365 Challenge: Day 183 – Doggedly

Doggedly: in a manner that shows tenacity and grim persistence

doggedly.jpg

Ryder’s Rants is back, must mean it’s Monday. Had a hard time searching for a word today. There aren’t a whole lot with ‘dog’ in them that have anything good for me to talk about. Went with ‘doggedly’ today since there’s something that has been persistently driving me bonkers lately. Have you ever had one of your toys follow you around wherever you go? I do. It’s Ducky. He constantly quacks all night long, tries to snuggle with me and just plain gets all up in my grill. He weighs like 3 ounces, has lost most of his feathers (someone likes to bite him — not me — just sayin’) and smells worse than I do after a week without a bath. The only way to stop Ducky is to throw myself at him with full force. Well, I throw my rear end into him with full force. You’ve probably heard of headbutting someone, right? Well, I use my butt to headbutt someone. Except I got confused this week and started doing it to both the Dads. They find it funny. Not sure why. I’m just trying to exert my dominance over anything and everything that lives in my house. And I’m only twenty pounds, not that heavy. But they act like I’ve thrown a whole building on them when they feel my wrath.

Doggedly pursuit. That’s what I’m all about lately. To keep things in check around here. Though I’m not sure about that word ‘grim’ in the definition, since I finally got my brisket. Twice! Dinner and lunch. Dad made it Friday. He finally found it at the market the next day. Lucky him. There would have been hell to pay if I didn’t get my birthday present. It was delicious. I watched it cook in the over for five hours on Friday. And then again for 30 minutes on Saturday. Takes too long if you ask me. I have things to do. Can’t just watch stuff cook all the time. Right?

It was a quiet weekend around here. No visitors. They usually have people over. Sometimes I get kinda bored with just them — not a whole lot of interesting things about those two. They did work on my Enchanted Garden. Pruned the wisteria bush. Now it doesn’t have enough vines to attack me for a few weeks. That’ll be nice. It gets a little scary worrying every time I go outside if it might be my last. And now the bees seem to have taken up residence in one of the planter boxes. They like those bushes that make raspberries. I haven’t gotten to taste any berries yet. As you can probably tell, I’m not treated very fairly around here. I should be able to eat anything I want. But no flowers or plants, they remind me constantly. Seriously? I might go on a hunger strike if they keep telling me what I can’t eat around this joint. But oh, the bees. I like to chase them, and try to bite them when they fly too close. I did that once when I was a puppy. And I caught one! Except it was an angry bee. Stupid thing stung my tongue. Turned it all black for a few days. I even have a small scar on it now. Made me angry. All I wanted to do was eat it. Geez.

Let’s see… I thought I should forewarn you that Dads leave on a two-week vacation this Sunday. So I will have full control of the blog. Well, maybe not. I think they are sending me to Ella’s again. That’s a long time. I am not sure I will forgive them this time. We’ll see how it goes. The only good news to share about my little trip is that I know Dad 1 is going to the Petco this week to buy supplies. He usually brings me back new treats and a new toy when he goes to the store. It’s only right. I do bring tons of love and joy around this otherwise boring place. So today’s word, I guess I should explain that. Minus the grim part. As I don’t agree with that being part of the definition.

But the reason I chose doggedly is not for me. It’s for Dad 1. He’s been doggedly pursuing this 365 Daily Challenge for such a long time. Actually, that’s the news I wanted to share. Today it is officially 50% complete with 183 posts available to read on the blog! Can you believe it? He started the challenge back in March and has finished a full six months. I bet it all goes down hill from here. No one’s that creative. Well maybe I am, but he won’t let me be in charge of it. Next time you hear from me, I’ll be with Ella. Have a great week! And send me something. I’ll get bored while Dads are away. Yes, I’ll miss them too. Bye!!!!

61 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 183 – Doggedly

September 11, 2017 at 8:45 AM

Sweet Ryder…you should come stay at the farm for two weeks!

September 11, 2017 at 8:47 AM

I would like that. But Dads won’t let me get on a plane, especially not by myself.

September 11, 2017 at 8:48 AM

They can drive you here and then continue on their way! Michigan is not that far out of the way! 😉🐶

September 11, 2017 at 5:47 PM

that’s true. you convince them. they don’t listen to me.

misifusa said:
    September 11, 2017 at 9:09 AM

Ryder! If I remember correctly, Ella’s place is nice right? Hopefully you’ll have fun there! Maybe there’s a cute pup friend you can hang around with on your vacation from the Dads! 🙂

September 11, 2017 at 5:47 PM

Oh, good idea! I’ll send lots of pics that I’m having a good time and they will be jealous!

misifusa said:
        September 11, 2017 at 6:42 PM

Good thinking pup! Hope you get some great treats and toys out of the Dads before they leave!

