365 Challenge: Day 222 – Goodness

Goodness: what I’ve found through so many people via this blog

odnewss

Today’s 365 Daily Challenge word and message is another short but very powerful one: Goodness. I have found such incredible honesty, generosity, kindness and strength from so many people via this blog and other social media accounts. Between a few dozen people suggesting new 365 words to those willing to take a chance on reading my first novel, the individual acts of goodness are amazing. I am grateful to everyone and just wanted to say so in a public manner in a very small way. There will be more gratitude to come as I organize my days, plans and next steps with everything going on.

It costs nothing. It provides a smile. It’s the purpose behind all we do. When you have a choice, why not do the right thing? That’s what crosses my mind 99% of the time, and in that 1% when I struggle to follow goodness, it almost always backfires in my face. I’m glad it does because it teaches me a valuable lesson each time. Thank you to everyone who has chosen to be good. You also have permission to smack me if I’m doing or saying something that isn’t spreading goodness. We all need that wake-up call from time to time.

I’m very excited to start using all the new words everyone has provided. I’ve got the next few days planned out between lists, alerts and Ryder Rants, but on Tuesday, it’s time for the first word suggestion! Have a great weekend.

36 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 222 – Goodness

[…] James […]

theloyalbritwit said:
    October 20, 2017 at 10:00 AM

This brought a smile to my face!! 🙂 Thank you for all you do, Jay; for having the courage to share your thoughts and writings and giving your readers a place to revel in the goodness.

Also, you’re probably not taking any words but I would still like to throw out one of my favorites: persnickety. Don’t ask me why it’s a fave besides the obvious pronunciation hahaha! That and I may be a wee bit fussy myself. 😅

October 20, 2017 at 10:06 AM

I can definitely add that word to the list! 🙂

Thank you for saying something so kind. I’m so glad we connected… grateful to she who must not be named that did so! (ha!)

theloyalbritwit said:
        October 20, 2017 at 10:20 AM

Oh yay! Hopefully it gives you good vibes then! 😬😁

I am too…but you’re right we shan’t speak of her out loud…! (haha)

October 20, 2017 at 10:03 AM

you put a smile on our faces, so we’re glad to give it back 🙂

tylerus said:
    October 20, 2017 at 10:09 AM

I love the optimism – never, ever, lose it!!!

October 20, 2017 at 10:10 AM

I appreciate it. The connections on this blog have truly made me a better person.

AJ said:
    October 20, 2017 at 10:44 AM

Can’t wait!

October 20, 2017 at 10:52 AM

It takes less work to smile than it does to frown (actually, I just looked that up and it may not really be true as it takes about the same facial muscles for each). Still, I do know that I would much rather get a smile back than a frown and you get what you give. Remember to practice yours for your soon to become many selfies with your adoring fans. Have a happy day!

Atwood Cutting said:
    October 20, 2017 at 11:08 AM

Hello, James. I have not forgotten your kind author alert offer and I want to email you, but my technological prowess is not up to the job. How can I contact you? atwoodcutting@gmail.com

October 20, 2017 at 11:29 AM

This is a lovely post Jay, and you are an amazingly good person who does so much for others so I don’t think you need to worry about it at all. Thanks for all you’ve done for me because it’s been epic! 😊

October 20, 2017 at 12:39 PM

This made me smile…thank you for being you!💚

roseelaineblog said:
    October 20, 2017 at 12:58 PM

Wishing you a lovely weekend too 😉

October 20, 2017 at 2:37 PM

Goodness gracious!
    That’s all I got. I don’t know what else to add that you didn’t already say and you know how I feel about you so yeah 😉

October 20, 2017 at 2:46 PM

Aww, thank you! Ditto. And you’re exempt from having to say anything on here when you don’t want to. We talk every day!

Robin @The Robin's Nest said:
    October 20, 2017 at 3:33 PM

Love it! Perfect post Jay – Great big smile 🙂

Beware Of The Reader said:
    October 20, 2017 at 4:28 PM

This is so true and something I try to live by every day. Be kind to others and do the right thing. Thank you for reminding us.

October 20, 2017 at 4:36 PM

Very excited to see new words!! so much more to tell you since the other day.!!

Michelle said:
    October 20, 2017 at 6:38 PM

“Gratitude takes what you have and makes it enough.” – unknown

One of my favorite phrases. Great post.

Martie said:
    October 20, 2017 at 6:47 PM

Good word. Pun intended. 😉

Cozynookbks said:
    October 21, 2017 at 4:50 AM

Great word! A little goodness goes a long way.

I hope you got all your edits done the other day
    ( :

October 21, 2017 at 8:12 AM

Phew, I did. They are with the publisher and hopefully launch in a week. Thanks. 🙂 I liked today’s word — it does go a long way!

R A I N said:
        October 21, 2017 at 8:36 AM

OH MY GODD!!! THAT WAS SUCH A SWEET POST!!! 😍😍 And you are SOOOO right! Sometimes trying to be good DOES cost us. EVEN IF ONLY IN TERMS OF MISUNDERSTANDING. I just think that it’s because some people haven’t yet hardened themselves to the idea of being worthy of good things?? They find it SHOCKING that people should be kind to them when ALMOST EVERYONE ELSE THEY MEET are a “detest-fest” 😂😂 and as false as the ass on Kim Kardashian. 🤣🤣 (OKAYYY I AM SOOO SOO SORRY BUT I JUST COULDN’T RESIST!!! OH GAAAWWWDDD!!! 😂😂)

Anywaayyyyy, LOVELY POST. ☺

October 21, 2017 at 8:52 AM

Detest-Fest? I love that phrase. Thanks for sharing. Ugh… people should just be good. I want to shake them until they realize it. Grt. comments

R A I N said:
        October 21, 2017 at 9:02 AM

HAHAHA!! I invented it. 😎 HOW COOOL AM I?? 😂😂

Just kidding. (no, seriously. 😂)

Yeah…it’ll be a good idea to shake them. 😂 GOD!!! I can imagine how that conversation would go like and I am LAUGHING HARD just imagining it. 😂😂

misifusa said:
    October 21, 2017 at 12:58 PM

Great word for today! You definitely shine GOODNESS!