My Very Own “Book Bucket List” – August 2017

It’s been 2 months since I started my Book Bucket List and I’ve knocked the third novel off the list:  The Art of Hiding by Amanda Prowse. You can see the review here. In its place, I’ve added Carnegie’s Maid by Marie Benedict to round out the 12 options for the next vote.

The book you chose for me to read in September is Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. Congratulations to everyone who voted last week for this book. Once I’ve completed reading it, I will post a book review and the September Book Bucket List update post. The target to be complete is 9/23.

rows.jpg

Now it’s time to select the book I will read for October 2017. Below is the poll with 12 options, which will be open until September 6th, 2017 for you to choose. Good Luck!

Below is the link to the on-going Book Bucket List and a background on what it’s all about. My Very Own “Book Bucket List”  —  Click the link to access everything since the beginning of this post series.

About Me
I am a writer and have signed a publishing contract to launch my first book, Watching Glass Shatter, in November of 2017. To see more, please check out the website for this novel where you will find the first 3 chapters, character bios and sample quotes.

I am writing my second novel, Father Figure, with plans to finish it in November, 2017. As part of the process to engage with my fans and followers, I am publishing a weekly status on the progress of this second book. For a description of this book, check out the post where my friends and followers voted for this book as my second novel.

Beyond these two books, I have a number of short stories, poems and other novels in various shapes and forms. I also read A LOT. First the book review goes on Goodreads, and then I send it on over to my WordPress blog at https://thisismytruthnow.com, where you’ll also find TV & Film reviews, Tags, Awards, Age/Genre/Book Reads and Author Spotlights, as well as the revealing and introspective 365 Daily Challenge.

You can also access my social media profiles to get the details on the who/what/when/where and my pictures. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Vote in the poll and ratings. Thanks for stopping by. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.

45 thoughts on “My Very Own “Book Bucket List” – August 2017

August 29, 2017 at 7:34 PM

Envy!

August 29, 2017 at 8:00 PM

Just voted!! Can’t wait to see what you think of Six of Crows and can’t wait to see what book wins for October.

August 29, 2017 at 8:17 PM

Woo Hoo! Thanks I bought it last night, as I could tell it was gonna win. I am not sure what will win for October. I want to read them all!!!

August 29, 2017 at 8:13 PM

Just voted! A Column of Fire! No-brainer for me, at least!!!

Mel Gutiér said:
    August 29, 2017 at 8:56 PM

Hey… Read some quotes from ‘Shatter’.

Just as I thought… practically perfect in every way. You’re a regular Mary Poppins of prose!

😉

August 29, 2017 at 8:56 PM

Oh, why thank you. I do like to mind my P’s and Q’s. I hope she’s the one who said that!

Mel Gutiér said:
    August 29, 2017 at 8:59 PM

Man! I’m in total awe of you!

You’ve got the world pulsating and it’s addictive!

jessicarachow said:
    August 29, 2017 at 9:26 PM

Six of Crows is next on my list. Looking forward to seeing what you think!

August 29, 2017 at 9:43 PM

I voted! *Dragonfly in Amber.* I couldn’t resist, but I want to read most of these! ♡ Hope you enjoy the winner!

August 29, 2017 at 9:47 PM

I’m excited to read six of crows. Heard so much about it. It’s hard to watch some sit in my shelf waiting tho!

August 30, 2017 at 6:48 PM

I hear you! I picked up Six of Crows from the library and had to send it back due to time constrictions. I loved the black stained pages. Looking forward to your thoughts on it! 💖

August 30, 2017 at 9:03 PM

oh, that must have hurt to send it back, sorry!

boundtowriting said:
    August 29, 2017 at 10:07 PM

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on Six of Crows! It is on my TBR list already, but love reading the reviews of this book!

meltingpotsandothercalamities said:
    August 30, 2017 at 1:04 AM

Oh my gosh, yes! I LOVE Six of Crows, and recently got Crooked Kingdom, though because of other books I have yet to read the first page. But I hope you enjoy it, it’s amazing! It takes a while to get into, but once it gets going, it really gets going!

August 30, 2017 at 7:23 AM

Cool. Can’t wait to start it. Heard so much! I will go check out your review to get into it even more.

August 30, 2017 at 5:14 AM

yes!!! i am so excited to find out what you think about “six of crows” 🙂

Gayatri Sharma said:
    August 30, 2017 at 9:24 AM

Excellent blog! I write. I would love your feedback on my blog do check it out https://iamgayatriblog.wordpress.com

nicolechinnici said:
    August 30, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Tough choices! I wound up voting for Origin… wanted to vote for Citadel too, though! I have Kate Mosse’s Labyrinth on my shelf to re-read soon!

Run Wright said:
    August 30, 2017 at 11:25 AM

Hey. I was reading your bio and just wanted to ask. Did you find an agent first or a publisher first? Either way, I just wanted to say congrats again because reading books is wonderful but publishing your own book is something amazing.
    I haven’t read most of the books on your list but I’ve heard good things about Six of Crows so I hope you enjoy. I voted for Into The Water last time and I am voting for it again. I haven’t changed 🙂

August 30, 2017 at 12:07 PM

Hi. I think that’s in the lead, at least the last time I checked. Thank you so much.

I appreciate it. I found the publisher this time. I had been searching for an agent for awhile when this opportunity landed in my lap!

The Otaku Judge said:
    August 30, 2017 at 1:08 PM

I keep voting for cider because it is my fave alcoholic beverage 😉

August 30, 2017 at 5:35 PM

YA Fantasy interesting choice!

Didi Oviatt - Author said:
    August 31, 2017 at 10:27 AM

I plan to start six of crows at the end of next week. Let me know when your going to post a review!!.. if it’s around the same time we can link into eachother 😉

August 31, 2017 at 10:44 AM

Excellent. I have two books to read for the next week, so I probably will start it around 9/8 or so.

Didi Oviatt - Author said:
        August 31, 2017 at 10:57 AM

Lol sounds like we’re in the same boat. I’m cramming in three before I can start :)… I’ll float you a note on twitter when I’m ready to crack it open. I’m excited to read it!! Its been on my list for a while! I try to rotate new indi’s and best sellers 😉 … Stay sharp AND well rounded! If that makes sense lol

August 31, 2017 at 2:20 PM

good luck. it makes total sense!

September 6, 2017 at 5:22 PM

Just a reminder – the polls close today and the top 2 choices have the same # of votes. We need a tie breaker soon!