365 Challenge: Day 204 – Return

Return: arrival at home from a long trip

return home

I have made my official return home from the fifteen day vacation. Everything went quite smoothly today. We checked out of the hotel, returned the rental car and got through security very quickly in Orlando. Our flight was ready on-time and arrived early in NYC. Our suitcases were one of the first few on the conveyor belt at baggage claim. No line at the taxi. No traffic back to the apartment. It was a bit shocking, but quite welcome. So many choices today that I had to make:

• I think I gained about 8 pounds on this trip. Do I start eating healthy again today or tomorrow? Since I had a croissant for breakfast, I felt like it was still a vacation day. Therefore, we ordered pizza delivery from the taxi on the way back home from the airport. Decision — Start healthy tomorrow!
  • Do we unpack as soon as we get home or relax? Neither of us wanted to look at the luggage all evening so we spent thirty minutes and fully unpacked everything.
  • Laundry tonight or tomorrow?  I’m a tad lazy today, so I’ll start it tomorrow. It’s a mountain!
  • Will Ryder remember us or ignore us for leaving him alone? He was super excited at first but now is being aloof. He did beg for lots of pizza. I think we’re being punished.
  • Pizza for dinner. No cooking. Too tired to go out. Not even a choice.
  • What to do about the vacation costs? Should I verify now or in a few days? Decided to do it now, e.g. match all the pre-paid costs versus credit card charges versus pending items. I’m a little obsessive, so I’m actually working on it right now.
  • I left the house cleaned. Do you know how much dust accumulates over two weeks? Wow! Should I start tomorrow or wait until the end of the week? I will spend an entire day cleaning this week.
  • Mail sorted. List of ‘to-do items’ made. Bills paid.

I have a few more errands to run and priorities to organize for tomorrow, but by early evening tonight, everything should be back in normal swing. And later on, we’ll watch a bit of TV, as we didn’t almost the whole trip. Excited to see Will and Grace! I also have feedback from 6 of 9 beta readers (some had full manuscript, some had a few chapters), so I will get that all saved locally to begin tomorrow morning with editing plans. And oh yeah, I got the semi-final cover of Watching Glass Shatter from the publisher this week. I really like it and can’t wait to share it soon.

It’s 68 in NYC. Finally a return to lower temperatures! I will return tomorrow with a regular post. Thanks for everyone’s patience while I was away, unable to comment much on others posts or reply to your comments. I hope you enjoyed the trip and the pictures. More to come later this month, once I settle back in to a routine. Have a great day!

30 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 204 – Return

susandyer1962 said:
    October 2, 2017 at 4:58 PM

Welcome home Jay……I’m typing through tears……not only for the mass slaughter in Vegas but now Tom Petty died…….what a horrible day………

October 2, 2017 at 5:04 PM

I read about the Las Vegas tragedy just as I was arriving at the gate this morning. Awful. And also just a few minutes ago about Tom Petty. rough day.

AJ said:
    October 2, 2017 at 5:12 PM

With that trip home, I think perhaps you should buy a lottery ticket:)

October 2, 2017 at 5:31 PM

So glad you’re back!! Missed chatting! Dust is ridiculous….I keep the dust rag on the tv stand…..no reason to put it away…..and hate to totally rain on your Disney parade, but it’s supposed to be 80 on Thursday!! But so glad to have you back!

October 2, 2017 at 6:40 PM

Welcome home! Give Ryder lots of kisses and a roast!

Jessica Rachow said:
    October 2, 2017 at 6:41 PM

Welcome home! 😊

theloyalbritwit said:
    October 2, 2017 at 7:09 PM

Welcome home, Jay! I hope both of you had a fantastic time during your (relaxing) fifteen days! And I hope Ryder did, too! 😃 Sounds like you’re very productive, both on and off vacation. Cheers to unwinding!

Kristin said:
    October 2, 2017 at 10:37 PM

Welcome home! Rest and relax a few days. Unless you have allergies. Then by all means, dust tomorrow!

October 2, 2017 at 10:44 PM

Welcome back. Glad your trip went well. Looking forward to more pictures. Sad day all around otherwise, although turns out Tom Petty may not actually be dead yet. Crossing fingers on that one, although if he had no brain activity for any length of time, it may not be good.

Books Teacup and Reviews said:
    October 3, 2017 at 1:47 AM

Welcome back!! I hope had fantastic trip. 🙂

mainepaperpusher said:
    October 3, 2017 at 3:34 AM

Hehe, I knew Ryder would make you pay! I just didn’t know it would be in pizza! Welcome back! 💕

October 3, 2017 at 7:41 AM

Welcome home!! As nice as it is to get away for a while I bet you are happy to be back home in your own bed.

October 3, 2017 at 7:44 AM

Thank you. Yes, it was good to be home. I had a few moments last night where we weren’t doing anything (still acclimating) and kept saying ‘where are we supposed to be next?’

October 3, 2017 at 9:35 AM

You are so organised! It takes me weeks to unpack after a vacation, and I only travel with cash so I don’t have to mess with the books when I get home! I also eat really healthy on vacation, I’m weird!!

October 4, 2017 at 6:06 AM

welcome back jay! i hope you had an amazing vacation! when i come back home, i always unpack my suitcase and that’s it! nothing more 😀
    you have to be very nice to ryder now hahaha 😀

October 4, 2017 at 11:09 AM

Welcome home! I just know you had a wonderful vacation after seeing all your updates. Lots to do, but you’ll get it done in time. I think I would relax a bit and take my time catching up. ❤ I wish I could've seen Ryder's reaction when you got home. 🙂

October 5, 2017 at 5:42 PM

It’s good to have you back!