September 11, 2017 at 9:21 AM

Welcome back, Ryder!😊 Well, I know you’ll miss your Dads but they’ll most certainly bring back tons of treats and gifts!!! Two weeks is a long time, but let’s

Kiersten said:
    September 11, 2017 at 9:45 AM

Why won’t they bring you on vacation with them, sweet pupper?!

September 11, 2017 at 5:46 PM

Too long, and they don’t want me to be on a plane. I’m a bit too big to fit under the seat, and they won’t let me see the inside of cargo!

September 11, 2017 at 10:01 AM

Great post Ryder! And wow, the challenge is half over! I guess if I knew basic math I would have gotten that…..

Atwood Cutting said:
    September 11, 2017 at 10:39 AM

Good morning Ryder. My mom hung out the stars and stripes today. Although it’s not that fashionable these days, in a lot of ways she’s old fashioned, I guess. Anyway, who can explain the human psyche? Who wants to be reminded that the world is not filled with love everywhere, all the time? Not me. Yesterday I killed a rat and dragged him in to show off to my parents. They made me take him outside, where I ate his head. It was great! Maybe you should tell the ducky to lay off, or he’ll get his. Just saying…

Respectfully yours, Yuri, the Russian Blue

September 11, 2017 at 5:45 PM

You are so right. Ducky needs to be warned… Those humans! ugh. thanks for saying hi, Yuri.

inspirationpie said:
    September 11, 2017 at 11:43 AM

Have fun at Ella’s Ryder! Glad you enjoy your birthday meals! Woof!

Jo-Ann

September 11, 2017 at 11:47 AM

Bet your dads will miss you too and be extra attentive when they get back. Think of it as an adventure.

Mel Gutiér said:
    September 11, 2017 at 12:25 PM

Delightful! I think I like him more than you.

This was such a fun read! 😉

Mel Gutiér said:
    September 11, 2017 at 12:26 PM

I meant I love Ryder better than you Jay. 😉

Wanted to make sure he gets the full KUDOS!

Run Wright said:
    September 11, 2017 at 12:30 PM

Congrats on reaching the halfway point, Jay. I have no doubt you will complete it, no matter what Ryder thinks.

September 11, 2017 at 12:39 PM

So fun! ❤

roseelaineblog said:
    September 11, 2017 at 1:02 PM

Great read, have a good trip 😊

anne leueen said:
    September 11, 2017 at 1:30 PM

don’t worry Ryder once your Dads are out of sight you will have a grand time without them. Our little dog Tia tells us she forgets about us as soon as we are gone when she stays with Doris and we go away. Then she makes a big fuss about us when we come back and we give her lots of treats.

moorezart said:
    September 11, 2017 at 4:03 PM

Reblogged this on From 1 Blogger 2 Another.

September 11, 2017 at 4:30 PM

Have fun at Ella’s Ryder! Maybe I should find you something English to send over?! 😉

September 12, 2017 at 9:31 AM

ryder, imagine how much attention you will get after those two weeks! it’s gonna be amazing! ❤

KathrinS said:
    September 12, 2017 at 3:26 PM

Aww, love this post. If you’re headbutting with your butt – isn’t it just butting, though? 😉

Kathrin — http://mycupofenglishtea.wordpress.com

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    September 12, 2017 at 4:00 PM

hahaha awww!! Ryder’s so cute!! And of course it couldn’t possible be him chewing on Ducky- he should do some detective work and find out who it is! 😉

Finding the Calm in Chaos said:
    September 13, 2017 at 8:40 AM

New dog treats are the BEST. You should talk them into a gourmet doggy cupcake or something. It’s only fair if they’re going to abandon you for two weeks. 😉

mainepaperpusher said:
    September 14, 2017 at 2:04 AM

Love Ryder flapping his paws across the touch pad. Oh yes, he’s got that laptop under control. If not, he’ll butt-type his way out of it! 🐾

vinnieh said:
    September 14, 2017 at 4:46 AM

I love the word doggedly, people have described me as it in the past.

September 14, 2017 at 7:29 AM

Sometimes that’s a good characteristic! People need to go after things.

vinnieh said:
        September 14, 2017 at 9:27 AM

Well I think luck is what you make of it. Sometimes you can’t just wait.

September 16, 2017 at 8:30 AM

I soooooo enjoy Ryders’ posts! I am looking forward to your vacation to read many of them, and I am also looking forward to your vacation because it will be so reinvigorating and good for you, Hon!

September 16, 2017 at 8:35 AM

Aw, thank you! Me too. I leave early tomorrow morning. Ryder it actually going to post early today instead of Monday since I’m here with him. And Monday will be the start of the photo journey!