365 Challenge: Day 230 – Tea

Tea: a [hot] drink made by infusing the dried, crushed leaves of the tea plant in boiling water

tea.jpg

Several weeks ago, I posted all about my love for coffee; I also noted that I’d have a future one about tea. Hence today’s 365 Daily Challenge word… but I need some help. A few people have suggested types of tea in the past, but I haven’t yet made that leap. I don’t plan to give up coffee, but I’m thinking about trying to cleansing-like teas for the winter. I’d love some recommendations and input from all of you!

To give some background, I’m a novice. I have had iced tea before. I have had green tea. I’ve had all the prepackaged kinds from the grocery store. They’re all fine and I am good with having a cup every once in a while; however, if I am going to seriously give tea a chance, shouldn’t it be something where I buy the leaves and brew it myself? I live in NYC, so I should be able to find a good tea store. I know I’ve seen one in the market at Grand Central Station. I tend to like flavors along the lines of vanilla, cinnamon, hazelnut and almond. I’m not much of a ‘berry-flavored’ beverage-guy but willing to give it a try.

Educate me on teas from all over the world. When’s the best time to drink it? Are there different teas for different moods or purposes? How do you feel about tea? Tell me all! I like trying new things. I look forward to hearing from everyone.

UPDATE: I promised to compile the responses together, which I’ve done below. I will try a few over the next couple of weeks and let you know what I thought. Thank you to everyone for such great responses. You are all awesome!

Types of Tea Suggested to Me

• Brands: Yogi, Celestial Seasons, Lipton, Traditional Medicinals, Tazo, Harney & Sons, Grace Tea, Rishi, The Tea Spot, Teapigs, Piccadilly Circus, Jackson’s of Piccadilly

• Orange Pekoe
  • Peppermint
  • Jasmine Green
  • Earl Grey

99 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 230 – Tea

Garabrandt Reviews said:
    October 28, 2017 at 9:35 AM

There are different teas to help with different things. Yogi (brand name) has ones for throats, detox and several other things. Finding loose leaf will give you better flavor, but is messy and harder to find. Pay extra for better brands- Celestial Seasons and Lipton often have an odd after taste.

October 28, 2017 at 2:44 PM

Good advice, thanks. I saw a bunch of loose leaf in that market I mentioned a few weeks ago. I might start there.

theloyalbritwit said:
    October 28, 2017 at 10:04 AM

I may not be the best person to ask this of seeing as how I’m a tea novice myself. Buuuuuuut I read the word and promptly screeched “TEA!” and here I am! 😃

I found a fantastic peppermint flavor that I adore! I love it even more with a little bit of honey in it; if that’s not you’re thing, no worries, I still think it’s a lovely taste with a little bit of sugar. (Peppermint is probably the only one I feel confident I could drink without honey or sugar without making faces all the way through.) A friend for my birthday gifted me some pumpkin spice tea and I was impressed with it! Was actually very wary about it; but again with the honey and the sugar and it’s soooo lovely. Very flavorful! I haven’t done much with the tea leaves, but the peppermint is in a fancy bag you can see the leaves in. (I shelled out more money for the better quality. Figured if I’m trying something I’ve always wanted to, then it better meet all my expectations!) Another one a friend let me try was Jasmine Green tea. That was soothing and lovely. Try some of the breakfast teas just for the heck of it. I heard that Earl Grey taste better with milk or cream, but I’ve only had it with sugar. Also, in case you were curious, I think Earl Grey smells like fruit loops. Haha

I’m still learning name brands. So no real help from me there. Ooooh! But do learn to heed steep times; and the more you drink the more you can identify if you need more time to steep or if you’ve over-steeped. My friends have told me to take the tea bag out. But one of my friends has a sister that is hardcore and leaves it in. Guess it’s all on preference, huh? Hope this helps even a little bit (and gives ya a laugh!) 😆

October 28, 2017 at 2:45 PM

It sounds so complicated, and I like to cook and bake. Peppermint and pumpkin both rank high in my flavor list, so I may start with those. And you’re an honorary Brit, so tea is a natural part of you now!

theloyalbritwit said:
        October 28, 2017 at 3:00 PM

It kind of is complicated, but don’t let it deter you. You should get the hang of it quickly then liking to cook and bake. Hahaha that’s kind of you to say! Good luck!!!🙂 you’ll have to keep us posted on what you end up liking.

