AM

That’s the best news! CONGRATULATIONS!! You deserve this and I’m so very happy for you! ❤

Patty said:
    August 15, 2017 at 7:52 AM

Congrats Jay! This is amazing news. I am so excited for you and can’t wait to see all the things to come. 🙂

August 15, 2017 at 7:54 AM

Thank you very much! I hope to have more info to release by early September. 🙂

Patty said:
        August 15, 2017 at 7:55 AM

I will keep my eye out. Exciting!!!!!!!!

theloyalbritwit said:
    August 15, 2017 at 8:44 AM

Congratulations, Jay!!!!!! 🎉🎈🎊 What an honor and FANTASTIC accomplishment!!! I wish you all the best and anticipate hearing more! Cheers! ☺️

iamdes said:
    August 15, 2017 at 9:34 AM

Congratulations, James! 🎉 Such an exciting news! So happy for you. 😄

declutteringmylifeweb said:
    August 15, 2017 at 12:04 PM

I am really glad with this news! It is evident that book should be favoured but please do not stop bogging 🙂

declutteringmylifeweb said:
      August 15, 2017 at 12:08 PM

rather blogging! I have checked and bogging has a negative meaning in English.

August 15, 2017 at 12:21 PM

I won’t! I am almost 50% thru the 365 Challenge, I can’t stop! 🙂 Thank you very much.

declutteringmylifeweb said:
        August 15, 2017 at 12:51 PM

This makes us believe in the American (European) Dream again and re-ignite our own dreams. 🙂 But I stop commenting this post now 🙂

Birdie said:
    August 15, 2017 at 1:46 PM

Amazing news! Congratuations, Jay!

Books Teacup and Reviews said:
    August 15, 2017 at 2:13 PM

That’s a great news! Congratulations, James! 🙂

I have nominated you for this award-

Christy B said:
    August 15, 2017 at 3:05 PM

Congrats, James!! GREAT news 🙂 Is it your first book? Oh and is there cake today to celebrate?!!

fitnessgrad said:
    August 15, 2017 at 5:12 PM

Omg! wow! this is awesome news and amazing 😀 i am so proud of you James! this is goals, I want to eventually write a book one day as well.
    I have been noticing others have been doing the 365 day challenge as well and I found it quite interesting, possibly next year, I might do this myself , because it seems like a good idea 🙂 Btw, how long has it taken for you to write you first novel? do you want to be a writer full time? also, congrats on reaching almost 2500 followers, that is truly amazing and I hope I can be as successful as yourself! Keep rocking out 🙂

Shay-lon

August 15, 2017 at 5:27 PM

Thank you, Shay-lon. I appreciate it. It’s been a whirlwind week. I wrote the outline last August and the 350+ pages in September and October. Between November and December I had beta reader feedback and edited the book. Several friends read it in January and then I made the final edits in early February. I’ve been searching for publishers the last 6 months.

I wish you well with your writing. Happy to talk thru it more if you ever have questions or want to know more.

Very glad to see all your posts of fitness too. I look more on FB now as it’s easier to read, but I still catch them! 🙂

fitnessgrad said:
        August 15, 2017 at 5:29 PM

Ahh I have noticed you looked more on Facebook, didn’t realize my blog wasn’t as easy, apologizes for this and yes, would love to talk further about writing a book. Now will yours be hard copy or Ebook or both?

August 15, 2017 at 5:33 PM

No! Not your site! Just easier for me to read thing son FB than WP for many of the sites. That’s all. Nothing you did! 🙂

paper back and ebook. 🙂

happy to chat about writing

fitnessgrad said:
        August 17, 2017 at 12:22 PM

Oh alright, makes sense, are you more active on Facebook then?
        Wow, both, most people do Ebook because of the expense of paperback, so this is amazing! now I am really interested 🙂

Shay-lon

August 18, 2017 at 7:04 AM

About even. It often comes down to which app is easier to use wherever i am, e.g. work, home, in transit, etc.

i know, i was concerned about e only, so this feels like a good alternative.

twogalsandabook said:
    August 15, 2017 at 5:55 PM

Congratulations James! Woo-hoo!!!!! : )

August 15, 2017 at 5:56 PM

Thank you very much! 🙂

twogalsandabook said:
        August 16, 2017 at 12:31 AM

You are so welcome! All of your hard work has paid off! : )

RobbyeFaye said:
    August 15, 2017 at 6:30 PM

Oh, WOW! How exciting for you! Congratulations!!!!!!

