365 Challenge: Day 225 – Revenge (RYDER RANT)

Revenge: when Ryder has decided to properly fight back to get his way

revenge.jpg

Bark Bark Bark. That’s all I have to say this morning. Apparently I am not doing my job very well. Dad 2 is complaining all the time about being bitten by little flies at night while he’s sleeping. They leave the windows open during the day and there are no screens. I guess the building thinks because you’re on the 12th floor, there aren’t any bugs, but there are lots of them. Anyways, he told me yesterday that I am supposed to keep the bugs out of the house. Really? That doesn’t seem like something I should have to do. So I told them to fix it and stop complaining. They had a hanging screen when they bought the place, but they couldn’t find it. I watched them take apart the closet for about an hour yesterday, trying to find it. I could have told them where it was, but they didn’t ask me. Needless to say, once they found it, they hung it up with a tension rod at the top of the door to the terrace. The first time it fell and almost hit me. I was not amused. Then they fixed the tension piece and were able to get it to permanently fix to the sides of the door jamb. Now it hangs down and I have to push through it to get outside or back inside. Weren’t they supposed to get a new door with a doggy entrance and a built-in screen so that this is all easier? Seriously… telling me it’s my job to catch flies. Ridiculous.

While they were busy trying to prove they have handyman skills, I took the opportunity to check on my bag of Halloween candy in another closet. It’s chocolate, so I can’t eat it. But it’s for all my little trick-o-treaters next week. It’s half gone! Those animals ate my candy. They better replace it. If not, I will be very upset. Speaking of Halloween, Dad 1 almost had a radio spot that afternoon for the launch of his new book. He’s going to be interviewed for an hour about his background, the book and future projects. It’s very exciting, but since it’s over the phone, we didn’t want to do it on Halloween. It’ll be noisier and I might bark at the door when people stop by to scare us. So it will happen in November now, but it’s still super exciting.

The other frustrating thing they keep telling me this week is that I stink. Well, in my defense, I haven’t gotten to the groomer since before they went away on that 15-day vacation, so I have no sympathy for them. I offered to take a bath even though I hate them. Maybe they should schedule a visit to Biscuits & Bath or bathe me themselves instead of complaining. You must see that trend, don’t you? Always something to say to me lately… not right! As payback, I’ve refused to take my morning pills. I have epilepsy and take anti-seizure medicine twice a day. They hide them in Pill Pockets, but I am not sure I like this new flavor, so I haven’t been eating them very quickly. Maybe they will connect the dots, those nutters, and realize it’s all part of the same puzzle. Treat me well, I do things the right way. Treat me poorly, and all hell will break loose in NYC. You’re with me, right?

See ya next week… I’ve got to search for some birds outside; it’s time one made an appearance on the dining room floor.

58 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 225 – Revenge (RYDER RANT)

Nthato Morakabi said:
    October 23, 2017 at 9:09 AM

Poor Ryder! Haha so well written though… I pawed through it with much humour.

Patty said:
    October 23, 2017 at 9:13 AM

Poor Ryder! He needs some Halloween treats. And congrats on the radio interview Jay. 🙂 So exciting. Ryder needs a Halloween costume. 😉

October 23, 2017 at 9:15 AM

Oh, he doesn’t like costumes. But that might be fair payback. Have you figured out what everyone’s wearing for Halloween at your place?

Patty said:
        October 23, 2017 at 9:22 AM

My son is going to be a TRex. It is an awesome costume. I was a fairy last year so not sure what I will be this year. Maybe a cat lady??? I have to find some toy cats though. One year I was the Cat in the Hat and my niece and son were Thing 1 & 2. 🙂

October 23, 2017 at 9:26 AM

That’s cute! And you should totally be the cat lady. I need a picture!

Patty said:
        October 23, 2017 at 9:37 AM

I promise! 🙂

Kathy @ Books & Munches said:
    October 23, 2017 at 9:18 AM

Exactly the kind of post I needed to brighten up my Monday!
    I think Ryder deserves some candy now.

tylerus said:
    October 23, 2017 at 9:40 AM

You tell ’em Ryder!

authorsinspirations said:
    October 23, 2017 at 9:43 AM

maybe you should get a few spiders to eat the flies and leave the poor dog alone. And congratulations on the interview. and oh, bathe the dog, don’t complain when he stinks.

