Help: the various ways to support someone who is trying to launch a new product or service (like a book)
Sundays are LIST days and today is no different. Do you know someone who recently launched a new product or service (artist, author/book, greeting cards, editing services… it goes on forever!) but you’re not exactly sure how to best help them? Perhaps you’re not a reader or you don’t have a lot of money to purchase their new book or product. That’s OK! You can still be a critical part of his or her team by supporting them in tons of other ways. Below is a quick LIST of possible ways you can help promote or market, whether it’s a writer, painter, artist, creator, editor, musician… adapt the option to fit the service.
- Tell your friends, family and colleagues all about the person and their product.
- Write a review (even a simple one):
- I’ve learned some interesting things about Amazon from reasonably reliable sources. Amazon doesn’t do anything to highlight your book (or product) until you have at least 20 reviews (good or bad). For instance, they might not start suggesting “if you liked product X, you might like product Y” until you have those reviews, assuming if no one writers a review, why would their marketing automation ever pick it up.
- They may not showcase your product in certain areas on their page if it’s not getting reviews or purchases. They want to promote products that are already selling, so they start first with those who have a lot of reviews.
- Ask the author or creator HOW you can help them other than buy the book or product. They might already have ideas but no one to test them out.
- Join their mailing list and then share those emails with your friends.
- Re-Blog content. It could be some of the author’s posts, or even book reviews by other readers. Keep the momentum going.
- Social Media
- Tweet about the artist or author, the book or share what others in your circles have said about it.
- Post something on Facebook to interest other people. Perhaps fun quotes or pics that might garner new fans.
- BookTube your thoughts on the genre or author and let others get familiar with the names.
- Share the cover or painting on Instagram with different hashtags.
- Like their posts and pages wherever you can.
- Check at your local bookstores or galleries to see if they have opportunities to highlight authors and artists.
- Suggest the book for any book clubs you know.
- Ask for a copy of the book if you can hold a giveaway with a lot of potential people who might then buy it.
- Ask the author for a 1-page marketing sheet with all the key details so you can tell others about it and find your own method.
- If you see a great website or app highlighting or promoting other books and products, tell the author as (s)he may not know about alternative places to market.
Share any other ideas you might have! Let this be interactive as it always is on the 365 Daily Challenge. I’ve got the best followers, friends and fans… can’t say enough positive things about all of you who are sharing the love. I just want to spread the news to everyone so they know how to help each other. Thank you to everyone for their advice, support and words. It is much appreciated on all levels.
Sunday posts, the end of each week, have become a theme on This-Is-My-Truth-Now, often organized by groups of five (5) focused on interesting things about my life. I’m continuing the trend of the seventh day, ending the week on Sunday, as a list (we know I love them) that provides more in depth knowledge about me. Past weeks included:
- Weeks 1 – 5: Primary ethnicity groups and nationalities
- Weeks 6 – 10: A to Z Favorites
- Weeks 11 – 15: Colors with an important meaning
- Weeks 16 – 20: Cities I’ve lived
- Weeks 21 – 25: Jobs I’ve held
- Weeks 26 – 30: Top 10 entertainment options
- Week 31: How to follow or contact me across all social media platforms
About Me & the “365 Daily Challenge”
I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.
The goal: Knowledge. Acceptance. Understanding. Optimization. Happiness. Help. For myself. For others. And if all else fails, humor. When I’m finished in one year, I hope to have more answers about the future and what I will do with the remainder of my life. All aspects to be considered. It’s not just about a career, hobbies, residence, activities, efforts, et al. It’s meant to be a comprehensive study and reflection from an ordinary man. Not a doctor. Not a therapist. Not a friend. Not an encyclopedia full of prior research. Just pure thought, a blogged journal with true honesty.
Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks.