365 Challenge: Day 188 – Dog (RYDER RANT)

Dog: 10-year old shiba inu with an attitude

ryder

Someone knows we are leaving today and he is not happy!

Hi. It’s Ryder. I know I usually post on Mondays, but is seems my schedule is all twisted up for the next two weeks. Dads leave on their trip early tomorrow morning and told me to get my post out today instead of Monday. Apparently Monday begins something Dad 1 calls “Picture Posts,” where he’ll take a picture of something on his trip, choose an appropriate word and riff about it for a paragraph. WhatEv’s… I can be flexible and post today instead of Monday. I chose the word ‘dog’ since that’s what I am and I never actually used that on the 365 Daily Challenge… how funny! Welcome to an early edition of Ryder’s Rants. I’ve only got a couple of stories to share today.

Suitcases are out. That means packing begins. Dad 1 does not pack. He takes his clothes out, leaves them on the bed and makes Dad 2 pack. And Dad 1 is normally the organized one. He’s got spreadsheets for everything. I’ve seen him pack before, and it ain’t pretty. He gets frustrated easily over those types of things. Dad 2 would rather pack for both than listen to Dad 1. If my paws were big enough, I’d try to hold the iPhone and take a video of it for you. It’s usually amusing as Dad 1 keeps taking out more and more clothes to try to squeeze in, but Dad 2 yells at him to stop. “You bring 7 shirts for a 3-day trip and never wear them” It’s true. Dad 1 isn’t very good at these things. It’d be better if they brought me along to supervise the trip. They’ll probably end up in Kentucky instead of North Carolina at this rate. They leave in twenty-one hours for a 15-day trip and not a stitch of packing has been done. It’s gonna be a fun day watching this little farce.

I’m planning to spend a lot of time in the Enchanted Garden today since I won’t see it for a long time. I was flipping through a new outdoor catalog that arrived this week and stumbled across a bunch of things I wanted. I told Dad 1, and when he went out to visit his parents on Thursday, they went to the flower and garden store. Dad 1 took tons of pictures to show Dad 2, who was jealous as he had to work. Dad 1 told Dad 2 he could have $3 to spend… ha… that was an amusing text message conversation. I learned a few new words that day! Anyways, Dad 1 wanted to buy a birdbath for me. Dad 2 said no, he was tired of finding dead birds and feathers hidden behind the trees and large flower boxes. In my opinion, if they choose to leave me alone during the day, it’s my right to do whatever I want to do to keep myself occupied. As you can imagine, there’s no birdbath coming this year. Dad 2 got his way on this one.

Ella picks me up tomorrow morning at 8am. I complained last night that I wouldn’t get any real meals while Dads were gone. They bought a lasagna pizza for dinner. I got a few pieces of crust out of the deal, so it wasn’t all that bad. It’s quite tasty. Think of a lasagna, minus the noodles, baked into a pizza. I think I gained about a pound from eating it, which is 5% of my body weight (I’m a svelte 20 pounds), so I’ll have to run around the apartment today to lose the extra weight before I go on my trip. You never know when you might meet a fine single female doggy while away from home. I’ve got a lot to offer others, so maybe I won’t be on my own the whole time. But if not, it’s better that I don’t eat too much people food as it can be harmful to my belly. I wonder what I’ll get tonight, though I believe they’re going out to dinner since there’s no time to cook.

I’m not sure if I’ll get to post while they are away since I might be so busy with my own trips. If we don’t get to chat again for a couple of weeks, rest assured, I promise I’ll be back in early October with lots of stories about my own vacation, what Dads bought me while they were away and how the homecoming turns out. And the best part is while I’m away, the season will turn to autumn, which I love. I can’t wait to go frolic in all the leaves, take long walks in the park and maybe even sneak a piece of apple pie. I heard rumors they’ve already planned a two-day weekend to visit some friends up in the Hudson Valley at the end of October. I love that place… fresh farm stands, orchards, wineries, antique shoppes, romps in the woods… ooh, very exciting. Have a wonderful rest of your September and talk to y’all next month.

IMG_0762

Bye! Miss you!

