365 Challenge: Day 173 – Rapid

Rapid: happening in a short time or at a fast pace

pid

Sometimes life happens all around us, quickly moving along without you realizing it’s passing by. I reminded myself all week long that I would be away for a few days on the upcoming weekend, but did I pre-draft any posts that I could edit and release each day? No… too much going on to remember everything I had wanted to accomplish by today. When I awoke this morning, I realized that I leave on a flight at 8am tomorrow, which means I need to write at least four posts today to keep the 365 Daily Challenge humming along. I’ve got Saturday thru Monday planned in my head, so really, I just need to get through today’s concept. The word ‘rapid’ felt appropriate, given how things have been proceeding around me in the last month. And in the spirit of being rapid, a lovely rapid-fire shout out to all the things this week going on around me…

1. Finished writing the first draft of ‘Father Figure – nearly 380 pages – more on that later in its own separate post, assuming I can find time! 9 weeks went by incredibly quickly.
  2. My Goodreads author page went up and I had to feverishly draft a bio. You can see it at: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/17128817.James_J_Cudney_IV
  3. The weekend trip to visit family. Leave early tomorrow morning, come home Tuesday afternoon. My response time on WordPress may be slower while I’m away. But I am looking forward to seeing family and stepping away from all these pesky deliverables on my to-do list. Never ends!
  4. A bug that wandered into the apartment last night. It was green and about two inches in length. Not a grasshopper or praying mantis. It flew all over the place. Ryder ignored it. I couldn’t catch it. Finally, this morning, it landed on the floor. I scooped it up, yelled at it, then threw it outside. Told it to counts its blessings I didn’t kill it. Mean, I know. But it was torture knowing it lurked in my home last night, somewhere in hiding, waiting to pounce on me.
  5. The migraine that stole 4 hours from me last night. Not nice. But at least it didn’t stick around as long as the bug. I’m grateful for some things.
  6. The end of hot weather? I hope. We’re in the 60s today here in NYC. Go away summer! Bring on the autumn weather ASAP. I need a pumpkin.
  7. Help to those in the Houston areas — I hope it is as rapid as possible to get them all they need. It will take years to help the city and all its inhabitants, and even then, it won’t be the same anymore. Much love to them all.
  8. To finding a few minutes today to ‘stop and smell the roses’ amidst the chaos we sometimes encounter throughout the day. It’ll make the day so much easier.
  9. Ryder turns 10-years old on September 3rd. I am a bit shocked at how an entire decade has gone by since this little guy came into my life. I adore him more than I can even begin to explain in a single post. And I can only hope he enjoys the birthday present he’ll have while we were away. I feel awful being gone, but this was the best timing for everyone. We’ll celebrate it when we are home on Tuesday with his favorite meal. Rapid forgiveness on this one, please.
  10. This post. I need to write a few more this morning, so today’s is a whole new sort of rapid! Hopefully it still has a bit of humor and quality. And if not, everyone has a bit of a slow day, even when the 365 Daily Challenge word is rapid. Please forgive me… and just take a moment to laugh at the poor guy below.

Couldn’t resist including this one today!

How about you? What’s occurring too rapidly in your life? What’s not going quickly enough? Anyone going on fun trips soon? I’m touring North Carolina for 10 days in September. Any recommendations on where to stop or where to avoid? It’s share time!

31 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 173 – Rapid

September 1, 2017 at 9:05 AM

Happy Birth Month, Ryder!🐶

September 1, 2017 at 9:24 AM

I’m going to PA this weekend and then Orlando in October 😀 Time is occurring too rapidly for me. I’m getting sad that I may not hit my Goodreads challenge goal cause I don’t have time to read these days but I’m crossing my fingers that I read at least more books than I did last year!

September 1, 2017 at 10:31 AM

go ryder! 🙂
    and oh my god that gif 😀 😀 😀
    i need time to go faster, so i can finally hold “godsgrave” in my hands 😛

Books Teacup and Reviews said:
    September 1, 2017 at 10:48 AM

Have a safe journey and Happy birthday to Ryder. 🙂

September 1, 2017 at 11:08 AM

Have a great time visiting family. We have two concerts this weekend and then a break until the annual golf tournament for my husband near the end of the month. I’ll be crafting like crazy, but I also have a job interview today. First time I’ve had to do that in about 23 years. Wish me luck. (By the way, since your earlier post I am consciously removing exclamation points from my comments. This one started out with at least three.)