October 28, 2017 at 3:03 PM

Will do… I figure by next week, I’ll have a good list to choose from. Then I’ll take a walk to the market as my significant other is away for the weekend for work. I’ll practice making teas!

theloyalbritwit said:
        October 28, 2017 at 3:06 PM

Sounds like you’ve got the fun all planned out in a nice little bow! 😅

janieleeds said:
    October 28, 2017 at 10:34 AM

Sorry, not a tea-totaler here. Only thing I liked was southern sweet tea which is more sugar and ice than actual tea sometimes. lol Hope you find one that you love!

October 28, 2017 at 2:46 PM

Why thank you. Sweet Tea is ok, too sweet for me. I’m trying to reduce sugar, and I get enough in my liquor! 🙂

janieleeds said:
        October 29, 2017 at 4:22 PM

Sweet tea is super sweet. LOL You make me giggle!

AK said:
    October 28, 2017 at 10:37 AM

Sweet tea is the best way to drink tea!

October 28, 2017 at 11:09 AM

I have been drinking tea a lot in the past year or so. I have several that I use to help me with my weight loss efforts. Those are made by Yogi and Traditional Medicine and come in flavors like Cranberry and Blueberry. (I know you said that you are not a berry fan but the cranberry is good for flushing out the kidneys). I also use a couple from Yogi called Detox for a cleanse. I drink those mostly at night before bed. I LOVE Yogi Vanilla Spice for energy. I also love licorice flavored and all the good ones that come out during this season with cinnamon and pumpkin, candy cane, etc. I like lemon and mango as well. I tried a chocolate mint one but was not a fan. I have tried the brew your own and got one that had bits of mango in it but to me it is more trouble than it’s worth. Tazo also makes some good ones. I drink it straight, no sugar or cream. I do use some honey with lemon if I have a sore throat. I’ve been using the empty boxes to make little gift boxes to sell on Etsy. I just couldn’t throw them away! Happy Saturday, Jay.

October 28, 2017 at 2:49 PM

That’s a great re-use of the materials. I like the sound of licorice, thanks for the heads up on that one. I’ve had kidney stones before and drank lots of cranberry juice. I forget to now as a regular thing, Maybe I should try it this way?

I’m hoping to not add cream or sugar to whatever teas I chose. Definitely not sure. Milk might be ok.

I’m glad it’s helping with your weight and health focus. That’s always a good thing to hear.

Judy said:
    October 28, 2017 at 11:32 AM

Traditional Medicinals is the brand I use. “Gypsy Cold Care” is my go-to cold product; it doesn’t cure, but it does improve symptoms while other cold medicines tend to leave me with a sinus infection. “Chamomile and Lavender” is my favorite for evenings. “Throat Coat” for sore throats, and “Breathe Easy” when I’m a little stuffy, usually from mild allergies. Honey is my sweetener of choice in tea. If using milk, pour the milk in the cup first; that’s how my British aunt prepared hers.

October 28, 2017 at 2:50 PM

I’m fascinated by the particular order of doing things with tea. I think it’s great. With winter coming, these sound like good ones to give a chance to… thanks!

Books,BooksAndMoreBooks said:
    October 28, 2017 at 11:42 AM

Always get the best tea you can afford. Loose Leaf is best, silk sachets next.

October 28, 2017 at 2:51 PM

Silly question… do the loose leaf ones go in a pot that pours out tea without the leaves? Or do they go in the bottom of the cup and stay there? I honestly don’t know!

Books,BooksAndMoreBooks said:
        October 28, 2017 at 6:25 PM

I am old school. I put the leaves in the pot, then the water. Steep and then I pour the tea into my cup through a tiny tea strainer. But try the bags/sachets first! The Hot Cinnamon Spice by Harney & Sons is very yummy!

October 29, 2017 at 9:31 AM

Thank you for making that more clear!

The Cozy Pages said:
    October 28, 2017 at 12:15 PM

Completely backing the loose leaf tea option; whichever brand or type you choose. Get a tea diffuser and enjoy the loose leaf varieties.https://thecozypages.wordpress.com/

October 28, 2017 at 2:52 PM

I will have to find a tea store or look on Amazon for the diffuser. I saw a few at Williams Sonoma once, but they were expensive!

Mintly said:
    October 28, 2017 at 12:30 PM

I like to have a cup of Earl Grey or Lady Grey tea with milk in the mid-afternoon. Maybe eat with a scone? (I love this combination)
    Somedays, I’ll make a pot of Chinese/ Japanese tea (so many types of them!) with my purple clay teapot. Art of making and enjoying a good cup of tea is always associated with philosophy in Chinese and Japanese culture. Purple clay teapot did a really good job in brewing a good cup of tea, it’ll sort of balance the taste and texture (you’ll feel the tea is quite smooth when washing down from your mouth to throat). It’s really a deep topic in Chinese and Japanese culture.
    In the SEA and Hong Kong, people love to enjoy a cup of black tea with condensed milk and evaporated milk. While in Taiwan, bubble-milk tea is quite popular. Haha…..When we talk about tea, there’re really lots to learn. It really depends on which one that you enjoy the most. I just drink them depends on my mood. 😀

October 28, 2017 at 2:53 PM

You are absolutely correct with the scone. I may try to make them in the near future… love them! It sounds like the pot is very important, so I am going to do some research. I appreciate the background here and some of the cultural info. I love learning about things this way from others.

Mintly said:
        October 29, 2017 at 9:22 AM

Yes, for Chinese and Japanese, the teapot is quite important and also our patient when brewing the tea.
        And scone is a must with Brit tea (with milk). Hope you enjoy your cup of tea.

October 29, 2017 at 9:33 AM

thanks! I may bake some today.

tylerus said:
    October 28, 2017 at 12:41 PM

Like you, I’ve never been overly keen on tea. But I’ve found, of late, I need [serious] de-stressing. I’ve found a pleasant little chamomile-lavender blend (Celestial Seasonings, I believe) and it does help take the edge off. Tea here in Toronto has become quite the rage in the last couple years: David’s, dedicated solely to tea, is becoming as popular / populated as Starbuck’s (okay, maybe not quite THAT “voluminous”, but getting there).

October 28, 2017 at 2:54 PM

It has to start somewhere, right? I think there’s another big tea shoppe in the US but I don’t recall the name. I do like the chamomile flavor. Thx!

Kiersten said:
    October 28, 2017 at 2:38 PM

I never started drinking tea until this year. I looooove coffee. I drink coffee all day long. Until now I thought tea was just coffee’s weak ass little brother. I discovered this year that I actually like green tea. White is pretty good too, especially if it’s also fruity. All this time that I thought I hated tea I was just hating on black tea. I still can’t get used to that one. (It just tastes like dirty water to me…which I guess it technically is.)

October 28, 2017 at 3:01 PM

Ha, too funny. I totally agreed with you… weak ass little brother. I love that. You should do a commercial for a big tea company and start out by saying that!!!

Atwood Cutting said:
    October 28, 2017 at 2:50 PM

When I am up tight I drink Tension Tamer tea. But for pure pleasure, I like Licorice Spice tea. No sugar or milk added. They are grocery store packs, but I don’t spend a lot of time in the kitchen. These teas always reward me.

October 28, 2017 at 3:02 PM

I keep hearing about licorice. I have to find one to try it! Thx.

Beware Of The Reader said:
    October 28, 2017 at 3:31 PM

Haaaa tea! I became a fan when I lived in England for some months. I read it every way. Black tea during the day some spicy tea after my lunch like Chai (with ginger, pepper and other spices). In the evening I drink green tea with or without jasmine. I drink my black tea like Brits: with some milk and sugar while I drink green tea like Japanese do: plain. I hope I could educate you as you requested James 😉

October 28, 2017 at 3:33 PM

Yes, definitely. I am curious to try black tea. I’ve had chai, which I like. I am so-so on green tea. I appreciate it.

October 28, 2017 at 3:35 PM

Oh…..I had my tea Society book club today! Robyn, the leader is amazing and knowledgeable about tea. I will invite you the next time we have an event! I use tea bags for convenience but love loose leaf. There’s a place in soho, I think it’s T2 and they have samples when yo7 go to the store. David’s on 6th and 22 is also wonderful. I drink different teas depending on my mood. My fave is earl grey though! Will gladly talk tea or go with you on tea excursion!!

October 28, 2017 at 3:37 PM

I think that’s where our next “coffee catch-up” should be… a tea place. Excellent plan. And thanks re-the tea society book club! I just sat on the couch with a cup of chamomile vanilla, as it was in the closet.

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    October 28, 2017 at 3:41 PM

Yay tea! Though I can’t believe you are a heathen that doesn’t drink it- jk! 😉 I usually just drink breakfast tea with milk, although technically my favourite is Earl Grey, because it’s got a very nice subtle flavour. But what actually got me into tea drinking was Turkish tea, because it’s very rich and often sugar as well- I just love the contrast of sweet and bitter (although now I don’t have any sugar in my tea, so I’m just oh so bitter all the time 😉 oh my gosh- I apologise for all these lousy jokes!) As for brewing it from scratch- I am wayyy too lazy for that, so if I do have a proper brew I go to a teashop- and I can therefore confirm it is actually better (plus you get about 3-4 cups out of a pot- so result!) I really hope you come over to the dark side (ahem get into tea, I mean 😉 ) also known as across the pond 😉

AJ said:
    October 28, 2017 at 5:16 PM

Telling you all about tea could take years. This time of the year I make chai tea at home mostly:) It’s perfect for crisp Fall days.

Emma Cownie said:
    October 28, 2017 at 5:21 PM

Tea – Breakfast Tea. Any time of the day. Wonderful refreshing drink. Never could understand you USA loves coffee so much. Tea is so much nicer.

shalini said:
    October 29, 2017 at 4:14 AM

I love my morning cuppa tea with ginger unless I am too drowsy and I have long day at work, then it’s straight shots of pure caffeine

October 29, 2017 at 9:30 AM

Caffeine will help. I wonder about the differences between caffeine in and not in tea…. need to look that up.

shalini said:
        October 29, 2017 at 9:33 AM

Tea has tannic acid and caffeine, and other flavanoids percentage of caffeine is low,
        Coffee is pure caffeine with or without chicory powder in India. We do not have decaffeinated coffee

October 29, 2017 at 9:36 AM

I’ve so much to learn. Thank you.

shalini said:
        October 29, 2017 at 9:59 AM

Hugs!!

susandyer1962 said:
    October 29, 2017 at 8:23 AM

Good luck diving into the world of tea Jay! I’m a total coffee girl but I do drink cold tea during the day! Never sweetened and never with lemon! Ewwww, it’s straight or nothing! Lol

Happy Sunday! Stay dry!!

thecarfactor said:
    October 29, 2017 at 9:56 AM

Great post. Do check out my website, http://www.thecarfactor.com , where I write about cars and technology in them. Feel free to follow if you like my content. Cheers mate

October 29, 2017 at 10:13 AM

I love tea! I use bags and loose, but herbal only due to caffeine. I grow a lot of my own and would love to send you some if you’re interested in herbal teas. Some people don’t like herbal. I always have to add raw honey to every tea I drink.

