365 Challenge: Day 184 – Halfway

Halfway: at or to a point equidistant between two others

halfway

If you read the Ryder’s Rants post from yesterday, you know that we met the halfway point in the 365 Daily Challenge: 6 months completed over 183 posts since March 13, 2017. I’m really not sure how time flew by so quickly, nor how I came up with that many words to describe myself or things going on in my life. But I did, along with the help of many fine online friends who threw out a suggestion or two from time to time.

To honor the challenge, I thought I’d share some metrics of the Best and Worst Posts, keeping in mind that as the number of followers grow, the posts get more viewers… meaning the early posts probably will always be in the “worst” category because I didn’t interact with a lot of folks back then. But let’s see… this will be interesting!

Best Posts

Worst Posts

Question For You:  What were some of your favorite posts along the way?

As we embark upon the second half of the 365 Daily Challenge, the words are going to become harder and harder to come by; I’ll have used similar ones, and I don’t like to be too repetitive. I will be focusing on my upcoming novels, so I can’t let myself spend too much time researching words or finding pictures and graphics.

I would love to hear any suggestions on the type of content you’d like to see included in the coming months. Please share anything you can think of. And thank you very much for everyone’s contributions and support during this effort.

60 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 184 – Halfway

Books Teacup and Reviews said:
    September 12, 2017 at 8:51 AM

Congratulations on completing 6 months!! Ah! can’t think of just one post there are many posts I liked. So, I guess all those posts on which I have commented are my favorites. 😉

superwifeandmummy said:
    September 12, 2017 at 8:54 AM

Congrats, J! You’re so dedicated and how you keep writing read -worthy content is nuts!
    Happily, I’m “halfway” through my diet and workout journey so I’m pretty chuffed with myself 😃
    I like all the stuff you write. I especially enjoy the more personal stories which you tell with such grace and humility.
    And the hilarious ones, like “briefs “. Classic.
    All the best and here’s to the next half 😉

September 12, 2017 at 2:02 PM

Hmm I hope chuffed is a good thing. I have to look that word up! Thank you for the kind words. And congrats on your halfway journey too.

superwifeandmummy said:
        September 12, 2017 at 2:07 PM

It just means pleased.

September 12, 2017 at 2:07 PM

Ok. Good. 🙂

Mel Gutiér said:
      September 12, 2017 at 7:46 PM

Agree with this one! 😉

September 12, 2017 at 9:25 AM

Congrats on the halfway mark on 365 Day Challenge!! Consistently coming up with topics for posts is not an easy task at all – I always have a great great great respect for you since I got to know you, Jay 😊 Honestly, there’s no post that I didn’t like. I enjoyed whatever you posted and I’m sure I always will ✨

kerrymckim said:
    September 12, 2017 at 9:29 AM

Congratulations on making it halfway James! I have enjoyed getting to know you through your writing.

September 12, 2017 at 9:46 AM

wow, that’s a great achievement! i am so happy that i found your blog, because every post makes me think and that’s amazing! keep up the great work! 🙂

September 12, 2017 at 2:00 PM

I’m glad I can do that. Let’s hope I have a brilliant recovery after this vacation!

September 12, 2017 at 10:08 AM

Congrats my friend :). My favorite posts will always the A-Z ones. I think that was around the time I first met you and we had so much fun going back and forth with them!

September 12, 2017 at 2:00 PM

I enjoyed those times. But now we’re even closer!

September 12, 2017 at 3:06 PM

This is true. But they were still fun even if we didn’t become as close as we are 🙂

Kiersten said:
    September 12, 2017 at 10:44 AM

I’m not going to lie, as soon as I read the title of your post Bon Jovi’s Livin’ on a Prayer popped into my head.

Wooooah, we’re halfway theeere…. 🙂

declutteringmylifeweb said:
    September 12, 2017 at 10:45 AM

Congrats! 6 months is quite long, especially for a daily blog. I spent a few days abroad so i was not active here, but looking forward to your posts.

September 12, 2017 at 1:59 PM

I appreciate it. Hope you had a good trip in behind reading other posts this week. Plan to catch up on Thursday on the train to my parents.

Kiersten said:
    September 12, 2017 at 10:48 AM

Your “Naked” post was probably my favorite so far, mainly because what you were talking about really struck a chord with me. There have been so many other good ones though that it’s hard to choose.

September 12, 2017 at 11:51 AM

Congrats on making it halfway. I will have to go back and catch some of the earlier ones because I think I started after you reached 100. If I “like” and comment on those will it throw your numbers off? Have you used “worthy?” How about “tested?” “Seasoned?” Looking forward to the rest of the series. Happy Tuesday.

