365 Challenge: Day 203 – Foods (Top 10)

Foods: Top 10 foods I love to cook

food

Sunday posts, the end of each week, have become a theme on This-Is-My-Truth-Now, organized by groups of five (5) focused on interesting things about my life. I’m continuing the trend of the seventh day, ending the week on Sunday, as a list (we know I love them) that provides more in depth knowledge about me.

• Weeks 1 – 5: Primary ethnicity groups and nationalities
  • Weeks 6 – 10: A to Z Favorites
  • Weeks 11 – 15: Colors with an important meaning
  • Weeks 16 – 20: Cities I’ve lived
  • Weeks 21 – 25: Jobs I’ve held

The next set of 5 Sundays covers the ‘Top 10’ of entertainment options that I spend my time thinking about or doing and this week is the Foods I Love to Cook. Since I’m on vacation, I don’t have time to do a full and proper post with pictures, so it will be a brief list to throw out some ideas and maybe I’ll update it in the future.

1. Quiche (asparagus and pancetta)
  2. Salmon (with dill, rosemary and capers)
  3. Chocolate Cake (three layers with buttercream icing)
  4. Brisket (with a red wine based sauce)
  5. Whole Chicken (wrapped in pastry dough with herbs and stuffing)
  6. Brussel Sprouts (with olive oil, prosciutto, herbs and cranberries)
  7. Meat Loaf and Pommes Anna
  8. Bread stuffing (everything from scratch including the bread)
  9. Tilapia (baked in parchment paper with fresh vegetables)
  10. Soups (everything from leftovers of a meal)

All of these items are just the overall idea, but everything I cook is always different from the previous time. I also can’t follow recipes despite how rule-oriented and organized I am. I change an ingredient each time, rarely cooking the same thing over and over again. Wish I had more time to share recipes, ideas and pictures, but if you want to know anything more, I will happily share when I return. Oddly enough, these aren’t my favorite meals to eat. I tend to love raw foods, but I won’t ‘cook’ them myself as I worry about quality when I buy food, refrigeration and safety. I’ll leave that preparation to the experts. I also love desserts more than anything else, but I couldn’t possibly name all those, nor do I have time to cook them very often…

fooddsdsdsd.jpg

34 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 203 – Foods (Top 10)

Mel Gutiér said:
    October 1, 2017 at 12:07 AM

I need to come over for dinner, if you can do all that! Everything sounds delicious!

AJ said:
    October 1, 2017 at 12:54 AM

I was hungry before I read this post and now I’m ravenous after that list🤣

October 1, 2017 at 1:18 AM

Yummy to all of those and how do you not weigh over 300 pounds if you cook all that? I gained 10 just reading the list. I am really trying to lose some weight and that didn’t help!

overthehillontheyellowbrickroad said:
    October 1, 2017 at 8:20 AM

Every single thing on your list looks amazing!

October 1, 2017 at 8:37 AM

Thanks for offering to cook dinner! I will be right over!💚

October 1, 2017 at 1:01 PM

I don’t follow recipes either. I have lots of books, lots of which I’ve written all over, then I just use them as guides. I like to just wing it when I cook! I love that list, You have food on there I have never eaten! 😲

vinnieh said:
    October 1, 2017 at 1:47 PM

This post is making me hungry. By the way, I’m sorry for being so absent. Had so much to do, but I’m back now and will catch up with your blog.

October 1, 2017 at 4:01 PM

When am I coming over for dinner?

janieleeds said:
    October 1, 2017 at 5:35 PM

Now you’ve gone and made me hungry! 🙂 Looks like a delicious list by the way!

October 1, 2017 at 7:41 PM

I can’t cook without using a recipe heck I can’t cook with a recipe lol.

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    October 3, 2017 at 6:03 PM

Yum! Salmon is the best! And chocolate cake (of course!) And Brisket and meat loaf! And I always love soups- even in summer 😀 (is it obvious that I love food lol?)

October 4, 2017 at 6:04 AM

i can’t cook! like at all 😀 and it surprises me, because my mom and dad and my grandparents and even my brother can cook. but it’s just nothing for me. i ruin everything hahaha 😀

October 5, 2017 at 8:01 PM

Your list made me hungry.

[…] 365 Challenge: Day 203 – Foods (Top 10) […]