Cal's Constant Raving Reviews said:
    August 15, 2017 at 7:33 PM

THIS IS SO EXCITING! I CAN’T WAIT TO READ YOUR PUBLISHED WORK 😀 😀 😀

Dani @ Perspective of a Writer said:
    August 15, 2017 at 7:44 PM

Congratulations! You have such a long labor of love ahead of you 🙂 Can’t wait to get a glimpse through your weekly update posts!

Congratulations! Great achievement!

vinnieh said:
    August 16, 2017 at 5:59 AM

Now that’s what I call splendid news.

janieleeds said:
    August 16, 2017 at 9:36 AM

CONGRATS Jay! Woo HOO! I hope you celebrated with a toast to success! That’s awesome news truly! So happy for you!

Trisy @ Bobo's Book Bank said:
    August 16, 2017 at 10:56 AM

Wow..so groovy!! What an accomplishment! I mainly stay in the romance genre but when the time comes, I’d love to review for you &/or feature your work on my blog!! Bask in the glory, LOL!😍😍

August 16, 2017 at 11:57 AM

Wow, thank you so much! That would be fantastic. I appreciate it. Hope you are doing well.

Trisy @ Bobo's Book Bank said:
        August 16, 2017 at 7:46 PM

Doing great! Getting my kiddos ready for another school year (hip hip hooray!) Sounds like you’re havin a fantastical week!😁😁

August 16, 2017 at 7:47 PM

Good for you! You will have more time to read and write!

frenchc1955 said:
    August 16, 2017 at 8:22 PM

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news!

August 16, 2017 at 8:26 PM

Thank you! I am excited. Looking forward to joining the ranks with you!

TizzyMatic said:
    August 16, 2017 at 10:36 PM

Highly late, but congrats. Looks like you got a lot of congrats, but hey, mine is different okay. I don’t know how, but it is. *Striving to be different 😅)

August 17, 2017 at 7:05 AM

It’s very different. You waited til it calmed down a little and kept the wonderful reminder lasting longer. Thank you! 🙂

carhicks said:
    August 17, 2017 at 4:59 PM

Congratulations James, your hard work, desire and commitment has paid off.

Karina Pinella said:
    August 17, 2017 at 7:27 PM

What great news! Many kudos to you indeed. What an accomplishment.

cwhiteweb said:
    August 18, 2017 at 12:07 AM

Wow!! Congratulations James, that is great news!! 🎊

TAG: Liebster Award Take Four – BrizzleLass Books said:
    August 18, 2017 at 12:00 PM

[…] Jay @ This Is My Truth Now […]

Tan M Butler said:
    August 18, 2017 at 3:31 PM

Amazing work on getting a publisher. Will be looking out for more updates!

August 18, 2017 at 3:31 PM

Thank you so much! I appreciate hearing from you.

Tan M Butler said:
        August 21, 2017 at 1:41 PM

You’re welcome, just to let you know the link at the bottom of your reply sent me to a page full of code.

August 21, 2017 at 1:42 PM

thanks. it’s weird, not sure why WP adds it to my blog. I didn’t do it. 😦

Ann Marie Bryant said:
    August 18, 2017 at 9:59 PM

Oh Wow! That’s so exciting…congratulations!!!!

shalini said:
    August 20, 2017 at 8:34 PM

Congrats Jay good luck. I think just post a blog of your book and all if us are going to rush and buy it… Gawd imagine so many of us writing about you in our blogs…. Mahn.. Blogging pays off…
    Kudos to you Jay… Heartfelt wishes to you

August 20, 2017 at 8:36 PM

Thank you! I appreciate it. I appreciate everyone I interact with. The ThisIsMyTruthNow blog is just as important as my book, because it comes from interaction with friends like you.

[…] love this.  I was a teenager in the 80’s and this is till one of my favorite songs.  Jay?  James J. Cudney IV will you be singing along?  Who else wants to join […]

[…] 365 Challenge: Day 156 – Published […]

superwifeandmummy said:
    September 14, 2017 at 7:47 AM

Goodness knows why I did not see this before.
    Huge congrats, J