Mel Gutiér said:
    October 23, 2017 at 9:57 AM

I’m with you love! You’re my favorite! Why they’re not interviewing you is beyond me! I think it must be some kind of mistake. 😘

October 23, 2017 at 10:21 AM

perfect post for a long day!! ryder, i hope you’ll get some treats for this. i will talk to your dad. i will also tell him congratulations on his interview! that’s awesome! 🙂

Mintly said:
    October 23, 2017 at 10:37 AM

Poor Ryder… get him some candies…Haha..What’s a good Monday’s reading!

RhapsodyBoheme said:
    October 23, 2017 at 11:04 AM

Poor, poor Ryder, I hope you get your bath soon and get to soak in bubbles, nibbling on biscuits. Watch that candy 🐕

foodzesty said:
    October 23, 2017 at 11:13 AM

Sweet Ryder 🙂

lifepunchesback said:
    October 23, 2017 at 11:15 AM

Ryder is a hoot. I felt bad that he can’t have those chocolates he probably craves so much.

October 23, 2017 at 11:52 AM

Mistreatment for sure. Congrats on the interview. We have one of the screens that attach to the doors too and our cat goes in and out pretty easily. We were also pleasantly surprised at how well it keeps out the flies too. Ryder, take your meds. There are other ways to protest and your health is important. Happy Monday.

AJ said:
    October 23, 2017 at 1:07 PM

Thanks for the giggle!

roseelaineblog said:
    October 23, 2017 at 1:40 PM

Hilarious, I love Ryder so much he has so much common sense , this post had me laughing out loud. Loved it 😉

October 23, 2017 at 2:49 PM

I think the proper revenge would be two bird species in the dining room……they really need to treat you better. I believe a full spa day is in order!

October 23, 2017 at 4:05 PM

Now, now Ryder, be a good boy.

October 23, 2017 at 4:08 PM

Poor Ryder! Some serious neglect going on here! Bad Daddies!

Gayla Stevens said:
    October 23, 2017 at 4:18 PM

Love Ryder’s posts.

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    October 23, 2017 at 8:07 PM

hehe oh no Ryder you’ve got to take your pills!!!!

mainepaperpusher said:
    October 24, 2017 at 11:38 AM

Ryder, Our Mom made us stay out in our outdoor kennel while the satellite man came. She locked the door!!! I sniffed around but Levi just stood on the dog deck. haha, we have a deck, but Mom and Dad don’t! It was 45 minutes before we could come back in! I celebrated by jumping all over Mom and pulling Levi’s tail! He was not amused, but he was happy he could get back to his spot on the couch. I think I’ll just sit here with my head on the back of the couch looking at the horses outside the window. ❤️ Walter 🐾 and also Levi 🐾.

October 24, 2017 at 2:55 PM

Hey boys! How is Levi feeling? Sometimes a locked door is a good thing — keeps us out of trouble!

mainepaperpusher said:
        October 25, 2017 at 3:24 AM

Levi has had his ups and downs, but today he was a bottomless pit. Which is good because he’s gotten soooo skinny.Walter does NOT agree with you Ryder as far as the locked door thing goes. He has learned how to open two different types of door handles/knobs. Don’t go getting ideas, either. The Dads would kill me for telling you! 🐾

October 25, 2017 at 8:08 AM

I’ll keep it a secret. And I’m glad L’s better today.

Books Teacup and Reviews said:
    October 25, 2017 at 1:00 PM

Congratulations on interview!! This was fun to read and best Ryder post. ☺️

October 29, 2017 at 10:30 AM

You poor thing! Tell your dad’s to get you some yummy treats for Halloween. I wish we lived closer so I could bring you some! I wonder if you would take your medicine in some soft food? 🐶

October 29, 2017 at 10:33 AM

He’d probably leave me and come running to you! 🙂 he is back to taking the pills again. Was just a 2-day thing where he got a tad finicky!

October 29, 2017 at 11:01 AM

Aww, I know he loves his dad’s! 😉 Glad he’s taking his meds again. 💜 It’s so scary when our pets don’t want to do what we know they NEED to do. 😊

October 29, 2017 at 2:52 PM

Quite true! I ended up making a pie today, btw! Maybe I’ll let Ryder have a small slice.

October 29, 2017 at 7:09 PM

How cool! I made a pie yesterday! Was planning to share in the morning, lol. 💖 Will be sure to link to your pie post. What kind did you make? We did mile high apple pie. It was good! 😊

October 29, 2017 at 8:17 PM

I will link once you post too!!! mmm high apple, nice! I almost did apple. Went with Georgia Peanut Bourbon Pie. Posted pics on Instagram and Twitter. Mmm, so good!