September 12, 2017 at 1:58 PM

It won’t throw anything off. Totally ok. I don’t think I used those 3. Thank you!!!!!!’

September 12, 2017 at 2:25 PM

They all just seem to fit with what I’ve learned about you so far. 🙂

September 12, 2017 at 1:16 PM

Congratulations this is by far my most visited blog, I love stopping by here on my rounds your writing is always so well thought out.
    I have a feeling those worst posts are going to suddenly shoot through the roof as well! 😂

September 12, 2017 at 2:28 PM

I love all your posts, so it’s impossible to come up with a fave! You always make whatever word you choose come alive….and make me think of it in different ways! I’ll think of word I would love you to explore! I’m helpful that way, giving you more work to do……

Run Wright said:
    September 12, 2017 at 2:51 PM

Congrats again. I am always amazed at how much you post and how interesting each post. Keep it up.

Mel Gutiér said:
    September 12, 2017 at 7:45 PM

Ooh! I got one. The 365 day challenge or Ryder’s post in flash fiction story.

I’ma have to catch up to see what kind of post you’re missing. LOL.

Mel Gutiér said:
    September 12, 2017 at 7:52 PM

I suddenly feel like folding you up and putting you in my pocket. Like my little “Pocket Jay Resource Guide”. All the love here, well deserved, got me feeling warm and fuzzy!

🙂 exciting!

Mel Gutiér said:
      September 12, 2017 at 8:36 PM

This idea was just in good fun and love for you but the more I think about it… I wouldn’t mind having a “Pocket Jay Writer’s Resource Guide ” in my pocket.

Concise and useful information readily accessible.

😉

September 12, 2017 at 9:55 PM

Oooh, that sounds fun. But I’m not that good! 🙂

Mel Gutiér said:
        September 12, 2017 at 10:02 PM

You’re right. Ryder is better. What was I thinking!

September 12, 2017 at 10:05 PM

hah! I would love to do a non-fiction 365 challenge book, just struggling to decide how/if people would actually read or buy it. I have all your posts from the last few days to read this week. I’m so behind! Trying to close on some edits, but plan to read before I leave Saturday.

Mel Gutiér said:
        September 12, 2017 at 10:09 PM

My posts? You can’t be serious!

Come on! You already have a lot of content here on the blog. I’m sure you’ve got people that can help concise that big head of yours. But hey… You’ve got time.

Enjoy your vacation!! Live a little. So what if you miss reading something. I bet W is more important! Family, friends? Please babe!

You so got this. No worries!

September 12, 2017 at 10:15 PM

W is. So is the vacation. I need the rest. But I have 4 days to squeeze as much in as I can. And I plan to use it wisely.

Talk more tomorrow!!!

Mel Gutiér said:
        September 12, 2017 at 10:10 PM

Goodnight sweets! You need the 7.

Mel Gutiér said:
        September 12, 2017 at 10:03 PM

Passed your bedtime by the way. 😉

September 12, 2017 at 10:13 PM

It is. I’m supposed to be in bed reading by 10pm. I’m late tonight!

inspirationpie said:
    September 12, 2017 at 9:21 PM

Congrats on Halfway! Awesome stuff 🙂 I really admire your dedication. That’s a LOT of writing and that doesn’t even include your reviews OR your novels!

roseelaineblog said:
    September 13, 2017 at 4:58 AM

It’s amazing from reading the post with no comments to reading your current posts how you have grown. All credit to your hard work and determination 🌹

September 13, 2017 at 9:27 AM

Congrats on making it halfway, James! ❤ Looking forward to many more. 😉

September 16, 2017 at 8:32 AM

Since I know you so well (LOL, I feel like I do), let me add these suggestions to words you can use if you haven’t already done so: kind, astute, sensitive, strong; maybe there will be more later…

September 16, 2017 at 8:35 AM

Oh, you are so kind. Thank you. I am making a list for when I first get back. I appreciate it. I am slowly running out of them!

September 16, 2017 at 8:50 AM

That’s ok, WE’LL think of more. Let’s break out the old Roget’s Thesaurus–paperback version! LOL

carhicks said:
    September 18, 2017 at 8:40 AM

I enjoy reading these posts and am amazed that you come up with some great ones based on words. I could never have stuck with it. Congratulations on reaching the halfway and I am waiting to see what new words you use.

September 18, 2017 at 7:16 PM

Thank you very much. So kind! I will respond more when I return!