Day: October 22, 2017
Help: the various ways to support someone who is trying to launch a new product or service (like a book)
Sundays are LIST days and today is no different. Do you know someone who recently launched a new product or service (artist, author/book, greeting cards, editing services… it goes on forever!) but you’re not exactly sure how to best help them? Perhaps you’re not a reader or you don’t have a lot of money to purchase their new book or product. That’s OK! You can still be a critical part of his or her team by supporting them in tons of other ways. Below is a quick LIST of possible ways you can help promote or market, whether it’s a writer, painter, artist, creator, editor, musician… adapt the option to fit the service.
- Tell your friends, family and colleagues all about the person and their product.
- Write a review (even a simple one):
- I’ve learned some interesting things about Amazon from reasonably reliable sources. Amazon doesn’t do anything to highlight your book (or product) until you have at least 20 reviews (good or bad). For instance, they might not start suggesting “if you liked product X, you might like product Y” until you have those reviews, assuming if no one writers a review, why would their marketing automation ever pick it up.
- They may not showcase your product in certain areas on their page if it’s not getting reviews or purchases. They want to promote products that are already selling, so they start first with those who have a lot of reviews.
- Ask the author or creator HOW you can help them other than buy the book or product. They might already have ideas but no one to test them out.
- Join their mailing list and then share those emails with your friends.
- Re-Blog content. It could be some of the author’s posts, or even book reviews by other readers. Keep the momentum going.
- Social Media
- Tweet about the artist or author, the book or share what others in your circles have said about it.
- Post something on Facebook to interest other people. Perhaps fun quotes or pics that might garner new fans.
- BookTube your thoughts on the genre or author and let others get familiar with the names.
- Share the cover or painting on Instagram with different hashtags.
- Like their posts and pages wherever you can.
- Check at your local bookstores or galleries to see if they have opportunities to highlight authors and artists.
- Suggest the book for any book clubs you know.
- Ask for a copy of the book if you can hold a giveaway with a lot of potential people who might then buy it.
- Ask the author for a 1-page marketing sheet with all the key details so you can tell others about it and find your own method.
- If you see a great website or app highlighting or promoting other books and products, tell the author as (s)he may not know about alternative places to market.
Share any other ideas you might have! Let this be interactive as it always is on the 365 Daily Challenge. I’ve got the best followers, friends and fans… can’t say enough positive things about all of you who are sharing the love. I just want to spread the news to everyone so they know how to help each other. Thank you to everyone for their advice, support and words. It is much appreciated on all levels.
Sunday posts, the end of each week, have become a theme on This-Is-My-Truth-Now, often organized by groups of five (5) focused on interesting things about my life. I’m continuing the trend of the seventh day, ending the week on Sunday, as a list (we know I love them) that provides more in depth knowledge about me. Past weeks included:
- Weeks 1 – 5: Primary ethnicity groups and nationalities
- Weeks 6 – 10: A to Z Favorites
- Weeks 11 – 15: Colors with an important meaning
- Weeks 16 – 20: Cities I’ve lived
- Weeks 21 – 25: Jobs I’ve held
- Weeks 26 – 30: Top 10 entertainment options
- Week 31: How to follow or contact me across all social media platforms
About Me & the “365 Daily Challenge”
I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.
The goal: Knowledge. Acceptance. Understanding. Optimization. Happiness. Help. For myself. For others. And if all else fails, humor. When I’m finished in one year, I hope to have more answers about the future and what I will do with the remainder of my life. All aspects to be considered. It’s not just about a career, hobbies, residence, activities, efforts, et al. It’s meant to be a comprehensive study and reflection from an ordinary man. Not a doctor. Not a therapist. Not a friend. Not an encyclopedia full of prior research. Just pure thought, a blogged journal with true honesty.
Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks.
Watching Glass Shatter is going on an amazing blog tour thanks to 18 fantastic bloggers who will be participating in the coming weeks.
The schedule of blogs and other key information is listed in the banners below. Many thanks to everyone’s hard work, especially Nel @ Reactionary Tales and Noriko @ Diary of a Bookfiend for helping design and build these marketing materials.
On this blog tour, you will find in the coming weeks:
- Several opportunities to win e-versions of the book via special GIVEAWAYS
- In-depth interviews with the author about everything from the book to his personal life
- ‘Watching Glass Shatter’ Book Reviews
- Videos with the Author & Friends
- Special news about the Glass family and future book releases
To purchase this novel, go to Amazon @ http://mybook.to/WGS
Subscribe to the author’s mailing list to learn more information about the plans for 2018.
Click here to subscribe and win a chance in the Giveaway. Winners will be announced during the blog Tour. More information to come on how many winners will be selected and when it will be revealed. The contest will be opened through November 5th, 2017 when the Blog Tour starts.
Are you excited to become an honorary member of the Glass Family? Stay Tuned For More!
A contemporary fiction novel focusing on a New England family’s drama set in current times. The wealthy Glass family has lost its patriarch, Benjamin Glass, sooner than expected. Benjamin’s widow, Olivia, and her 5 sons each react to his death in their own way while preparing for the reading of his will. But it is Olivia who receives a very unexpected confession from her late husband about one of their sons that could shatter the whole family.
Prior to revealing the secret to her children, Olivia needs to figure out which boy Ben is referring to in the confession he left her in his will. While the family attorney is searching for the mysterious Rowena Hector whom Ben says holds the answers, Olivia asks her sons to each spend a week with her as she isn’t ready to let go of the past. But when Olivia visits her sons, she quickly learns that each one has been keeping his own secret from her.
Olivia never expected her remaining years would be so complex and life altering, but she will not rest until she is able to bring her family back together after Ben’s untimely death. Will she be able to fix them or will the whole family implode? We all need family. We all want to fit in. We’re a mix of quirky fun!
This entry was posted in My Blog, My Writing, Watching a Glass Shatter and tagged author, blog, blog tour, book review, book tour, drama, family, for sale, giveaway, interview, review, watching glass shatter.