Mel Gutiér said:
    September 1, 2017 at 11:43 AM

Breathe babe!

inspirationpie said:
    September 1, 2017 at 12:32 PM

Have a great extended weekend, Jay! Good luck with getting your posts written. You are one ambitious guy! LOL Cheers! Oh! And happy birthday to Ryder!

Jo-Ann

September 1, 2017 at 1:27 PM

Thanks, Jo-Ann. I appreciate it. I hope you are having success with writing this week. 🙂

inspirationpie said:
        September 1, 2017 at 2:32 PM

I have been writing, slowly…but getting there! I’ve been inspired there so going with the muse. My poor blog is suffering but I will get back to it 🙂

September 1, 2017 at 3:59 PM

can’t always do both, I totally understand and empathize

September 1, 2017 at 12:40 PM

Happy early birthday to Ryder!! You are much nicer than me I would have definitely killed whatever that was because I hate bugs (I totally just typed books instead of bugs😂) they are all creepy and gross to me and I will literally scream like the girl I am lol. I have a trip coming up the last week of October but I have no clue where I am going. My granny and my 2 aunts will be coming to pick me up on the 21 of October and that is all that I know pretty much. I do know we will be going on a train ride that’s supposed to be like 4 hours long or something but once again I don’t know where it is.

September 1, 2017 at 1:31 PM

Ryder says thanks. And wishes you well on your trip That sounds fun. A secret trip. I can’t wait to hear all about it. Sounds like a nice post idea.

September 1, 2017 at 1:35 PM

Yeah it will be fun. I will definitely have to try to do a blog post on it.

September 1, 2017 at 2:41 PM

That bug sounds unpleasant! Sorry about the migraine, I get them too they are evil! 🙁
    Happy Birthday Ryder 🎉
    For me super happy to have made it home in one piece today even if it did take forever! Funny thing, your drive safe message popped up as I crawled past a nasty accident, how did you know? 🤔
    Otherwise I’m back on book duty now, then we should be pretty lined up again by the time you get back 👍

September 1, 2017 at 4:01 PM

Excellent. I like alignment. And I’m actually not a real person. I’m a ghost, and I travel around on people’s shoulders, they just don’t know it. I am caught in limbo, still writing as though I am real. Haven’t figured out all the rules yet, sometimes I can talk sometimes I can’t. Very odd. No, that’s me… I’m odd for even writing this.

September 1, 2017 at 4:14 PM

Well as you are a ghost on people’s shoulders you can see I’m laughing myself silly reading this! When you figure out the rules let me know I’m dying to know them! 😂

Books, Vertigo and Tea said:
    September 1, 2017 at 3:46 PM

My life feels completely unbalanced right now (I do not mean that in a negative way) but it is so “rapid” and slow at the same time. Health issues and time seem to escalate and pass by so fast, while career and other personal areas feel as though they have been placed on a hold. It is awkward really haha. I admire your ability to stick with posting daily. You write so much! I cannot even imagine. Hope you have been well 🙂

September 1, 2017 at 4:04 PM

Health comes first, so I totally understand where you are coming from. I rarely talk, so I think that’s why I can write. All the things I should say aloud never happen, so it comes out when I write. LOL

I hope you’re feeling better after the downtime.

Lisa s said:
    September 1, 2017 at 4:16 PM

So happy your going on vacation happy birthday to Ryder what would a special meal be?

September 1, 2017 at 4:18 PM

He loves brisket, so I think I’ll pick one up on the way home from the airport Tuesday and cook that when I get home! 🙂

Hope you have fun Labor Day plans?

September 1, 2017 at 8:48 PM

List-good. Are you going to Asheville Nc? I heard that’s gorgeous. You are always good at accomplishing your goals! You will get everything done!