A hot drink of tea with a good book on a day like today is heaven. 🖤

anne leueen said:
    October 29, 2017 at 12:03 PM

I come from an Irish and English tea drinking family and started drinking tea at the age of 3. I’m talking about black tea not herbal tea. I drink English breakfast in the morning. This is a blend of India teas and is stronger. In the afternoon I drink a black China tea, or a blend like Russian Caravan which is also China and other teas. But the best……the best…absolutely the best in my opinion for an afternoon tea is Darjeeling. This tea is grown in the tea gardens of Darjeeling, and it picked by hand, then rolled by hand and very carefully fermented and roasted. The name Darjeeling is protected so it has to be the real thing, not just any old pretender tea. I do not want to drink the flavored teas. If I want a fruit drink I will get one I’m not a fan of fruity flavored teas. I will drink chamomile tea and basil tea with a bit of honey if I need to sleep or have a sore throat. And for the black teas I always use leaf tea, never, never , ever bags of tea. The ritual is to warm the pot with a splash of water from a boiling kettle , then put the tea into the bottom of the pot and then pour over boiling water. You will need a tea strainer so the leaves do not go into your cup. For a stronger tea like the English Breakfast or an Assam they will be full bodied and for the Darjeeling they will be a milder and paler tea. Any of the teas can get bitter it left in the pot to stew. You can pour in some extra hot water to lessen the bitterness if you want to have another cup from a pot that has been sitting. And finally…it is worth it to drink tea from a china cup and not a thick pottery mug or paper cup and metal cups are dreadful. So there your have it. Confessions of a Tea Fanatic.

October 29, 2017 at 2:51 PM

WOW! I love this great education. So much to download and digest. I definitely need to group these suggestions together and decide if I want to try an afternoon tea or switch up my mornings with 1 cup of coffee (I like the flavor) and 1 cup of tea instead of 2 cups of coffee. Thank you!

anne leueen said:
        October 29, 2017 at 3:08 PM

You are welcome! Enjoy your tea explorations.

Sherron0 said:
    October 29, 2017 at 12:23 PM

I agree with @Anne that Darjeeling is an excellent place to start for an all ’round good tea. I order my tea from Grace Tea in MA, https://gracetea.com/ and find their quality to be high across the spectrum. At least get a catalog. You’ll find brewing times for different kinds of tea and other interesting facts.

October 29, 2017 at 2:45 PM

Oooh, a link to check out! Thank you. I look forward to it. I’m currently baking a bourbon peanut pie, but once I put that in the oven, I will jump over to look at the link.

Books, Vertigo and Tea said:
    October 29, 2017 at 1:25 PM

Ah, I love tea haha! I tend to favor ginger and turmeric teas for cleansing, although there are many blends available. I always recommend adding a bit of fresh lemon as well. Be warned though, turmeric and ginger can both be an acquired taste and I have yet to find them in a loose leaf blend that I enjoy. Yogi has a wonderful detox blend that you can find with a hint of berry I believe. I use the turmeric more to combat inflammation. The brand I am using is Rishi. I find it most palatable so far but still add honey.

Do you have a Teavana nearby? They are a bit pricey but have knowledgeable staff normally and will be happy to walk you through loose leaf blends. They usually have plenty of samples as well 🙂 I prefer loose leaf but also like the convenience of tea bags. I have found that the teas that come in organic, cotton bags tend to offer better flavor (well in my opinion). I actually purchase the tea bags separately and keep them for some of my loose leaf teas when I do not have time to wait at home for the tea to steep 😉

If you like nuttier flavors and vanilla, you may enjoy a vanilla almond rooibos tea. The Tea Spot has a loose leaf blend that I love! Just a thought. I find it helps to google recommended temps and times for brewing with new teas, although the good ones will include this info in packaging. I am learning it does make a difference 🙂

Sorry. I have rambled on too long. Saw tea and was excited! Have a wonderful week my friend!

