365 Challenge: Day 221 – Zero

Zero: the amount of time and words available to spend anywhere but editing today

zero

There are moments in life when you are scrambling to get something done and have zero capacity to focus on anything else. Today is one of those days. I have edits due before midnight to the publisher to re-format Watching Glass Shatter so that it includes all the small issues we’ve collected in the last few weeks. Bad news:  I’ve been editing for 10 hours and have at least 4 more to go. Good news: The final product will be updated and will contain so many great fixes before the printed version. So all my words and attention are focused on that task, leaving me zero seconds for the 365 post. Since I’m dedicated to this blog and won’t fail to post, today, my message is simple:

It’s more than acceptable to just show up sometimes — without anything of value to share or give. A friend may just be happy to see your face and know they have your support.

XOXOXO

26 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 221 – Zero

October 19, 2017 at 8:29 PM

I love how dedicated you are even though you are so busy!!

Mel Gutiér said:
    October 19, 2017 at 8:33 PM

Love this! 😎

dtills said:
    October 19, 2017 at 8:40 PM

Love it! I did get your email and am thinking about what is realistic for me to commit too doing. I will definitely do a review and could post that to amazon too. I would like to do the the author profile and Q&A. If you need another person to do a giveaway, I could do that. I have never done one before and would need some guidance for sure, but it would be fun to learn how to set that up!
    I just finished my last book and will be starting yours tonight! Cant wait!!

October 19, 2017 at 8:48 PM

I’m excited to hear your thoughts. I know there are several things changed from the version you have, as that was before all of the edits they had been working on and the new ones I just submitted. You may find a few things that are incorrect, but nothing of substance nor impacting to the story. I’ll get back to you tomorrow on the Blog Tour. Hope you have a wonderful evening.

October 19, 2017 at 9:45 PM

Xoxoxo

October 19, 2017 at 11:25 PM

A hundred times better than nothing; great dedication as always 🙂 Hope you get much needed rest!

October 20, 2017 at 5:03 AM

go go go jay!! 🙂

tylerus said:
    October 20, 2017 at 10:08 AM

My friend, I can TOTALLY relate. Good luck.

[…] couple months back I read the first couple of chapters of this book because James posted it on his website. After reading those chapters I knew two things. I knew I wanted to […]

Didi Oviatt - Author said: