365 Challenge: Day 218 – Holiday (Ryder Rant)

Holiday: a special day where you send out a card to all your friends, family and acquaintances

holidays.jpg

Hello, Furry Friends! I just assume you are all dogs like me, please don’t take offense. The world would really be better off if we were all dogs who just wanted to cuddle with one another. Too many bad things going on and I just hate reading about all of them. I do read a lot, in case you didn’t know that… Mostly stories with dogs in them, or the news to see if anything special is happening. Speaking of special, let’s chat a bit about holidays, as there are quite a few coming up in my world.

Halloween is always fun around here. The building has trick-or-treating for all the kids. Dad 2 calls it “Ryder’s Halloween Extravaganza” or something like that… I don’t always pay attention. We bought a bunch of candy for it, or rather my Grandma, Dad 1’s mom, bought a bunch of candy for it. She laughed when Dad 1 told her how much he paid last year for candy in the city, so she bought bags in the ‘burbs where I used to live and dropped it off for him. But he’s been eating several pieces of it lately. I’m worried I may not have any left. He keeps complaining his belly hurts from it, yet he still eats it. Now I know where I got it from; he can’t say anything bad about me anymore now that I’m on to him. Anyways… it’s coming up… and I’ll be ready to answer the door for all the trick-or-treaters even though there may be small children haunting me.

The other big news is Dad 2 created the Christmas card to send out this year. Last year, he took a photo of me sitting under the Christmas tree, claiming he would use it this year. He bought a new computer yesterday and decided to start working on the card. Apparently it’s all done, but he won’t let me see it. It’s off to the printer after he put his own finishing touches on it. It seems I’m the cover photo and will be sent out to everyone. How exciting! I will have to share a picture of it once I see it. Can you believe it’s almost Christmas season? I know we first have to get thru Halloween and Thanksgiving, but planning has started. I already know what I want for the holidays. And no, it’s not a brother or sister, so bite your tongues.

Time to go check on all the fall flowers… it’s a beautiful 55 degrees here in NYC, so everything is starting to really feel like autumn. Ah, it’s a good start to the week. What’s up for your holiday planning? Bye for now!

30 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 218 – Holiday (Ryder Rant)

tylerus said:
    October 16, 2017 at 11:46 AM

I got so excited, I deleted the post. LOL As I was saying, you take a fantastic photo and are TOO adorable! May all your upcoming holidays be filled with cheer and only the best of news. 🙂

October 16, 2017 at 11:54 AM

Thanks for the Halloween reminder Ryder, I’ve been completely distracted and had missed how close it is. I need to decorate! 🎃
    We don’t do Thanksgiving, well not officially, but I like the food so I usually cook a Thanksgiving dinner for my birthday which is normally the same week.
    And Christmas, Eugh, I hate Christmas. Sooner that’s over and done with the better.

October 16, 2017 at 12:07 PM

Sorry! Maybe the card will help. 🙂 Yay Halloween. Take pics of your decorations.

foodzesty said:
    October 16, 2017 at 12:02 PM

Awwwww so cute!! Holidays not sure yet, but I am sure Charlie will think of something!! 🙂

October 16, 2017 at 12:30 PM

Yay! I’m sure your picture will be so adorable, Ryder. All of our decorations are up and we are so excited for all of the holidays this year. Enjoy your trick-or-treating! ❤

October 16, 2017 at 12:48 PM

Ryder, you are such a good boy!! Go find the treats!!

October 16, 2017 at 2:18 PM

Oooh All Hallows Eve. Did you know it was also called that Ryder? Can’t wait to see the holiday card buddy. 😉

roseelaineblog said:
    October 16, 2017 at 2:30 PM

Woof woof 🐶

October 16, 2017 at 4:46 PM

What do you want for Christmas Ryder?!

theGracetyle said:
    October 17, 2017 at 12:18 AM

Two of my favorite holidays of the year-Thanksgiving and Christmas! ❤️ Can’t wait.

Sassy Brit (Reviewer) said:
    October 17, 2017 at 5:02 AM

LOL Cute!

October 17, 2017 at 5:21 AM

awww ryder is sooo cute 😍😍😍
    we do not celebrate halloween and thanksgiving here in germany, but i am very much looking forward to christmas and family time 🤗

October 17, 2017 at 7:53 AM

Christmas in Germany must be amazing!!!

October 17, 2017 at 7:56 AM

well, it depends where you are. i prefer the country side, especially with snow. but the city is great because of the lights. 😍 well yeah, christmas is amazing 😂

Aislynn d'Merricksson said:
    October 21, 2017 at 7:39 AM

Cutie!

Shiba inu?

October 23, 2017 at 9:59 AM

Ryder is simply adorable. I plan to hold trick or treat at the BACK door by the Little Free Library and to hopefully send home a few books along with the candy. I have already been pushing Goosebumps series and any other ghoulish books (currently they’re all gone) which I’ve gathered for almost a full year from donations and trips to Half Price Books. I used to love reading Bunnicula to my sixth graders in honor of Halloween.

RhapsodyBoheme said:
    October 23, 2017 at 10:59 AM

Awe Ryder that is fantastic news and you are so handsome that any cover that grazes you, looks instantly better. Keep an eye out for the candy, you might have to hide some of it to keep it safe until Halloween. Woof & cuddles

newyorknorthfineart said:
    November 13, 2017 at 6:00 PM

Interesting blog post! I like the idea of looking at yourself and what you want out of this life. Here is something that I think is a great idea. If you like it, please pass it on.