October 29, 2017 at 2:44 PM

I love the ‘ramble’ as it gives me options; thank you. I do believe there is a Teavana around here. I’ve seen them before, but not sure if it’s in NYC or during my travels. I’m sure there is somewhere easy like that. I do like those spices in foods, so I might in tea. Thanks for all the recommendations!

October 29, 2017 at 6:06 PM

Oh I live on tea, I am English after all! 😂
    My favourites are:
    Roibos – which is a mild South African red tea, absolutely lovely.
    Peppermint Tea – Particularly good for your stomach and things like heartburn.
    Super Fruit Tea – This is a mix of Berrys and other super fruits, s you don’t like berry teas you probably wouldn’t like it, it’s quite a potent mix but I do love it.
    Winter Spice Tea – it’s almost time for me to bring this one out, it has licorice, fennel, peppermint, cinnamon and some other winter ingredients to make a very spicy tea, I always have a good stock of it in through Christmas.

October 29, 2017 at 6:28 PM

I like the sound of winter spice. What brand?

October 30, 2017 at 4:16 AM

It’s a brand called Teapigs. If you can’t get it there I’m happy to send you some.

October 30, 2017 at 8:16 AM

I will look for it and let you know!

overthehillontheyellowbrickroad said:
    October 29, 2017 at 7:22 PM

I love Yogi Cinnamon Vanilla Healthy Skin tea. You can find it in supermarkets and healthy food stores in New York City.

October 29, 2017 at 8:40 PM

I have a tea drawer that rolls out from my pantry. When people find out I drink teas, they always have one they want me to try and give me some of it. I rarely have to buy tea!

Book Club Mom said:
    October 29, 2017 at 9:34 PM

Well I have to tell you that I have tried all kinds of hot tea. My favorites are English Breakfast and Earl Grey. I guess I’m supposed to drink Lady Grey, but I like Earl better! But seriously, the best tea to me is plain old Lipton black tea. I drink a lot of iced tea with lemonade and, although it’s very high maintenance, I do it a couple glasses at a time because tea that sits a while isn’t quite as good. I don’t like coffee so I will never jump to that side!

October 29, 2017 at 9:40 PM

I agree with you if something sits too long. Lipton… I’ve only had that for a quick hot tea or iced tea. I’ve not had black tea.

October 30, 2017 at 9:51 AM

I have a tea from Piccadilly Circus (square), Jackson’s of Piccadilly,whose crest on the blue enameled can it comes in is most impressive. I don’t drink it often enough because it is loose and must be strained or made in the tea infuser. I am a lazy tea bagger. My grandmother, who was British, always drank Lipton’s orange/peoke (sp?) tea. But she put lemon AND milk into it. (You would think the milk would curdle.)

October 30, 2017 at 9:53 AM

People are very unusual with their tea, but differences are good. I don’t know how it doesn’t curdle… interesting.

mainepaperpusher said:
    October 29, 2017 at 10:56 PM

I started writing a response and realized that I was getting too wordy and I’d come off as a tea snob. Which is weird because I just finished a post on being a coffee snob. Anyhow, I know a little bit about tea and I’d be happy to help you in any way I can. If you are looking for info on flavored teas then I’m useless. 😉 I know what you are thinking! 😉

October 30, 2017 at 8:15 AM

Ha, I’ve done that before. I will probably compile everything in the comments and then come up with a plan… will send it over! 🙂

mainepaperpusher said:
        October 31, 2017 at 11:32 PM

Nice! Hey! Guess what UPS dropped off today!!! GUESS!!!

October 31, 2017 at 11:44 PM

Toys for Levi and Walter for an early holiday present???

