365 Challenge: Day 227 – Domain

Domain: (1) your home, or (2) website URL folder configuration technical component

domain.jpg

Today I pretend the only definition of the word ‘domain’ is the former one: my abode. Tomorrow I will tackle fixing the domain for my website while trying to transfer from WordPress.org to WordPress.com. Between SSL certificates, re-directs from an old to a new website, incorrect copy in a book telling readers the wrong author website and cache not clearing, I’ve lost 5 hours today. I give up and will tackle it another day. And that’s all I have to say about today’s 365 Daily Challenge word. Happy Hump Day!

43 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 227 – Domain

shalini said:
    October 25, 2017 at 1:53 PM

Aah Jay, some days we should practise the art of lazing around and not be in the virtual world. Be the lord of hearth and domain😉

October 25, 2017 at 2:00 PM

Oh no…put clone number 5 on it! He is not doing a thing but emailing me about gardening questions!

Kristin said:
    October 25, 2017 at 2:10 PM

Let me know if you need help. I’ve been self hosted for awhile so I’m fairly good with redirecting and such.

October 25, 2017 at 3:00 PM

Hope it gets better!!xo

October 25, 2017 at 3:42 PM

I thought to myself as I was cooking dinner “I wonder if the 365 word will be domain today after all that trouble” … Sorry it’s been such a hassle, on the bright side you got to chat to me for several hours! 😉

Kip Walkin said:
    October 25, 2017 at 6:45 PM

So sorry Jay. These glitches don’t ever seem to go away in its entirety. But that’s the virtual world for us. However, I think you will eventually tackle it somehow. Happy Hump Day!😄😄 Be cool.👍

October 25, 2017 at 7:55 PM

Thank you very much! I appreciate it. I am behind a few days on your blog. I have a few open in my browser to read tomorrow! 🙂

AJ said:
    October 25, 2017 at 8:12 PM

Grrr somedays you just gotta hate technology!

October 25, 2017 at 8:54 PM

I haven’t tried to tackle the internet domain stuff, but then I am not as popular as you, yet. When you get it figured out, give us tips okay? Helped my daughter who is in college move some things from one domain to another today. An hour and a half trip one way to get to her house and then moving things from one house to another. Got my exercise in for the day for sure.

tylerus said:
    October 26, 2017 at 8:38 AM

I feel for you – been there many a time. Technology: you gotta hate it as much as ya love it.

carhicks said:
    October 26, 2017 at 1:27 PM

So frustrating. Hope all goes better tomorrow.

bibliophilesworldblog said:
    October 26, 2017 at 2:14 PM

Hey the idea of 365 day challenge is awesome.
    Hey take a look at my blog too.

October 27, 2017 at 4:58 PM

Hope you are able to work everything out and get it working properly.

janieleeds said:
    October 28, 2017 at 10:37 AM

Hope you were successful! 🙂

October 28, 2017 at 2:47 PM

in a different route. I shut down the old website and it’s fixed in the book, so now nobody should be going to it!

janieleeds said:
        October 29, 2017 at 4:21 PM

Excellent – glad you got it worked out! 🙂

Atwood Cutting said:
    October 28, 2017 at 12:58 PM

Hi James. I completely understand your frustrations. These are the sorts of bumps I’ve been encountering, as well. We seem to be navigating the same winding lane of publishing potholes and precipices. Today I awoke to learn that there will be another week’s delay on the eBook, on top of a two-day detour for clarification of just who has the right to list my book. It’s a jungle out there. So, I’ll race you to the finish line, my friend. “Where the Moose Slept” will be displayed at the American Association of School Librarians in two weeks, I hope. There’s a book club presentation on Nov. 15, and your Author Alert unveiling at the end of the month. After that, I think I’ll have a glass of wine, or two or three, and rest my battered mind. Oh, that’s right: Christmas is coming up…

October 28, 2017 at 2:56 PM

It sounds non-stop for you but that might be a good thing. I’m working on the debut author alert this weekend, so in a week or so, once it posts, I’ll have a better idea to show you what I’m thinking of and then we can figure out yours! I can’t recall if you have your book listed on Goodreads. Do you?

Sorry for those delays.

Atwood Cutting said:
        October 28, 2017 at 3:51 PM

Yes, it’s on Goodreads, and it immediately received a 5 star review from Sharyl.

October 28, 2017 at 3:52 PM

Excellent. I will be sure to look that up too when I look at preparing your author alert post.

Atwood Cutting said:
    October 28, 2017 at 1:10 PM

…And I’m still trying to get my website and other social media pages under control.

Darque Dreamer Reads said:
    October 30, 2017 at 4:20 PM

The domain thing between wp.org and .com is so weird to me. I am having a hard enough time deciding if I want to upgrade my wp.com account.

October 30, 2017 at 5:05 PM

Oh, I am not thrilled with ORG… more issues than benefits so far.

Darque Dreamer Reads said:
        October 30, 2017 at 6:04 PM

I’m not sure I understand why wordpress has an org and com. It seems like trying to follow someone with an org from a com has issues too. not all, but I have noticed a few in the past.

October 30, 2017 at 7:15 PM

I was trying to figure it out too… I think it’s whether you host with WP or with a separate hosting provider.

Darque Dreamer Reads said:
        October 30, 2017 at 9:53 PM

Too bad all the providers can’t just get together to make one awesome domain for all bloggers, lol.

October 30, 2017 at 9:55 PM