43 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 188 – Dog (RYDER RANT)

September 16, 2017 at 9:41 AM

Poor baby! Focus on the treats you will get when they return…💚🐶😢

susandyer1962 said:
    September 16, 2017 at 9:44 AM

Have a great trip Jay and bring back some awesome stuff for Ryder! I want to see pictures as proof!! Haha

theloyalbritwit said:
    September 16, 2017 at 9:51 AM

Bye Ryder! Have fun on your vacation while your dads enjoy their holidays!!! ❤️

September 16, 2017 at 10:02 AM

Love when Ryder posts, especially when he talks about Dad 1, who seems to be quite a handful…….I’ll miss you but gave a great couple of weeks!

September 16, 2017 at 10:15 AM

Oh poor Ryder! Hope you have a good doggy-vacation! I should send over the dog I dog-knapped for the dog island I’m starting yesterday to keep you company! 😉😂
    That packing conversation sounds a lot like what happens in my house when packing starts! I pack then Hubs unpacks and repacks my bag while muttering about how messy I am, how many clothes do I actually need, and how he thought I was the organised one! 😂

September 16, 2017 at 10:20 AM

So similar! Ryder welcomes the visitor and says thank you. 🙂

By Hook Or By Book ~ Book Reviews, News, & Other Stuff said:
    September 16, 2017 at 10:42 AM

Aww Ryder! I’m sending virtual hugs to you. I know you’ll miss your awesome dads, but you’re going to have fun with Ella and they’ll be back before you know it!

September 16, 2017 at 11:27 AM

have a great vacation ryder! you’re gonna be spoiled! and after your dads come back from an amazing time you’re gonna be spoiled even more! 🤗

September 16, 2017 at 11:31 AM

Aww, Ryder! I hope this isn’t too hard on you! Be sure to tell both dads to bring you some souvenirs! ❤ Lots of hugs and love to you!

September 16, 2017 at 11:57 AM

LOL about the packing. Have a wonderful trip everyone! Looking forward to hearing all the stories.

Mel Gutiér said:
    September 16, 2017 at 12:13 PM

Ryder, it is no surprise to me that Dad 1 is the way he is. Given that, you deserve the break.

I adore your posts. Dad 1’s got nothing! You’ve got it you precious fog you!

Milk it before they leave and when they come back, lay it on thick. Show them who’s boss!

roseelaineblog said:
    September 16, 2017 at 2:34 PM

Are you dad 1 or dad 2?

Atwood Cutting said:
    September 16, 2017 at 3:20 PM

Enjoy your break. Relax and listen to the leaves. See you on the other side.

September 16, 2017 at 6:51 PM

I’ll miss you, Ryder! (If you don’t get too see you as much), but thanks for an amusing boost as always! I loved hearing about their packing!! That’s so funny yet adorable😀

Kiersten said:
    September 16, 2017 at 9:14 PM

You poor baby! You should poop in their shoes as payback for leaving you. 😜

deesradreadsandreviews said:
    September 17, 2017 at 12:50 AM

Keep the secrets coming, Ryder. The juicier the better. 🐶
    There will definitely be some treats in it for you! Enjoy your time with Ella. Your daddies will be back before you know it.
    Have a wonderful trip!

foodzesty said:
    September 17, 2017 at 2:37 AM

hahahahaha ahhhh so funny…So enjoy reading your posts Ryder 🙂

janieleeds said:
    September 17, 2017 at 10:18 AM

Ryder great post! Enjoy the vacation!

declutteringmylifeweb said:
    September 17, 2017 at 10:49 AM

have a very good time!

The Miranda Sings Award said:
    September 17, 2017 at 1:49 PM

[…] Suspense is Thrilling Me // The Fettered Matriarch // YA & Wine // This is my Truth Now // Morganas’s Book Blog // Dressed To Read // Read The Write Act // The Bookish Sisters // […]

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    September 17, 2017 at 5:27 PM

Yay I’m beginning to look forward to Ryder Rants!! hehehe Dads 1 and 2 should bring you along to supervise this trip- Ryder clearly knows what’s what! Also it’s not fair on us poor readers haven’t to look at all these cute photos and not get to give Ryder a great big hug!!

soultogive said:
    September 17, 2017 at 8:55 PM

So cute!

carhicks said:
    September 18, 2017 at 11:06 AM

Poor Ryder. I know that my dog, Bigg, feels the same way when I go away, but I try my best to find him a place where he will be well taken care of and love. You will miss your dads, but know they will miss you too.

RhapsodyBoheme said:
    October 10, 2017 at 2:17 AM

Enjoy your time Ryder, you know Ella will take good care of you.