October 31, 2017 at 11:49 PM

A tea and coffee sampler box of a thousand flavors for the upcoming year?

mainepaperpusher said:
        November 1, 2017 at 12:06 PM

No and no! I’ll give you a hint. It’s a book! Have you ever held a glass book in your hands? I bet you have! *Jumps up and down in glee*

November 1, 2017 at 1:09 PM

NOOOOO. Believe it or not, I still haven’t see a copy. I am waiting for someone to show it. I haven’t gotten the final version of mine. 🙂

I may have to ask you to check if the final version / formats / edits are in that one. Wowowow, how cool!

mainepaperpusher said:
        November 1, 2017 at 1:15 PM

I’ll be happy to answer anything you like. Haha, I got one before you did! Na na na na na na! By the way, make sure your book tour ppl give the physical book url as well as the kindle version. They appear to be separate. I had to search to find the hardcopy. Wonder if I got the first one?!

November 1, 2017 at 1:17 PM

I think Amazon just fixed the link. It now shows together. Let me know if you still see it separately!!! Roda ordered it too… not sure it arrived yet! So exciting. I might email you with a few questions later on the version.

mainepaperpusher said:
        November 1, 2017 at 11:32 PM

I checked the link and they fixed it. Whew! Email anytime. You know I’m happy to help.

November 1, 2017 at 11:37 PM

Thx!

Stephen Stilwell said:
    October 30, 2017 at 1:22 AM

I read your earlier post on coffee, and even commented on it. I love how tea, coffee and other infusions can help in such a large variety of ways; stress, focus, motivation, inspiration, health. I talk about business, self-help, coffee and teas over at
    StephenDiagram | https://stephendiagram.com/

TheReadersBay said:
    October 30, 2017 at 5:06 AM

Omg I’m a major tea lover! So I’m from Pakistan and we have very traditional ways of making tea. We have karak chai where we brew our own tea leaves and add milk while the tea leaves are boiling. It gives such a wonderful orange colour!! I love that. We also have spice tea, elaichi (cardamom) tea, Kashmiri tea. And each has their own different taste!

October 30, 2017 at 8:17 AM

The color sounds wonderful. I like watching it take over the mug, changing as the leaves brew stronger. 🙂

Cozynookbks said:
    October 30, 2017 at 9:12 PM

I know I’m late to this but I love tea. I like a cup of tea at almost any time of day, but I really enjoy it when reading a good book. I find the ritual relaxing. I really like black tea the most (English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Lady Grey, etc.), and take it like the Brits do, with sugar and a little milk or cream. When my acid reflux isn’t killing me I also like black tea with sugar and lemon. I like herbal tea as well.
    I enjoy Harney & Sons tea. You might like their Hot Cinnamon Spice. It’s very popular for them, and quite delicious!!

October 30, 2017 at 9:56 PM

Sorry about the reflux. Not late at all! I usually wait a whole week to collect feedback. Cinnamon is good!

carhicks said:
    November 1, 2017 at 7:54 AM

I am not a big tea drinker, but I do enjoy a cup of chai tea in the evening.

janowrite said:
    November 1, 2017 at 12:24 PM

I like Yogi Organic Ginger Tea, it’s teabags but you can get it at most grocery stores. It’s really good (I like the flavor and don’t personally care whether it’s organic, an oft’ misused term 🙂 )

November 1, 2017 at 1:12 PM

I think you should share the definition of organic — then we can use the right one!

Someone else suggested this brand too. I’m compiling the list to share back out this weekend.

janowrite said:
        November 1, 2017 at 1:22 PM

The way I think of organic means no chemicals involved – no chemical/non-natural/artificial pesticides or herbicides involved in growing the produce.

November 1, 2017 at 1:49 PM

Thank you for sharing.

Cheche Winnie said:
    November 11, 2017 at 10:51 AM

Green tea which may reduce your risk of developing heart disease, help you maintain better bone mineral density, ward off eye diseases that affect vision in older age, prevent strokes, and even extend your life.